Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Noticed a few weeks ago the LT side of my teak swim step was dipping a bit. Thought the boat (V215) might have been listing to one side for some reason but when I got the boat home and laid a straight edge across the step it was clear that it is warping. Never seen this before and was curious if anyone else had a similar issue?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-15-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
I've seen quite a few warp over the years, in fact i had one do it on a boat i owned.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-15-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Coop--I believe this is the reason that so many people have slipped on your deck! because it is sloped to one side. And too think we were falsly blaming it on people partying and drinking too much. I feel much better knowing there is a scientific reason behind it.

Or, it could be from all the Surfing you do on your Wakeboard boat---ba ha haa ha
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Well I do stack all my lead on that corner when surfing, didnt think acouple thousand pounds of lead would do that lol

Maybe ill stick it on some flat cement this winter and stack some lead on it and see if it regains its shape. Kinda caught me off guard never heard of this before.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Coop, mine has done the same thing on the same side. Its pretty minimal and you have to really look at it to notice but it's there. We surf both sides so thats out
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-16-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
The last piece on the right side of my swim step has warped. Nothing a screw and some glue won't fix.