Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
This was shot from Club Moto yesterday. I made the video too long, but you'll get the idea in the first 2 minutes. Some jumping, and a couple of passes.

This track is kind of weak now. It's tight and slow. The biggest jump is about 50 feet which is kind of boring. I'm looking forward to documenting some 70-90 footers at Santa Clara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiW0lqBgAIU
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Nice. Good job you.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-17-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
that made me nauseous... hahhah good riding!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
Yeah it's pretty rough. I wish I could mount it to my helmet
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-17-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
I've been looking at helmet cams and also The Flip. Here's an idea. Mount the flip on your chest protector. I did that with a cheap little digital of mine and it worked great. I formed a little mount from some hard plastic sheet (nylon I think) that formed a "u" for the camera to slide in to. I then glued some foam inside and out to cushion the camera and set the angle and then zip tied it to my 'tector. I call it my gut cam. :-) If you stand up a lot, it's fine.

Here's one of my vids using it. Some wakeboarding and surfing in here too! The back half of the video is some footage using the camera. My first useage of the camera now has no sound on YouTube. Thanks Warner Music Group!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWKW5jeeon8

BTW, good video and glad you got to ride! It's been raining here for weeks! Not to mention some of the coldest weather we've seen in 20 years.

(Message edited by wakeboardingdad on January 17, 2010)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-19-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Nice jrod. They don't make helmet mounts for the flip?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
yah buddy that was sick. you were not joking about the track though. so glad i stayed home. febuary 7th homie, its go time!!!!!!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-20-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
these mount to the flip

http://www.delkin.com/products/accessories/fat-gecko-mini-mount.html
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
Nice find! Thing about the flip, with that mount, it will stick up a good 5-6 inches in the air.

I tried mounting to me chest protector. It didn't work out, but it was a quick, on the fly attempt.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Here's where I have the cam mounted. See the handlebars.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Upload