Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-21-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Anyone know how much the speaker/cans combo goes for? Would one set sound decent?
Old    star_star            03-21-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
jay, i have four sets on my boat. they sound really good up close. however, they don't project as well as i have been told NVS or Wetsounds or any of the other HCLD style speakers do. the aluminum billett cans are second to none in looks and function, the speakers are top notch too. the speakers on crutchfield or overtons are $399 each. the cans are VERY expensive, but again, they are gorgeous. go to JLaudio.com and l00k at the new cans and speakers they are offering. i have no idea of the price but they can't be as expensive as the MC/Gere Marie manufactured cans. my thoughts would be to check price then consider Wetsounds. good luck
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
Jay - Star has everything correct. Although the are intended to be marine tower specific speakers they are not going to be optimal for the rider. People on the sun deck or wakesurfing might find these speakers enough but it would be better to get into some "Pro Audio" for not a ton more. Price is not available on the JL pod yet and they do not have a release date as of this month.

I love the looks of the new JL grills they offer and the pod is built very well. All of the new Jl grills and speakers will be available by the end of April.

Upload
Upload

What part of Cal are you in? Give me a call and I can fill you in on what is working well on boats for us and answer as many questions as I can. I will be back in on Monday.