Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-24-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
This is going to meander but I’m going somewhere with it.

Chris Walker has invited us to add Wakesurfing to the NWL National Championship, a very cool invitation that I jumped at. I’ve been working on rules and divisions with Jeff Walker. I’m a land locked Ohioan, so I have a lot to learn for the west coast surfers. I get that the surf and skim board division is a big deal but I need to see more riders to fully appreciate the issues. We will have separate Open Skim and Open Surf divisions at Nationals.

I also recently surfed a long board for the first time. Since there is a local long board and the owner is willing to bring it out to Nationals I’ve decided to add a long board division to Nationals.

In thinking about the divisions I couldn’t help but think about how the Kokopelli characters fit the divisions. So, I drew up the figure below.

Since this is the first NWL Wakesurf Nationals, I have no idea how many surfers to expect. I printed 120 T-shirts for the Scioto Wakefest; I only have one left. So I’m not sure I want to invest in printing a stack of Nationals T-shirts.

All NWL competitors must receive a NWL branded T or hat. I was going to lean on Chris Walker to provide low cost NWL event T-s. But, I keep thinking that the wakesurf divisions art would make a cool T-shirt. I suppose I could look into printing maybe 20 T-shirts. The first 20 registering could get a limited edition T. Everyone else gets a stock NWL T. What do you think?

Upload
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Sounds good. Where do we register so that we can be in the first 20?
Old    surfdad            07-25-2007, 3:03 AM Reply   
LOLOLOL - Ed, what is up with the cane on the Master's division! :-)

I reallt appreciate that the NWL Nationa;ls will have separate surf and skim divisions at the open level. I firmlt believe this will be where the sport is heading.

I want to sign up NOW for my limited edition T! :-)

Great job on the artwork Ed
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Glad someone got that.

So, First Place for Masters should be a cane, right?
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-25-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Great job on the T-'s Ed. Love the masters pose. I think that you need to add one more just for Jeff. Maybe one with only one lock of hair vs.4, and a seeing eye dog.
Sorry Jeff, you know I'm just kidding.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-25-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Great T-s Ed. I love the masters pose. I think that one more needs to be made just for Jeff. Perhaps with a little (a lot) less hair, and a seeing eye dog.
Sorry Jeff, you know I'm just kidding with you.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Greg, how's this?
Upload
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-25-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
PERFECT !
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
This is too cool.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
How about this expansion?

Upload
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Ahh...can I use one of the characters?
Old    surfdad            07-26-2007, 2:42 AM Reply   
Greg, just stay away from puddgy middle and bad hearing and you're still safe. :-)

Ed, are those glasses on the masters division character? I had to adjust my bifocals to see!!! :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
What do you mean use one of the characters?

Yes, glasses. Couldn't figure out how to add a hearing aid, hmmmm... maybe a horn.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
I just ordered 30 Ts, first come first served.

I’m definitely going to keep and XL for myself

Jeff, I've got you guys down for 3 and 2 for Roy. What size?

There are a few others that have pre-registered I've got them down for Ts too. If you want them you have to pre-register by emailing me at Bigshow1960@Yahoo.com and declaring which division you plan to enter at Nationals (also what size). See this link for more details on Nationals: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/471235.html?1185590288

I have opened the following divisions:
Saturday August 18th
..Men’s
..Women’s
..Youth
..Master’s
..Long Board

Sunday August 19th
..Open Men’s Skim
..Open Women’s Skim
..Open Surf
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
The final art.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-30-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, nice looking T's. We'll need a small (or X-small for Judy) a medium for James and an XL for me, or an L if you run out of XL's :-)

Are you awarding cane's for podium finishes in the masters division? :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-30-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
Got it.

Do you remember the last time you asked for something special at the podium?
Old    surfdad            07-30-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I take it back!!!!!!!!!! Do Overs Do Overs! :-)