Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-04-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I am looking to take a vacation later in the summer and would like to know any recommendations on a waterfront house/cabin/etc vacation rental. I would prefer either the Trinity or Brazos river because of the always great water conditions but am open to any other great riding spots. I do know of Bethy Creek and have heard nothing but great things, but I believe they offer more motel style rooms (sleep 4) and I would like something that could sleep more, has a kitchen and possibly a backyard. I am located in Austin so don't really want anything over a 4 hour drive. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
check out Indian Lodge Resort North of Lake Whitney on the Brazos. They are right on the river and offer, cabins, motel rooms, and they even have a house called the Rio Casa thats really nice. We usually go there for holidays up here.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-04-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
I ride the Trinity almost exclusively but have never been on the Brazos. From what I hear from friends of mine that have been to both places they say that the Trinity is wider, deeper, and has long runs. Bethy Creek is hotel style with 2 queen beds but they DO have kitchen and you can get two rooms with a interior connecting door that you can open to make it all connected.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Brazos is 10 feet low IMO not worth the drive from Austin plus not much to rent on the water
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2013, 6:25 AM Reply   
Check out Lake LBJ near you. There a bunch of rentals with docks around Kingsland. You'll want to be up in one of the river channels to ride.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
Some examples that I have seen outside of what was mentioned above. The lakes on the Guadalupe are fairly small not as busy with the exception of McQueeny. The site that links send you to should help you find just about anything your looking for.

Lake McQueeny in Seguin
http://www.vrbo.com/315806#

Lake Dunlap NB
http://www.vrbo.com/224650

Lake LBJ
http://www.vrbo.com/467936
http://www.vrbo.com/383408#
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-05-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Kimball (Brazos) is pretty low.. I think your best bet is the T or SBR.. perfect conditions.. less gators on the SBR.. LBJ just plain suxs when we were there.. seawall lake and that river section is seawalled, houses and not that long of a run.. I stay on Lake Conroe for the party and tow to the T for the day (45 minute tow) to ride.

Last edited by Pad1Tai; 06-05-2013 at 8:48 AM.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
Go rent a cabin at BSR. One of the best things any rider could do.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       06-05-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
Go ahead and make the drive up to Arkansas and go to Lake Hamilton. We rented a 3BR/3BA cabin up there that will sleep 8 for $725 total for 3 nights. It's a lakefront house, with an outdoor kitchen, and a covered boat dock included in the price. And we got lucky and found one without the stupid high deposit that most of them make you put down. Plus Lake Hamilton has tons of coves to find good water to ride, and if you want a bigger lake, Lake Ouachita us just a couple minutes up the road and is the largest lake in the state at over 40,000 acres.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-02-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the responses. Unfortunately the Brazos is way to low and Bethy Creek is pretty much booked up through the rest of the summer. For those of you who ride the Trinity often, can you provide insight on Outback Campground and Marina (link below). It appears they are located on the north end of Livingston where the Trinity starts. Is this area of the river ridable, etc. Thanks!

http://www.outbackcampground.com/index.html
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-11-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
Connor,
Call and talk to Bethy creek. They have camp grounds as well