Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
Looking at Lightroom as I use a substantial amount of Adobe products. Any other options that you think are better?
I have Photoshop but have heard Lightroom is a good partner.
I run MAC if that makes a difference.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
Lightroom and Aperture are two options for a companion program to use alongside Photoshop. Obviously, Lightroom is an Adobe product so you can download and use the program free for 30 days to see if you like it. Aperture is made by Apple, so if Apple products give you a chubby you might cruise by their site to check that one out. By all accounts, both are great programs.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-13-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Aperture is due for a major upgrade more then likely by the end of the year. It's already a great program and my favorite for RAW conversions.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-13-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have an old version of photoshop and have been trying to use the trial of Apreture and it frustrates me to no end. I can't wait to get my hands on lightroom

Scott - you say you can do the free trial on Adobe stuff too....gonna have to check that out
Old     (hank_rearden)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-13-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
No experience with Aperture but I have been using Lightroom since it first was released.

It's a great compliment to PS. I still like to use my sharpening actions (not mine, but the one that I got from Fred Miranda) in PS since I think that they provide superior results but I do all of my exposure, color correction,burning/dodging, etc. in Lightroom now.

The batch processing is great, as I assume Aperture's is.

Upload
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-13-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Darin- here's the link. http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-14-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Be warned... the free trial of Lightroom will make you wonder how the hell you limped along without it! My free trial expires in 11 days... I'd be curious to know what percentage of those who download the trial end up buying Lightroom afterwards -- it has to be close to 100%. Obviously, I will be buying it after my trial ends... I'm just hoping there is an announcement of a price break before then. Probably a long-shot, though.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
lightroom is so so nice!!!!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
Here is the aperture main window.

Upload