Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (matt77)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hey,
I'm new to the Wakeskating scene but have been in the Wakeboarding scene for about 4 years now. I'm just wondering what board is good for beginners.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-20-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Usually beginners go with a flat deck, mainly because there less exspensive.

That way you can get one and see if you like it with out dropping alot of green.

Check out;

Oak Postmark

LF Faction

Hyperlite Scape

J-Star Distortion

FreeMotion Transfer

Distortion Hettler

Those are all good flat boards to look at.

Going ahead and purhasing a concave deck will only help you progress, but it is going to cost more. If you think you'll stick with wakeskating, go for it!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old    slim            02-21-2006, 12:03 AM Reply   
which board to buy? LF armada vs hyperlite byerly
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-21-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
get the byerly the aramada sucks for lip tricks
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Byerly, the Armada IMO is just too light
Old     (pirate)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
please dont buy a LF or Hype board.

Danny you forgot the Sattelyte deck.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-24-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
why shouldnt you buy LF?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-25-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
BRANDON,

I did forget the SATTELYTE, it slipped my mind.

JOHN, buy the Gator Boards DOYLE 40.5

Thats board is solid.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
i hate foam
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Sattelyte has a killer deck this year, and Liberation and Omen deck should be cool as well.
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-11-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
i want a gator double duece
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-12-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
Make sure you get a concave(any brand)-you'll love it much more than a flat board, but anything is possible on any board, as long as you have a strong skateboarding background
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Buy a hyperlite board they are the best, liquid force sucks
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-21-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Matt Stobo,

I was in the same situation as you were...been wakeboarding for a while, but wanted to try wakeskating...

First of all, let me tell you, you will really enjoy it. Wakeskating is a lot of fun. It's just nice to have some variety out on the water.

I went with the Liquid Force Armada 41. I made this choice because a foam core will last longer than a wood core. I'm sure wood is great. But from what I have read and heard...they break easier (snap!), scratch easier (deep), etc.

If you are picking up the sport for fun. I would go with a foam core. If you want to become a pro or take it more seriously, then go with wood. Most of the pros use wood (mainly because I think it's what they're used of, traditional, and they like the feel). I'm sure the pros could do the same tricks on a foam core if they got used to it. Same thing as grip top vs. foam top. The foam top gives you close to it if the not the same amount of control. It just feels different and it's safer on the knees.

Anyways, so a foam core will last longer. Most of them also have molded fins which provide a little more tracking and stability. Those wood decks I've heard are really loose. Which I'm not used of...a foam board will give you a little more stability (like a wakeboard with molded fins)...

I love the Armada. It's lighter than wood decks , but I like it like that. Wood decks are heavy (when compared)! The Armada is easy to pop in the air. It's not like it's a feather like people say. It's easy to control.

Conclusion...foam core will laster longer, molded fins give a little more traction, oh and get a concave deck. A flat deck would be way too beginner for you.

I'm sure Hyperlite has great wakeskates too. Just go with foam if fun is the objective.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-21-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
By the way, Liquid Force fixed the Armada this year by adding weight.

Plus all those Hyperlite fans out there that say "Liquid Force sucks! HAHAHAHA YEAH!" Give me a reason why???

Atleast give Matt some reasons...
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Liquid force sucks for many reasons

1. They are too light
2. Not enough pop
3. their riders suck
4. the foam on their boards come off really easily!
So hey charlie you should stop wishing that liquid force is a good company because hyperlite can outstand any liquid force wakeboard or wakeskate.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-26-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
I'm just curious as to which of their riders sucks the worst? Aaron Reed, Danny Hampson, Phillip Basino, Steve Schoenhals, Silas Thurman, Melissa Marquardt or Stef Tor. Yeah, that team is horrible!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Well put David. I wish people would think before typing. LF has a very strong wakeskating team, and awesome wakeskates. Tyler, bashing one brand or another will not get you any credibility here, or anywhere else.

-Steve
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
I guess I have run out of stars to wish upon...hyperlite took them all.

Oh well.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Steve, I know that LF has a good wakeskating team because if they didnt, well they wouldn't be a pro team. But what I am just saying is that Hyperlite has a much stronger team and boards than LF. Trust me with the boards. I have had a LF board in the past and it did not do waht I wish it cold do. So then I went out and got a hyperlite Byerly and that thing was great! It had plenty of weight so that the board wouldn't fly under my feet when I would do shuvits or kickflips. then after 2 months the foam onn the top started to come off on the LF board. So I knew that I needed to get a better board with plenty of pop, weight, and good foam grip. This is something that Lf does not have. Do you have a LF board Steve? Because if you did you would know what I am talking about. So Matt, I am suggesting to you that you should get a hyperlite board.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-27-2006, 11:41 PM Reply   
Well, that solves it. I can't believe we've been arguing all these years over which brand is better when all we had to do was have somebody try one model from each manufacturer and the answers would be as clear as day. Liquid Force might as well pack it in and concentrate on kites because this little puzzle has been solved. Nice work Tyler!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-28-2006, 12:57 AM Reply   

quote:

liquid force sucks

quote:

Liquid force sucks for many reasons
3. their riders suck

quote:

I know that LF has a good wakeskating team

Whatever.

-Steve
Old     (tha_k9)      Join Date: May 2006       05-02-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
Hi,

I'd want to purchase a concave deck so badly, however my budget isn't that great, so i hope i can get one second hand...anyone selling??

Pls email me as soon as possible (tha_k9@yahoo.com) if you do have or know someone whom i can get a concave wakeskate from. Thank you so much.