Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-18-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Ok just wanted to see what you guys thought about the differences between these two boards. I'm leaning toward the witness but I'm also looking at the lyman and maybe the reflex(maybe). Just doing some research so I'm happy with my decision.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-18-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Its hard to put into facts/words why I like the Lyman better, but when I demoed the witness, it felt like a great board...then I demoed the Lyman after and it just felt perfect. Better than the witness in everything it seemed. The Lyman is definitely faster. To me, it popped the same, the Lyman is probably a little looser. Witness might get softer landings although the Lymans are definitely not bad...witness felt wider too.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-18-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
lyman = faster, looser.
Old    benj_t            12-18-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
the witness is really slow and the lyman is really fast. i always ride the lyman but i actually really like the witness.it has really good straight up pop and nice landings. but i can still take my tricks up and out like i do on the lyman. but i recommend the lyman for sure.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       12-18-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
LYMAN!!!!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-18-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
How does the witness compare to a PS3(which I ride now) in speed?
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-18-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
similar. It never really buries the rail and takes a hard edge like the lyman, but isn't all that different on edge from the PS3. The witness is very easy to spin on, and pops like crazy, just dosn't have a very agressive edge
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-19-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Got a new 08 Witness 140 for sale if anyone wants one.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-19-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hey how much??? P.M. me fast!!! I'm looking for that exact board at a great price. Let me know.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-20-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
I've ridden both and both are great. I chose the Witness for myself. Great board.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
P.M. and pics sent.