Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Has anyone pulled off a double back roll. Is it called something else. I didnt see it on the trick list. Does anyone know of someone who has. ( other than Parks ) The reason I am asking, is My son who is 16, has come very close to landing one this past weekend. I am just wondering how good he is. I personally think he is the best, but that is because he is my son. He has a lot of improvement to do. He can do inverts, but has not added any grabs to them. he can do some of them switch. So where would he rank on the cool factor if he does land it?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-01-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
I know Daniel Watkins and Gerry Nunn do 'em like they're walking out to get the paper.
Old    afxsguy            06-01-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
if your son pulls it off, he's ultra cool in my books haha

i cant even do a single back roll yet. my goal last summer was to land one, and i always get close... but it's just not coming. im able to get decent air, pull some 180s, do grabs, the little stuff... but its so damn hard to do a backroll. then i see kids going out there and pulling them off within the first 10 tries. why couldnt that be me?

anyways, im on the water again in 2 weeks... im gonna land one! my goal this time is to not only learn to do backrolls like im walking out to get the paper, but to do raleys and maybe tantrums too. i have a good 3 months of riding until the season is over.

anyways back to the double back roll. i dont think many can do it, but it is definately possible, and there are even pros out there who dont do them yet. if he pulls them off, throw him in a few competitions, he'll do awsome
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-01-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
There's a sequence shot of parks doing a Double half-cab roll in WBM July on page 133.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
He has my respect.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
Jesse keep it up and you will most likely have it landed this summer. I was one of those kids who you say land it within the first 10 tries but I've done boarding sports all my life. Does your board have fins because I've found its alot easier to land it with fins because you wont slide out as much. Just keep at it because there isnt a better feeling then landing your first invert.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
tell him to work on the 1080 so he can win some money
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-01-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Yea... double back roll is Danial Watkins trick..
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Isn't it Shaun Murray's trick?? I saw him land one at pensacola a few years back. Speed ball is the name i believe
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-01-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Josh Sanders hits the double backrolls, too. The Speedball (double front flip) is exclusive to Shapiro. There's a guy by the name of Joe Greenway who has come damn near riding away from a Temper Tantrum at a few of the local comps.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-01-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
Mike, next time you guys go out film your son and put a video up on the net for us to see.