Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
wow. this is the BEST wakeboarding dvd out right now. wish it was longer! Andrew Adkison rips it in this one.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-01-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
If you liked the butter effect, definitely check out Bent Felix too. I have both of them and love them. It's strange though, i am more of a hip hop/rap guy but i really enjoyed all the music, and it gets me super pumped to ride. Great job to all riders and sean kilgus.

Also, rusty's part in Bent felix is killer.
Old    kidrik            05-01-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Love all the sections equally! But one that doesn't get mentioned as much as others is Brent Star's! I love the song, and his mad skillz........(the high ass tail grab which he held for like 10 minutes was Soh-WEET!)

Definitely "one" of the best DVD's!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
i agree with all of you guys butter effect and bent felix are both great. although the truth is the best wake film to date the music is good and the super slow motion sequences are unreal. that is some of the sickest footage to date. justin stephens really came out hollywood style with this one.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
I agree. I find myself throwing in the butter effect into my DVD player more often than all the others...
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
it's been my fav for a while. Burned the soundtrack and ride to it most of the time.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
the video was amazing, so was the music but the thing that i rememebr most was the sick tail grab the brent starr held forever!
great video!
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Where can i find the soundtrack?
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-01-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
i feel you jamie. i love hip hop but that soundtrack is sick and makes you want to go out a ride.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Rusty section alone was worth the price of the vid. Still my all time favorite. Also in my top 5 are new films Updog & The Truth. Old school, Spray and Switch 22.
Old    kidrik            05-02-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Chris, I don't know if there's a soundtrack, but I wrote down all the songs/groups and had a buddy at work download them all in order! I listen to it while working out, and always find myself visualizing the video.....always fires me up! (the info rolls in the credits)

Did you watch the bonus disc yet? Good stuff.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-02-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Chris, I did the same as Rik. But I enlisted the slave labor of my students. So eager to please. I love it.
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
would you guys mind posting the list?
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-02-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
ha ha Rik, i do same except i watch the video downstairs while im working out. I pretty much watch either Butter Effect or Bent felix every second day and they don't get old. Although there is never a bad time to get a new wakeboard video
Here's the playlist for bent felix Chris:

Intro: idiot pilot- strange we should meet
Sharpe: A.f.i- 37mm
Australia: Mute Math- progress
adkinson: editors- munich
lyman: social distortion- i wasn't born to follow
rathy: pixies- guage away
webb: the sounds- song with a mission
watkins,broome,smith: robots in disguise-d.i.y
harf: robots in disguise- cycle song
rusty: muse- map of problematique
credits: pinback- loro
Old     (liquid_malisha)      Join Date: May 2007       05-02-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
http://www.liquidmalisha.com/podcast.html

check this tv show out
Old    murrayair            05-02-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Butter Effect is also one of my favorites. Ben Greenwood kills it. That's probably the most stylish riding of any section in the last 3 or 4 years.
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-08-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
thanks for the list jamie!

now does anyone have the playlist to the butter effect?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Is the DVD the same as teh episode of Insane Cinema that's on Fuel TV tonight at 9:30 ET? Hope so, have the Tivo set to record!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-08-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Nope... From what I understand it was re-cut to different music.
Old    kidrik            05-08-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Chris, sorry man, I checked.....and the list I gave to my buddy to burn is gonzo. Just forward the DVD to the end, and pause and write as the credits roll.......

Good luck.