Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (wet_statie)      Join Date: May 2009       10-12-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
Is anyone familiar with this tower? Prices seem to have come and I was unable to find any other reviews or feedback.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Yeah I put one on my last boat--got it for about $700 on ebay last year. It is pretty easy to install and folds down. It was plenty solid. I added backing plates in addition to what came with the unit. It obviously not the rigidity of the towers that come with expensive wake board boats but it worked great and looked great on my boat.
Upload
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-12-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
That is the Airborne tower... We sold very few of the Assault towers. I heard mixed reviews from customers on the rigidity. I know they are selling for great deals right now.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
yeah you're right --I had the Airborne-the Assault has more bling.

(Message edited by johnny_gatsby on October 12, 2009)
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-12-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
how much side to side movement did you get with that tower j ?
Old     (wet_statie)      Join Date: May 2009       10-12-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for your replies. I just can't see a single loop tower being rigid or quiet. According to Aerial, its by far their best tower. I just can't find a similar tower for less. The towers are $1000 with two racks included (your choice of rack)with shipping. My use would be recreational, 4 months tops out of the year. Of that its use would mostly be on weekends. Onlyinboards why do you think the Assault didn't sell well, price?
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
The tower was really pretty solid-very little side to side movement when putting pressure on the tow point--if you tried to shake the side arms while the boat was on the trailer you could get some movement--the tower had to be tightened up every couple of times out to get rid of any rattling--it worked great and looked fine. That being said-it doesn't even come close to the quality of the Wakeair tower on my new boat.
jg
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-13-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
I've got the Aerial Airborn on my boat and I love it. Couldn't be happier with it. I can't offer any insight into the Assault itself but the Aerial quality is good.
Old     (ltwake)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-19-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Assault tower is a great tower, we designed them, and we love them a lot!

we supply all the tower to aerial. check it out. liantai.en.alibaba.com . if you need anything contact me at ltwakeboard@gmail.com