Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-17-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Im curious to get some feedback how it rides. Im currently riding a Marek nova 141 and I really like the huge pop speed and soft landings but Im really curious about this murray board. How soft does it land compared to a continuous rocker, compared to the marek etc.
thanks
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-17-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine got the murray board after attending his (murray's) school this summer.

i have not tried the marek and i am partial to boards with significant flex ie. slingshot recoil and response

I can say that riding the murray was one of the funnest rides on a stiff board i have had in a while. i got used to it quite rappidly. the pop was probably my favorite thing. sometimes i like to ride my continuous flex board for sppeed and long airs and othertimes i like the recoil for abrupt pop. the murray board was a nice blend of the two and gave a last minute slight kick that felt good. the speed was very nice too and felt fast. But i still like the soft landings and pressability fun of the slingshots. i felt it landed a tad heavier than the slingshot. it felt a difference even more when i pushed it to the flats on a big air.

funny thing was my buddy rode a LF trip before the murray and he says he feels almost no difference between the two. I on the other hand cant stand the trip and fall more on that board than any other board. go figure.

i want to GUESS that the murray will not land quite as soft as the marek just because of the design features. i think i remember comparing stickers on the two boards in the store once and remember a landing meter showing the marek as proforming softer. BUT then again we all seem to feel things differently. some people think slingshots land like bricks, others like grandma's warm apple pie.

Last edited by wakerider111; 11-17-2010 at 6:08 PM.
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-17-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
This board has a lot of pop I didnt notice rough landings like Jeremy stated. Great board overall though
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Mason, if you are looking for a 142. I'm selling a 2010 Nova Core that has been ridden once. It's my buddies board & he prefers the smaller size.
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-18-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
I ride the 2010 murray, and although it took me about 2 weeks to warm up to it, its now my favorite board to ride. I ride it exclusively and my other boards (Marius, Ibex, Mana) have remained in the garage since I have taken such a liking to it. I used to ride the 09 murray (continuous), which was a tad faster than this board, but his new shape has lost nothing in the way of carving, and has increased pop. Its a very predictable board, doesnt want to slam you on edge like say, the ibex, and it has decent tracking while landings are pretty good. But not as good as its continuous predecessor. Its an all around great board IMO.

stephan - how much for the nova 142?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
This board is amazing. I switched out the .8 P wings that come on it with the .85 I wings and it loosened it up more. It's the most fun riding board I've been on since I started riding. I definitely recommend at least giving it a demo, if not just buy it bc you won't be disappointed.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-29-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
I've ridden this new one for about a dozen or so sets in the 2011, 142 Bio version. I came from the 2008-2009 Murray in a 140 which was my favorite board ever (Greg Nelson is the bomb). I hopped on the new one and had the best ride of my life so of course, I like it. I do notice the extra length but it isn't an issue. I'm sure the Nova version is super, super nice. Running a wakeboard school, I do note that many of the students that try the Murray, buy it - many more so than any other board.