Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-21-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
anyone been there, heading up there for 5 days, family reunion thing, going to coulee city. Road tripping pulling the boat 7 ½ hours, long ass drive hope the water is nice
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
It's awesome- a huge lake with lots of great water spots. the park is nice and there's good beach areas too. Water's cold though- bring a shortie if you have it you won't be sorry. I used to live in Sammamish and went to Banks or Entiat every summer.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-24-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
This is my favorite Lake. We always stay at Osborne Bay state park 1/2hr north of Coulee City, but just south of Electic City. SunBanks Resort is across the lake from there. Water temp has been fairly desent this year,69-74. I jumped right of the boat with shorts on and wasn't to bad. Mosquitos come out at dusk pretty bad though so be prepared.
Old    Lakewood, WA            08-25-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
Dang, that's one thing nice about the Northwest. Not ONE mosquito bite all summer. When i lived in the south (GA, LA, AL) i got stung just walking to the car. No thank you.

My lake (American Lake) in Lakewood, WA, is down to the mid 60's. Still tolerable though.

John
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Nah...there's mosquitos on the east side of the state. Not too bad this summer, though.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
omg, don't get me started. banks rocks. i could go on and on. we love it there. the farther away from the dam you go, the warmer the water. it was 75* about 3 miles from the dam in july. some places it hits 80 no prob.

sunbanks resort is definitely the place to be if you want to rent one of their new villas. they have these new villas there that are just plush. all pimped out, fully furnished with full sized appliances, a kitchen and large decks. just sweet. it's a tradition now for us and 8 others. we'll go every year 4th of july week for at least 4 nights and can't lose our 5 bedroom villa unless we cancel. they've got an outside bar/cantina with decent pub food and awesome drinks and seating too. plus you can rent a slip for your boat and gas is only a mile up lake on the water at playland resort. it probably wouldn't be my first pick if i was tent camping or rv'ing, but if you can spring for the new villas, there's no where better on the lake. the staff is awesome too. 3 guys bought the place a couple years back and dumped a ton of money into it.

www.sunbanksresort.com

imo, there's only one place better and that's Lake Roosevelt.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-26-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
ya but the villa's are like $3500 for 1 week. We stay right across the lake for only 10 bucks a night. Tent camping up there kicks ass and water has been great(74ish). Did you gas up at Playland? We always top off in town. the have had quite a few Fishing Tourneys this year. my opinion....