Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-10-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
I'm going to be moving to SoCal (more specifically Long Beach) in Sept. for the next year and was hoping that someone in the area needs a 2nd/3rd/whatever?

I have a few friends in the area, but none of them ride anymore; so I'm hoping someone out in that area needs a person (read: doesn't mind another rider) that can ride, pay for gas, and has driven/taken care of their own inboard for 5+ years in Minnesota to tag along for some sets.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2010, 11:20 PM Reply   
you need to make friends w/ canyon lake residents (or those that ride w/ them). otherwise, good luck. i hate to say it, but socal's not the best for wake.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-11-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up Joe! That's kind of what I had figured with there not being to much going on down there.

So the offer/shameless begging is still up if anyone is riding anywhere around socal, I'm down to drive just about anywhere to ride!
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
Ohhh cmon Jooee... don't be a negative nancy. Give us some credit, we're trying! = ( There's still a few of us that hold it down a couple times a week all year round outside of canyon. You mind cold water and early mornings Sinko? We're pretty full up in the summer, but from late october to february its normally just two of us ridin elsinore or long beach with a drysuit and loads of glass.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
oh, i'm not being a "negative nancy" at all....just being realistic. elsinore's usually blown out by 9am, sometimes 8. castaic lake is called "mistake lake" for a reason. long beach gets crowded as well. what's left? the only 2 choices for decent to good water are the elsinore channel, which last i checked, was $40 to use, and canyon lake. i don't know about you, but i hate riding in crappy water.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-11-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Don't mind cold water or early mornings at all! Are we talking cold water as in April lake water here in MN with drysuits (pushin 40*F)?

Ahah, but if you guys ever need a third hit me up anytime through email or PM on here John!
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
yea I knowit Joe... I agree with ya. It is tough around here. but we make it work if youre willing to ride early mornings, cold winters, weekdays, long drives, pay for ski coves & channels, and get to know people at private lakes ; )

haha nah sinko, not 40. we normally obey the 100 degree rule in socal. Hit me up when you get in and we'll try and work ya into the rotation
Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
I will add fuel to this fire. I have posted about half a dozen times and no repsonse. I don't even ask for much - just gas money. I never asked for a wipe down. So I don't know what is wrong in SoCal - but it has been lame this year.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-12-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
maybe cause they know you don't weigh your boat down.

haha! just kidding steve! good luck man.
Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Don't hate - FAT chicks are always welcome on my boat. The bigger the better.
Old     (glassywater09)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-24-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
John has it. Summer is mid week, winter is drysuit. It's there. Don't be bashful about 4am get ups and drives... and you'll get your good water pulls. No problem.
Old     (caucasiancamo)      Join Date: May 2010       08-25-2010, 5:25 AM Reply   
yeah so can i get a pull this weekend in longbeach area or elsinore 3 am is fine with me gas money ride well and wipedown and drive like a pro... i'm rolling in from vegas this weekend and will be spending most my time playing volleyball and catching waves but if a pull is available out there in so cal please hit me up? 714-928-0702 and so cals not bad at all with san diego coming up with a cable park and big bear 2.0 and the good ol stadium marina and elsinore is fine early morn and sometimes late session and silverwood is a great afternoon spot and if your crazy we used to ride the warm water channel in long beach and over by the queen mary is calm being behind the break wall and all... the backwater at canyon has produced the most stylistic riders out so it is hat it is... i'll ride a swimming pool if i had to..

thanks yall
Old     (nickjb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-26-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Man it's good to hear some people are trying to make it happen down here. I moved from nor cal to redondo and have only been out once this summer and its killing me. It certainly does help to have a 9 to 5er tho. Anyway, for anyone who rides on the weekends I'm looking for a pull. Early mornings are fine. Rode year round last winter in sac river so cold water isn't an issue. Can donate gas money, clean boat, drive (have my cap. license), etc. Let me know and ride safe.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Just got done hitting up Perris with Rich and his crew. Thanks again, super fun 'sick' day = ) here's some pics. Like I said, if you don't mind weekdays, you can definately make it happen here in socal.

900am
Attached Images

Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
I don't want to hear "I'm too old to try anything, I just want to stay healthy" from anyone again. Rich, 61 years old still learning new tricks. Inspiring to know I'll still be physically able to ride at that age... You'll get that ts 3 down soon Rich!

Sorry about the cellphone pics...

10/11am
Name:  IMG_1047.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  86.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1046.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  116.8 KB

12/2pm

Still stoked that it's glass out.
Name:  IMG_1068.JPG
Views: 608
Size:  108.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1067.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  76.7 KB

The Crew
Name:  IMG_1058.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  130.0 KB

2/3pm
Finally gets a little windy,
so we resorted to surfing for a bit
Name:  IMG_1069.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  95.8 KB
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-01-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
A little off topic. I spent a few years in the AV (Lancaster) in the eighties. There was a quarry lake just out of Palmdale in the foothills over Peablossom that had deep water but I cant remember ever seeing a boat there. Maybe too small, no power boats or something else. I only went there once or twice. Do you know what I.m talking about?