Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-29-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
Was wondering if anyone is into old film cameras anymore? Or where a good place would be to try and sell one?

I got a Minolta 3000i, 2 batteries, Minolta 50lens, Quantaray 75-300f4-5.6 lens, Quantaray 35-80, 2 rolls of 400speed (1 black and white), also has a 3200i flash (kids dropped that and it lost the little red thing on the front and 1 jack on the inside came unplugged, easy fix I think)

Any suggestions on price or even where to try and sell it...

Thanks for any ideas...I don't know much about cameras...but will do my best...here is a picture

Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-29-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
I sold the same body and flash but with just 1 lens (don't remember exactly which one) on eBay 4 years ago when I got my first DSLR, think I got $150 for it all. suggest ebay or for free listing Craig's list (if you can handle the junk email after a listing there) or the FM buy and sell forum.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-29-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I took my Minolta to Goodwill and just used it as a write off. Using a good tax program, the benefits are pretty big.
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-29-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Yes digital is huge.. but there are still a lot of people shooting film. I'm sure you'll find a buyer.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-29-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thanks...I will try the free stuff first...I didn't figure I would get much...but a small downpayment on the next one will be ok...

Already got my taxes done...maybe I will save it for next year...haha

I figured worse case go on ebay...and put a $50 reserve am hoping for 100...but we will see..
Thanks again
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-29-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
you could always sell it to b&h photo
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
even though i have a dslr i just bought a canon film camera a few months ago for my photo class.theres always a bunch of students searching for cameras for bloack and white photography
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-30-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
You should hold onto your lenses. They will usually work on a DSLR. I know most of the pentax ones I have work on my D as well as film
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-30-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
How do you cross reference the lenses? I know they will fit Minolta but Minolta is not around anymore???
Thanks
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
minolta works on the new sony dslr i believe