Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (gracejcswakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-22-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
OK MY mom is going to take pics of me wakeboarding ....anyone have any tips....?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Deactivate the flash and tell her to take the pic as soon as you hit the wake, that will give the camera time to think and take the pic when you're in the air (if you're using a digital)

Also, tell her to take tons of pics, so you'll have lots to choose from. With practice she'll start to get the timing just right. Oh, and if your camera works like mine, where you push the button midway to focus, and the finish pressing for it to take the pic, have her focus (press midway) first, before you start the trick and hold it and then just finish pressing when you do it. Hope that makes sense.

And last.... show us the pics here!
Old     (barthold)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-11-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
Yes, Cris is right timing is critical. Also a lot of digital cameras have a sports setting. This helps take decent pictures of fast action. Another thing to consider is time of day and lighting. The best wakeboading pictures are taken early morning just after sunrise and late afternoon just prior to sunset. Riding into the sun the wakeboarder (you) will be evenly lit, void of the harsh shadows usually seen at high noon. Hope this helps. Now lets see those photos.