Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-02-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
This is a spin off of the best/ worst excuse for a 3rd. What is the most crap someone has brought on your boat. I had someone bring (for him and his wife) a fruit tray from Kroger, 15 gatorade's, 15 waters, 2 bunches of bananas, sandwiches and chips. Then a backpack, towel bag and purse. I honestly did not have any where to put all their stuff. I just put it in the bow and hope it didn't get wet.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-02-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
We had a guy bring 3 of the most annoying people in the world.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-02-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
a bitchy wife
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-02-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
^ Right on Jason.

I feel your pain. But, in my case, I cannot say who (or what relation). I gotta put up with it.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette74 View Post
15 gatorade's, 15 waters, 2 bunches of bananas,
If I found him with bananas on my boat, the bananas, him and his wife would have been tossed over. Dude bananas are bad luck on a boat!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       12-02-2010, 5:45 PM Reply   
My one buddy's wife... She's bad luck. She came out twice on my last boat and both time it broke down. One time a blown head gasket the other a blown coupler. In 3 years it broke down twice, each time was with her on it. Ran flawlessly aside from that. She was a good sport about it each time, but she won't come out when I invite them anymore because she's afraid she'll break my boat. lol

Aside from that, never had anyone bring more than a bag with clothes/towel/lunch, drinks for the cooler and boards. Nothing I couldn't fit in my storage cubby or under the bow cushions.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
I gotta say, I do not mind people who bring food...all the items you listed do not fall under "crap" imo they all fall under delicious snacks haha maybe Im just a fatass but I wouldn't mind it haha....I find it worst when people don't bring anything, or only bring enough for them...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
^^^No doubt. At least they didn't bring Cheetos or Doritos or Grape Juice. lol
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-02-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
I used have these two girls always bring an 18 pack of Michelob Ultra and they would drink 4 at the most each time. While I'm not bitching about two good looking girls but I don't drink on the boat (maybe the rare one beer at sunset) but they bring beer and no food. Plus two backpacks.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
Oh yeah I hate it when hot chicks bring beer on the boat. NOT
Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       12-03-2010, 12:17 AM Reply   
^^ +1
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2010, 1:26 AM Reply   
I wish I had your problem AJ.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2010, 3:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I used have these two girls always bring an 18 pack of Michelob Ultra and they would drink 4 at the most each time. While I'm not bitching about two good looking girls but I don't drink on the boat (maybe the rare one beer at sunset) but they bring beer and no food. Plus two backpacks.
I bet you they went as far as taking their top off so they didn't have the tan line. The nerve.

Hope that was sacarism AJ.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-03-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
OH NO You guys would hate me. I usaully show up with at least 2 set-up's and one extra blank deck, A Wakeskate, a cooler of brews, a back pack, a camera bag and a straggler or two. My Bad.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-03-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, I have the inverse issue of AJ. I only get irritated when people don't bring beer and/or gas money....especially if they are drinking my beer!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
I am with Andy. I'll bring my board, rope, vest, helmet, wetsuit (depending on the time of year but here in Canada it's a good chunk of the year), towel, and a backpack full of stuff including lunch, camera. The good thing is most of the time I'm riding in a boat with plenty of room for all this.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-03-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
I had a buddy who brought a 5 gallon jug of tea, for himself. It wasn't to make long island ice teas or to mix drinks but that was his drink of choice. It took up most of the room in the cooler.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-03-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Oh yeah I hate it when hot chicks bring beer on the boat. NOT
IMO Mich Ultra doesn't qualify as beer.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-03-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
^^ hahahhaaa... agreed!

Yeah I hate it when chicks bring beer!! bbbboooooo.... lol

I had a buddy bring one of those roasted chickens from the grocery store. I was like WTF? made him eat it sitting back by the platform.

I am usually getting crap from some of my normal ridding buds about bringing to much gear. OH well.....
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-03-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Is this serious? i dream of people bringing out a cooler with that many gatorades, waters, chips, snacks and a few healthy foods out. Not everybody lives on junk food and beer. Would i prefer beer, yea probably, but when its 90+ pretty much all summer where we ride, water and gatorade's are blessings after a long set. I cant say i get annoyed with anything besides not throwing down gas money, beer, or anything mentioned here. Usually boats have enough storage to stash quite a bit of gear (maybe not the old ski nautiques but we get by with lots of gear and 10 people :-D )
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Hyperactive Black Labs. This would usually be fine except our dogs don't get get along with other dogs so well and in that tight of a space with three 80 pound dogs usually makes for a fun day.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-03-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
"a bitchy wife"
throw her overboard
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
"a bitchy wife"
throw her overboard
haha, that's a hit or miss every trip out
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-03-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
God I hate when people show up with dogs!
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       12-03-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
I may have everyone beat! When I arrived in Ohio after living in Wa state for the last 5 years I was pretty educated in cold weather riding. Through WW I met some locals here and they invited me out to ride after I had been here for less than 24 hours. I asked if they could handle a sky ski and they said yes, so I loaded up and headed to the lake with all of my gear...keep in mind this was still early April. 2 back packs, vest, helmet and 35lb sky ski. The crew was great and I had a blast.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-10-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
had the roasted chickens on my boat too... but the worst by far was red wine in a small keg looking thing. i was hoping it wouldnt get opened but it did and empty solo cups full of wine flew up in the air when we took off and coated EVERYTHING with drops of wine. never been so pissed
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-10-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
hahaahah Foood, Drinks, Snacks, Gear, Grils, Beer, **** Bring everything... Because its going to be one good day of riding!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-11-2010, 5:44 AM Reply   
6 extra friends when they said they were bringing one. My boat only holds 6 people.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2010, 6:14 AM Reply   
Two wakeboards, a surf board, knee braces(2) 12 pack of beer, change of cloths, extra rope/handle, towels and the girl friend de jour- you know who you are!!! it's all good though- he's a great rider and we always have fun!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-15-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
Two wakeboards, a surf board, knee braces(2) 12 pack of beer, change of cloths, extra rope/handle, towels and the girl friend de jour- you know who you are!!! it's all good though- he's a great rider and we always have fun!
man, almost fits my profile, but I'm guessing with the Surf Board and 12 pack of beer that it's probably Ryan....who knows maybe it was me????
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-15-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
LOL, actually, with the "girl friend de jour" comment it's gotta be him!!!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ding Ding ding!!!!!!! We have a winner!! I knew someone in the crew would figure that one out!
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
"I had a buddy bring one of those roasted chickens from the grocery store"
That is hilarious.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       01-03-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Sadly I don't have a boat to have these kind of problems but whenever I go I ask whoever it is giving me a pull what all they want me to bring, I never bring more then they ask, and always give extra gas money.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-03-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
A duffle bag full of all his riding gear,and never uses but a towel out of there. and also he stops at mcdonalds and brings me a cheeseburger with no onions(i love onions) because he's to lazy to ask them for one with onion and one without. Plus no fries!! who eats a cheeseburger with no fries???
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       01-03-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=tonyv420;1652393 who eats a cheeseburger with no fries???[/QUOTE]

Mr Potato Head?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-03-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Frickin hilarious!!! good one greenbass86
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-05-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
Hyperactive Black Labs. This would usually be fine except our dogs don't get get along with other dogs so well and in that tight of a space with three 80 pound dogs usually makes for a fun day.

My worst is a hyperactive yellow lab. My boat HAD the old school dark red carpet. Had to replace the carpet to get the hair out of the boat! (I was replacing it anyway but still!)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-06-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
An enormous amount of dirt on 3 newbies feet (shoes on) that coated my freshly washed boat. ugghhh If you know me, I only wash my boat once maybe 2 times a year and am not anal at all but for f*cks sake who walks all over a white boat with dirty shoes right off the bat?!!? !
Old    ScottRobinson            01-07-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
The dirty shoes is just a bitch!! I dad and father in law are notorios for this. They do the flip flop thing but have them on when they get in and out. Drives me F-ing crazy. So late last year I told my 4 little kids, wife, Dad and Father in law.....ALL TYPES OF SHOES STAY IN THE CAR.....they just looked at me like I was crazy. I said..."my boat, my rules" They finally got it, but really, do I have to say anything after you see a giant muddy footprint on my brand new 2011 Epic seat cushion? REALLY?P?P?P?P
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       01-07-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^
If they leave a muddy shoe print on your seat you should tell them that is where they are sitting.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-09-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
Dogs on the boat drive me crazy, I can't handle it.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
no one has physically brought poo on the boat but there have been a large number of aqua dumps on record after some dreaded butt checks. I contributed a few myself learning krypts back in the day lol.
on a serious note really the only bad thing someone has brought is bad music, and the endurance to take
a 45+ minute set.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
when someone shows up with 2+ random friends that you end up having to teach to ride when you don't even know them. they never know where to sit and the wake is always f'd up. now if we want to talk about taking up a lot of room, a real photog with all of his gear definitely gets tricky but it's pretty hard to complain about that.
Have another buddy that has a jack Russell terrier, most hyper dog with claws the size of fangs. he really seems to love being on the boat though so I just kind of go with it