Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-14-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
just ordered a LF custom 4'10"

can't wait to get it
I can't believe how light they are!

what do yall think?
am I gunna love it?

oh

not sure if anyone took a pic, but my 9 year old and I successfully dbl surfed without the rope.....on our landlock!!!!
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-15-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
I wish I would have seen a request for a used one - I am ready to give mine away. I would have gladly given you a great deal on one that has less than 1 hour total on it. If you can cancel your order I will hook you up.

Enjoy the board though.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-15-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Loc
why do you wanna get rid of yours?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-15-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
Loc PM with this deal... I might be interested. Is it also the 4'10"?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-16-2007, 1:14 AM Reply   
LOC hit me on my e-mail, i want it.

liquidelement05@earthlink.net
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
Chris - Just sent you an email.

Tyler - Yes, it's the 4'10"

Cliff - I am getting rid of it as it is rides like an ocean inspired landlock. It was deceiving in it's appearance, it looks hot, feels light - rides 100% like a landlock. Slow, boring, unresponsive - big floaty. Just not a fun board to have at all.

There is a modification, I did install a clear Hot Pad from Surfco Hawaii, see link: Traction Installed backwards, right above the front deck pad. This is because LF just did NOT install traction correctly on these boards IMO, the smaller one is installed wrong too and will likely require more grip or wax.

I have pics, and willing to trade or sell for anything worth value. Let me know who wants to make a deal:

Email Me.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-16-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
i just tried this board and agree with Loc's statement.. kinda slow, boring, not responsive...however, it is a step above the entry level boards but not as responsive as a walzer....

so i think LF did come out with a nice all around board but not a killer one.. and rear stomp pad with arch bars makes a big difference on any board..
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
ouch

thanks
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Cliff -

Don't get discouraged at all - not all boards are great or bad for everyone. Some people love the broadcast, I hate it. Some people hate the Walzers, I love'em.

The list goes on and on - the custom may be the PERFECT board for you. Remember this board is not the end-all solution, it's an opinion farm.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
thanks Loc
worst case, I feel like the light weight of the board compared to the landlock, will make it easier for my 9 and 11 year old girls to learn on

then perhaps we can retire the landlock and free up a rack for a sportier board
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
btw, have you thought about changing out the rear fin for a smaller one ?
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I have posted this board for sale - I am putting a link in the classifieds as I cannot post the pictures on this site, they exceed the size limit. If anyone is interested:

LF Custom: For Sale Or Trade
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
I see what you guys mean
but
it does seem to ride faster....so it's easier to get back into the pocket if you lag behind

also
I like it better than the broadcast

I was able to teach both of my kids on it!

so...for now...it is the board of choice on our boat