Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
Although Zane is one of my closest friends, my thoughts are shared by many others as well. Zane truly deserves the "Legend" award. He is one busy S.O.B. throughout the year and it all has to do with the Wakeboarding. After 7 knee surgeries he still competes at a very high level in competitions. Zane also has been in the sport since the beginning and has stuck with his same sponsors since. He also is the first to help out. Heres an example of one of the hundreds of things he's done. When my daughter had her 8th birthday party, Zane came over and he taught 12 screaming 8 yr old girls to wakeboard that day. It was a day my little girl would not forget. So congrats on the award buddy, its well deserved.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-12-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
I met Zane for the first time a few years ago when the PWT held it's event in Minnesota for the first time in a LONG time. He was super cool, and took a genuine interest in a conversation with some random guy (Me). Great guy, class act. Congrats man!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-12-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Congrats Zane! He just recently help me out with a broken board and getting me in touch with the right people. I emailed him in a whim and surprised he email me back with all the info that I needed. Well deserved "Legend."
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Billy: What is the "Legand" award. Is it like baseballs hall of fame?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-12-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
No Doubt BIG UPS ZANE!!!!!!!!!!1 Sick! I got lessons from Zane in like 1995-6 in Disney World when he was teaching at Sammy Duvalls school. He was amazed that I brought my own board to go ride. Had to carry it all over Disney.

He is THE LEGEND if you ask me, still shred and spreads the stoke!

Check it-

Upload
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
"G" this will explain it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1944
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-12-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
Congrats Zane!
Like everyone else my family was coached by zane. He tought my wife a tantrum and he broke my ankle teaching me wrapped kgb's. He is an awsome person who has a true passion for the sport. Its good to see him get this great recocnition amongst his peeers.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-12-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Congrats Zane, you earned it and deserve it!!
Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do for this great sport.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-12-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Congrats Zane....
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-12-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, i really sincerley hope that I can give back to this sport what it's given to me....I love to ride and I love to see people riding. Keep the sport alive and go teach a friend, they'll be hooked, that's how we grow Wakeboarding!!! Thanks again!!!

Zane
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Congrats...when we're back in Winter Haven I'll buy you a beer, and Billy too... he is a legend to me. (nothing sexual)
Old     (rob_corum)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-12-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
Yea Zane!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-12-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Congrats Zane.

Andy, that picture fricken rules!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Anyone that can do that many boat show's and still have hair has my respect.
Congrat's Zane
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-12-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
Gotta love Zane and his signature trick the C#$k and B@#$s...I mean the Slurpee! I remember when he invented that at boardstock around 97?? Man that makes me feel old.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2008, 3:04 AM Reply   
Hey Andy,

That must the first wakeboard boat in history with a tower! 1995!

Zane, congrats!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-13-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
I remember meeting Zane at Nationals (it think it was 2002 or 2003 maybe). Looking at buying my first boat. Man, he was so laid back and easy going it was like talking to an old friend. It was funny, when we got done talking to him, my wife went on about how down to earth and easy going he was. She thought he was going to have a very successful career as a boat salesman. She didn't believe me when I told her who Zane really was. I had to grab a team poster out of the CWB tent to prove it to her.

Great guy...well deserved.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
Congrats Zane, a great spokesman for the industry and a class act.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-13-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   

"By Tom (laptom) on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 3:04 am:

Hey Andy,

That must the first wakeboard boat in history with a tower! 1995!

Zane, congrats! "

At that Time Zane was trouple shooting towers for Mastercraft. He Got linked up with them from Sammy Duvall. As I recall that boat its a Pro-Star 205 with the ugliest tower you have ever seen. It was a complete box.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-13-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
I remember when Zane got his first XStar with a tower. Everyone thought it was so cool and even had indoor/outdoor box speakers on it, we thought that was incredible. I can remember listening to some old Beastie Boys and having a few cold brews. Zane was even worried I was going to fast in the canals at night that the engine needed breaking in, not at all worried about our safety that we were running 40+ mph in the dark through several skinny canals. Now looking back those towers they look like scafolding of some sort, and its amazing we are still alive today. Lots of things I cant even begin to put on this forum.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-13-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Yes, congrats extended to Zane as well. Just a little story on the class he has: When i first started riding back when iwas about 15 my dealer (before i worked there) would call us up every summer because they would fly Zane in for clinics. I went to Zanes clinics for about 3 years and i learned all of my first big tricks with him. Anyway, some nearly 5 years later after he taught me my backroll and tantrum i see Zane at the Pro Tour stop in Indianapolis. To my suprise when i go up to the autograph table he remembers my name and then comments to his other buddies "i was the one to teach the kid is first backroll" Although he has many greater accomplishments, i was amazed at the fact he remembered my name and what he taught me. Further, when i went to ride with Dave Brisco in Florida some years after this he again commented on the trick he taught me and remembered me. It just amazes me that someone as busy as he who meets so many people in the industry can still manage to keep it on a personal level. He is and always will be the rider i look up to the most.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-13-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I've been reading about Zane since the first WBM mag I picked up. Basically issue one. Thanks Zane the sport is better because of you!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-13-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Billy (woreout)

You Favorite Rider in your Profile is AWSOME! Not to many people outside of MN know about Ralph Samuelson.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-13-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
yeah haha Andy not many people know who Ralph is.
I grew up with a waterskiing family my parents skied at Cypress Gardens in the 60's and i did in the 80's.
When I first met Zane at a party I wanted to beat him up cuz he was this new little spikey haired skier that came on the scene at Cypress Gardens thinking he was some hotshot, and what a hotshot he was. My brother stopped me and said leave him alone he is a pretty cool kid. Now we are great friends.
BTW Andy, which one are you in the picture?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-13-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hahahahah you wanted to beat him up! that's Great! I am the one on the Left, My Little Brother Ryan is the one on the left. I think I was 15 in the picture. That pic is so old.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-13-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
Congrats Zane one of my favorite riders.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-17-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
Thanks again everyone, it's really nice to know that some how this awesome sport that's given so much to me has received some good things back it's way too. Matt Crowe...do you still have that MariStar?

My sincere hope is that we all go out this season and get every friend willing to try and willing to get wet, and get them up on a wakeboard, riding gives so much in self confidence, accomplishment and sheer thrill and exhilartion that we must get as many "NEW" riders out there as we can....the growth of riding depends on it!!!

Thanks again to all who posted and I hope that I can continue to do good things for the sport!!

Zane
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-17-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Zane Schwenk is da man, congrats on this award and on the recent Knoxwake.com award along with Master Craft! It was good seeing you again. Let's Ride!
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-17-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
haha ya zane the x-30 has over 1200hrs and still running strong!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-17-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Zane says, "My sincere hope is that we all go out this season and get every friend willing to try and willing to get wet"

Everytime my wife goes out on the boat with Zane she gets wet !!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Ew.

I'll be there in 48 hours.... Gary's?

I think Will and I will be riding a few times this week/weekend if you're interested.