Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
i have been doing backrolls for about 2 years now and have them dialed in perfect. i can go big and land every time. i've decided its time to add the nose grab to it and was hoping to get some advice. i have tried a couple and every time i have missed the grab and then ended up spinning out. any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old    jpbray            05-25-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
i'm in the same situation than you B_Tingey. I can grab my scacrow with a melon, my tantrum and toeside backroll indy but I can't grab my backroll or roll2revert. Would it be easier to grab the roll revert or the backroll and which grab?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
any tips for grabbin your tantrum jean
Old    jpbray            05-25-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
well indy is probably the easiest grab with the tantrum. Just try to tuck when you're flipping and grab indy. Try on the tramp to grab you toes while doing a tantrum is exactly the same thing. I grabbed my third tamtrum and always grabbed it since this time. I have not wakeboard this year because I don't have boat and I have got any invitation yet so I cannot work on new tricks now.
Old    alanp            05-25-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
nose grab may not be the best choice for your first grab. i would try method. if you can do a back roll then you can pretty easily get this grab. once you have initiated your roll take off the front hand and bend your knees. i would try to take it wake to wake first to limit the tension on the rope. after you get the method then you will do pretty easily the nose grab.
Old    alanp            05-25-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
there is a pic of me doing a method backroll in my profile btw.
Old                05-27-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Roll-2-rev= try mute grab
Backroll=indy/stalefish

melon grabbed backroll-2-reverts i think look the best but are harder to get