Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
We are currently providing the Monster Tower in only a polished aluminum finish. We have had many wakeboarders ask if we could provide this in a Black finish, so we are working hard to try to provide Black now as well. Since we are building product for wakeboarders, who better to direct our efforts.

We have a few basic questions: How important is Black, should we offer white and should we provide custom colors???

We have setup 6 check boxes and a submit button for a quick survey on our site. We would sincerely appreciate anyone willing to share their thoughs or hit the survey at http://www.monstertower.com/survey/

We have also started our 2003 Sweepstakes where we will be giving away MP3 Players, CD's, Shirts and the grand prize - a Free Monster Tower. You can just enter in that at our site or the survey will take you there after you hit submit.

I had the painful experience of working for a company once that would develop products in a vacuum and then wonder why people did not really like them- DUH - seems obvious that the people who are using or may need your products are the only ones that could ever tell you what you should be developing.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-23-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
You should definetely be offering them in colors also. I am not sure how the others are getting the color chips for boat manufacturers but a little research should answer that question. Then I would find every powder coater in your area and see who is going to do a great job at a reasonable price based on volume. We have a few in the bay area here, and I used to work with one until recently. Service was prompt, and if there was a flaw they took care of it without any problems. In fact we had just switched over to them and they took care of someone elses work to save us a drive over to the east bay. Customer service does mean everything.

Good luch with your endeavor.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-23-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
White looks cool, love my Toyota tower.
Old    davec            03-24-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
Would prefer mine in white. Use me as a guinea pig Bill!!!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-26-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Thanks to everyone for the great comments.

Long term it's now clear we need at least to add black and white and maybe custom colors. One option would be to provide an unfinished tower but I dont think some people would want to deal with hooking up with a local powder coater (but I could be wrong).

Short term we are trying to add black since it's the color most have requested and with a lot of ski/board boats having black hardware they can not really use a polished tower.

Thanks again and we'll update the site when we get all the details worked out.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com