Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
What is the best way to clean off all the dust and grime. I was thinking of laying it on my driveway and scrubbing away. What does everyone else do?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-03-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
I keep my boat in the garage, so the cover stays pretty clean. Every now and then I'll spray it off with the hose. Usually gets rid of any dust
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-03-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
if you have access to a jaccuzi, spray it down with a non sudzing cleaner and throw it in with the jets and bubbles. clean in no time!!!
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
Won't the chemicals in the jaccuzi fade the cover? Just a though, my cover is dark.
Old     (jeremyog)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
Soap and a pressure washer cleaned mine up perfect. It's light gray so it looked pretty bad after a year outside. Make sure you use the least powerful nozzle as I almost blew a hole in my cover the first time I tried.
Old     (x2momma)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-05-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
We lay ours out on the driveway, drizzle on some liquid laundry detergent(none bleach kind), scrub it with a push broom, hose it off and it is good as new.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
take it down to the laundry mat and put in a extra large washer and dryer. It comes out awsome my gal thought of that one day when I was out in the driveway scrubing it with a push boom.
Old     (x2momma)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
Squid - Great idea!! I had thought of that, but didn't think I could find a washer it would fit in. Now that I know it will work, we will try it. Will be much easier than the push broom I'm sure. Thanks.

Slight thread jack, sorry - Where is Delhi, CA.? Off 99 near Atwater?
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-06-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
I took mine to my dry cleaners, he does it for about $25, and it comes back folded and wrapped up in plastic.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-06-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
I took mine down to the local laundry mat and ran it through the industrial sized washing machine. Then ran it through again this time with Nik Wax waterproofer. Cleaned and re-waterproofed when finished.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-06-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Nichi, yep right off 99 near Atwater.

(Message edited by twakess on September 06, 2005)
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-06-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
Just did it this year - lay down flat and rinse, then scrub with push broom and boat wash then rinse...flip over and repeat. Also, make sure you push the water and suds and dirt in the same direction (my driveway is a slope, so I started high and worked down.)

Strung an anchor rope between light pole and tree for a whiskey tango clothes line to dry.

Looked like a new cover!!!
Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-11-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
Hey, when you guys take the boat cover to the local laundry mats don't the straps all around the boat cover get tore up in the wash cycle? I have about 12 straps that dangle and attach to the trailer all around the boat cover. I would think handwashing in the driveway would be the only way...
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-12-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
I own a laundromat and have washed mine numerous times. It is the sumbrella material with the heavy plastic racheting straps. In does a great job. Make sure you use a 50# washer or bigger and choose the special wash or extended cycle to get all the dust out.

Dry it for 30 min then take it out and turn it. Reload for another 30 or so. You should be able to do it for $7-10. Tip the attendant $5 and have them transfer it to the dryer and turn it for you.

If concerned about the rachets clacking around tie an old sock around it.

These are boat covers boys, not your Gma's heirloom quilt ya know.