Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    stormyboarder            08-23-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
Hey I was wondering if anyone has these bindings because I am planning on buying a pair for next season. Are these bindings comfortable do you reccommend buying them if not what bindings do you reccommend I was also thinking about a hyperlite pair what do you like better hyperlite or LF bindings.
Old    phimple            08-24-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
I have some and I love them, everything everybody says about them being difficult to get on and off to start with is correct. You have to have some sort of lube.
I had real trouble getting them off sometimes, but now I have worn them in and ridden in them some more they are soooo sweet. It was worth all the pain and frustration.

It’s like putting on your favourite slippers yet only tighter and less dog slobber...

Although the dog slobber helps get them on....

Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       08-24-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, exactly what Phimple said. I love mine. I don't need soap anymore to get in anymore unless I'm feeling lazy. Haven't tried the dog slobber lube yet.
Old    giggleboarder            08-24-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
cant dissagree with u both on this. ultras are ultra good and yea, it might be hard to get into them at first, but it will get easier once youve worn them a bit. well, have fun with them- lata
Old     (tonys)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
I love my hyperlites. Tough to get on, and off, but worth the trouble.
Old    lilhills            08-25-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
i hated them, I used lube, had the right size and I couldnt get them off it took 3 people.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-25-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
sounds like a weenie beginner to me.

It takes a special technique.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2003, 8:56 PM Reply   
I am not a weenie beginner and there was definately some grunting going on while I was trying to put them on. I started using a lot of Newt Juice and they are slowly breaking in. Slowly. Mike www.riverratwakeboarding.com
Old    playtime            08-27-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
i like to use any kind of oil like tanning oil it works great a little bit goes along way at least 10 runs when you first get them they AREtight on your feet but after you break them in there great
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-28-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
euh... what was that??? you said tanning oil??? the point of using binding lube is that it disolves instantly in water so you're sucked in during the ride... I know it may helps you to get in and out easily but not during a ride... if you do so you threw 250$ to the trash... you should have got wake sandals...
please stop complaining about not being able to put on and off your brand new 300$ bindings, you're just humiliating yourself... if you don't know how to use high end bindings, stick with beginner stuff...
Old    wicomico            08-28-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
ultras break in quick, mold to YOUR foot nicely. getting in dry is tough (don't try w/ a bad ankle) all the new crap w/ straps and zippers is just more stuff that'll break. get ultras and be stingy, don't share them w/ the neighborhood.
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
was wondering if anybody any info on a moomba outnback lsv? what i should expect to pay for a new one, and if there is anything else i should know before i buy one. also if there is another boat that is i should be considering instead?