Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    catfishh            04-13-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
I have been riding serious for about a year now, can jump w2w ts/hs, do pretty much all grabs, 180's, half cabs, fs 360's, suicides, shifty's, and all kinds of other basic tricks.
I am thinking about entering some contests this year and was curious if that is enough to do well in the intermediate or beginner category? I feel like I am learning new tricks everyday and I ride at least four days a week. Am I ready or what???
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-13-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Go to a local comp and see what the riders in the division you would want to ride in are throwin down, then it will be easy for you to choose a division to ride in. Its all about havin a good time, just enter and throw what you got and see what happens. Its all good.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-13-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
"Its all about havin a good time, just enter and throw what you got and see what happens. Its all good."

exactly.
Old    catfishh            04-13-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
That's what I'm thinking, I just didn't want to enter into too low a class and be unfair to the guys competing or go into a class that's too advanced and be getting blown out the water. I will just go check the first one and see what its like.

also would you consider a raley an invert? Some categories say no spins or inverts and if you throw one then they take points away!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
INT considers a Raley and invert, the comp should have a list of the tricks allowed per division. Have fun!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-13-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Jeff, they most likely won't take points away, just bump you up to the higher division
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-13-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Sandbag as long as you can get away with it!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-13-2006, 11:07 PM Reply   
Good one Rich..........
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2006, 11:10 PM Reply   
hey Randy you got any pics of your new boat yet?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-14-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
Dan, I took some last weekend and tried to down load them on the moomba thread. Couldn't get them to load. Will try resizing them this weekend.
Old     (chadilac)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
Jeff, if you can do all that stuff, intermediate is the division for you.