Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old    xtremebordgurl            12-02-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
I'll be moving to the lake in January and am wondering if anyone knows if there is much of a scene out that way or if anyone lives out that way. Also if anyone knows anything about the area and has any tips or pointers that would be great too. Thanks a million guys/gals!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-02-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
It's historical! I've never been there but a lot of important riders used to shred the gnar there, including (but not limited to) gregg necrasson...
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Call Dave Briscoe, he'll give you some killer lessons and fill you in on the area.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-02-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Melanie G could give you the 411 on that area. Shoot her a PM.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-02-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
Bess, shoot me an email when you get a chance and I will give you all the info you need to know about the area. I'm not too far from Killarney, so I can give you tips on where NOT to go.

melaniegaylord@hotmail.com
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-03-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks a bunch guys, melanie I sent you an e-mail, if there are bunch of wakeworlders down in the area I'll host a ww dinner if anyone is interested, it would be cool to get to know everyone in person. Thanks again guys!
Old     (pwrvelocity)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-03-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Count me in, I go down to that area quite a bit, looking to be around there sometime after the New Year....
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-04-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Thanks a bunch everyone, when I get down there we'll defenitly have to have everyone over for dinner some night.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-04-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Great Lake!

Eat at Houston's!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-04-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Waaazabi's is down the street across the street from Winter Park Village. Houston's is alright.