Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-12-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
I am looking for advice from any faculty sponsors or club members regarding your schools' policies for risk management.

Our school requires a faculty sponsor to be present at every club activity. We have several students with boats + I have my own boat. I obviously can only be at one place at one time. Do your schools require a sponsor to be present, or simply that the student be a legal adult who signs a consent form that they are undertaking a "high-risk" activity?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
I am/was the president of my schools competitive alpine ski racing club. We have to have a faculty moderator, but nothing to the extent of that person being at the site of all activities. We do sign off on several waivers that dictate that we are no longer under the risk "management" of the school. So essentially yes to your question, you or mommy and daddy have to sign off saying you wont sue.
hope this helps.