Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-29-2007, 5:42 AM Reply   
Anyone bought a new Moomba this year? Im looking at a leftover 06 or an 07. Just wondering what sorts of deals everyone was getting. Im specifically looking at the Outback and the Outback V. With a tower, wake plate and the front ballast. That pretty much all the options im looking for. So if anyone has some advice to get the best deal or help me out that would be awesome.

I would be looking at used boats but the market for them in minnesota is not the best right now so thats why im looking or the moombas. Its also been hard to find what i am looking for in terms of options and what not on a used boat.

Thanks
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
i almost bought a new moomba this year, leftover 06 outback v with tower, plate, etc....33g out the door. i also considered an 07 outback v with same options, only the 07's have fuel injection. 38g out the door. those are the going rates here in michigan....low and behold, i found a 2000 supra launch that was in great condition with low hours and i love it and paid 21g for it and couldnt be happier about saving the 12g and getting, in my opinion, a better boat (wish i had v-drive though, but wasnt worth 12g to me). but the moomba was a sweet lookin boat, all orange....good luck finding one you want, there was only one 06 left around here but id spring the extra 5g for an 07 personally, i think that 38g was even with the appearance package too (stainless rub rail, dock lights, etc...) so you could get one without that for maybe a grand or two less.
Old     (neller0414)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
oh yeah and both had the 3 ballast system
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-29-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response nate. What sort of financing did you get on the Supra. The dealer by me also has a 2001 launch for sale. So i am looking at that to. But I guess financing is easier to get on the newer models.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-29-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Not if you go through a credit union, they are usually pretty close. At least my CU is.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
i am also interested in the moomba maybe the mobius lsv but why the drastic drop in price as compared to the other boat brands on the market, they seem to have the same features...is it like getting a Hyundai instead of a Honda?? just wondering...
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I bought a 2003 Mobius V earlier this year and love it. If you don't have a ton of money to spend and want a great boat that doesnt cost 45G then Moombas are great..Just my 2 cents....
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-29-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Got my 07 Mobius LSV back in March, could not be happier with the boat or the dealer. It had 10 demo hours on it when we got it, but it is loaded out and had a sweet stereo already installed when we got it. We took advantage of boat show deals, so the price we got then would not be achievable now I think.
Old     (bobbynipper)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-29-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Buy your boat when it just starts to get cold. Do your shopping now and get ready to make your deal when the time comes. Dealers starve in the winter and have to pay to hold that inventory. leat thats what I did. Bought an 04 supra launch Jan 1 05 in Tennessee. I live in florida. hah
My humble opinion only. good luck
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-29-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
So i have been looking for financing and not having much luck with credit unions. They dont offer the 12 or 15 years. I looked online and found Key bank. I was just wondering if anyone has gone thru them. Their rates look pretty competitive and the term is more of what im looking for.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-29-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
i used essex credit who went through key bank, so far so good
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Try Citizens Bank out of Flint, MI. Good rates and they will go out 15 years.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-30-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Jayson,

To answer your question. Why are they less expensive. Bling. They concentraited on a great hull and wake for the LSV (06-07)and XLV (04-07) and reliablility to offer a less expensive competitive product. Just now they are stepping up the decor. Who do you know that doesn't want to fix it up and personalize the boat after they get it. Add or replace audio stuff, lights, etc. So they didn't go chrome and billit and saved the buyer a of money. I can say I love skiers choice. Moomba and Supra are good boats like Honda and Lexas are cars. Moomba is getting better every day to compete with all the bling. People want it but it will raise the price. I had a 05 Moomba LSV Mobius and loved it. I just replaced it with the 07 Moomba XLV only because I could afford to step to the higher model now. Both were worry free. Good luck with what you choose and have fun.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-30-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
Moomba, great boat, I looked at the MC and other makes and for the money, warranty, style, options, I went for moomba, got the V drive, fuel injected motor, and slowly added other options on it, just cant ask for a better boat for the money, I am happy and so is the family.
Old     (cougar1)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Here is my 2 cents. At this year's boat show I looked at the 2007 Response LXI for 48K.. then I saw the Moomba.. I loved it. Fully loaded with every single option was like 37k with tax. I was excited. Then I found a 2006 Response LXI promo boat with 99 hours with the same options for $33,600 and decided it was a better purchase. So I backed out of the Moomba.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Check out the below link for a boat I have seen on E bay for about a month or so. I think his reserve is down to 38K but for this time of year it may not be a bad deal. I almost bought it myself until the my 22SS Supra showed up on my search. This boat looks equipped with a lot.

ciao...........Leonard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Moomba-Mobius-LSV-Wakeboard-Boat-LOADED_W0QQitemZ110131473820QQihZ001QQcategoryZ636 86QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
appreciate the input Todd, i may go test drive one soon....
Old     (weeds)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Just had my Mobius LSV delivered a couple of weeks ago and it's great! No complaints what-so-ever. Great boat, great wake, lots of room, living it. There's a lot of great boats out there but for what you get from Skiers Choice compared to others, I think you get a great deal. I did a lot of shopping and Moomba were the best all round deal. Sorry, I wanted to post a pic but don't seem to be able to get it done.
Old     (weeds)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Just had my Mobius LSV delivered a couple of weeks ago and it's great! No complaints what-so-ever. Great boat, great wake, lots of room, living it. There's a lot of great boats out there but for what you get from Skiers Choice compared to others, I think you get a great deal. I did a lot of shopping and Moomba were the best all round deal. Sorry, I wanted to post a pic but don't seem to be able to get it done.