Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-27-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Don't attack me I'm just passing on some info I received.
http://www.bulletlines.com/Krypt-KMA...-EQ-p/4555.htm
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-27-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Man, If that's not a 420 with a different font and logo????
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-27-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
You beat me to the punch I received the same e-mail get out the popcorn this is going to be good one..............H
Attached Images

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-27-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Nice Job Ken, you've managed to copy somebuddy else again!

When our we going to see an original product out of Ken and Bullet Lines?

I didn't choose Wetsounds for my new system, but if I was running an EQ like this I'd get the real deal from Wetsounds. If we don't support the companies that bring new innovations to market, like Wetsounds, NVS, Liquid Acoustics, etc. etc. then we won't have any new products! Most companies spend thousands and thousands of dollars researching and developing new products before they bring them to market. Without the sales dollars we spend buying from these innovators there is no money for research and we'll be stuck with the same old technology and nothing new will be introduced!

I'm biased, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't like Ken and I don't care who knows!
Old    SamIngram            12-27-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
This is old news... they were out at least a year ago... the threads were posted here and the thread wars ensued.

I think Ken agreed not to sell them at that time.

They even had advertisements in the wakeboarding mags...
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-27-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
By the way Ken has been trying for years to copy and clone the WS-420 I know for a fact he's contacted the factory that makes them for Wetsounds, he tried getting his hand on prints, and has even gone so far as to call Tim White and ask if he'd get mad if he copyied it 100% but just changed the name?

I mean come on? WS-420 and Ken calls his KMA-4200? Whats the extra 0 for? Just call it the CWS-420 (Cloned WS-420)
Old    SamIngram            12-27-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
I found it... 4/10/2009

Old Thread from 4/10/2009
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-27-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
I'll stick with the company that provides the best product and the best possible customer service to back it up......
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
It's totally different it has a front input jack!
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
"Me and the McDonald's people, we've got this little misunderstanding.
See, they're ''McDonald's''. I'm ''McDowell's''.
They've got the golden arches. Mine are the golden arcs.
They've got the Big Mac. I've got the Big Mick.
We both got two all-beef patties, sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions.
But they use a sesame seed bun. My buns have no seeds."
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-27-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
It looks to be the same one from the previous thread. How different does he need to make it look? Most of the equalizers I have seen look pretty damn similar don't they?

Here is another "420" branded equalizer LOL The Pyle PLE420!

http://www.buy.com/prod/pyle-ple-420.../90135213.html

I do understand what your saying Mitchell but most of the HLCD's out there look pretty damn similar as well at least the basic elements are the same. Horn tweeter, compression driver, encloser, done. If a company wanted to make an equalizer for a boat that controlled two different zones, i.e. tower and boat then how else would they do it? Two rows of knobs?

Of course this one seems like it's supposed to compete with Wetsounds and yes it looks damn similar. I just don't know house else they would make it look "that" different.

Wetsounds more than likely came out to compete with NVS (or the other way around I don't know) and Bullet came out to compete with them and so on.

I don't know I guess I just don't see it as that big of a deal. It was inevitable.

Disclaimer; Yes I have bought Krypt Audio products so I may be a little biased.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
Why does the knock off have the exact same output and input on the back as the WS and a input on front, does it have two inputs or did he forget to photo shop the one on the back off of the image when he was photo shopping his image onto the image of the WS eq?

Maybe because the pyle eq does not look EXACTLY like the WS, they took the time to design their own version because they are a true audio company, no a hack hunting down another companies manufacture and trying to back door a copy of their product.

Let’s also not forget that WS won an award at CES in 2008 for most innovative product for the WS420.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qa17NpeHI
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
As much as I dislike this type of business, it happens all the time with many products. The WS-420 won at CES in 08..that means it is going on 4 years old and that is a long time in the electronics world. Im sure WS has got their money out of the design and are working on something better. companies like bulletlines will always be a step behind companies like WS, but if they can make the same thing for less, more power to them.
Old    mojo            12-27-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Ken belongs in china where intellectual property and knock offs are common place. Love the coming to America reference. I'd always support innovation over copies.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-27-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
Clearly Ken/Bulletlines specifically targeted the WetSounds WS420 EQ.Why? a.) Because they hold the most mindshare in this category and that makes it easy to siphon off a little share. b.) Ken knows next to zero about audio and depending on an Asian builder for a direct copy eleviates any degree of design work on his part.
Not a single innovation or improvement from the original award-winning product. This kind of blatant knock-off is not commonplace in business because real businesses are a little more concerned with their image. They at least disquise the copy with a new twist or two of their own. Its the same copycat approach that he took with Bullet HLCD speakers. Not even an attempt to change the slightest detail. Same thing as representing Grant's fiberglass work as his own. Shameless.
Has anybody seen the junk 'Rockwood' amplifiers that boast big power? Purely flea market goods imported by bottom feeders.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-27-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
They both look alot like this one.
Attached Images

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-27-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
I think David hit it right on the head! The fact its a blatant knock off is what is so disturbing. If he designed an EQ that did the same exact thing the WS-420 did in a different way. Different knob configuration, different shape added or changed a thing or two that would be fine. Even if he took the same basic design and improved upoun it in a way Wetsounds hasn't. But he did nothing but copy it. Yea its got one extra plug in the front and a different part number. Big Wahoo. If he would have added speed compensated volume control or a fm transmitter something to one up and push the design of the EQ's we'd be appluading him for bringing something new to market. Instead we are laughing at a poor excuse of a chinese knock off!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-27-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
So which came first, the Kicker or WS-420? I agree with Nu Bu, they both look similar. Maybe the Bullet is a copy of the Kicker, maybe the WS is a copy of the kicker.

And everyone bashing the Chinese construction, does this mean that WS is made in the US?
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-27-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
How many of us take generic drugs? If there is no patent or it expired then it's a free for all and we all have choices. You get what you pay for. My.05 worth

Disclaimer I have ws and krypt gear
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-27-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So which came first, the Kicker or WS-420? I agree with Nu Bu, they both look similar. Maybe the Bullet is a copy of the Kicker, maybe the WS is a copy of the kicker.

And everyone bashing the Chinese construction, does this mean that WS is made in the US?
I believe the Kicker KQ5 came before the WS-420, but they share little in function. The Kicker is geared more toward car audio and the WS-420 is geared for boats with tower speakers and subs along with in-boats. The Kicker and the Wet Sounds are just similar looking in shape and size, have some shared functions, but neither is a knock-off of the other. The product in this thread on the other hand.......................
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-27-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
For all those trying to compare the Kicker to Wet Sounds EQ...it is not really a comparison other than cosmetic.

The Kicker is a single zone EQ and the WS is a dual zone EQ.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-27-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
How many of us take generic drugs? If there is no patent or it expired then it's a free for all and we all have choices. You get what you pay for. My.05 worth

Disclaimer I have ws and krypt gear
generic drug makers make no bones about it. They do not claim to have reinvented the wheel.

Like when someone claimed to have spent hundreds of hours on R & D on some proprietary underwater LEDS, and it didnt take someone else on WW a few hours on the internet to find the importer and arrange for a buy. So much for original.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-27-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
For all those trying to compare the Kicker to Wet Sounds EQ...it is not really a comparison other than cosmetic.

The Kicker is a single zone EQ and the WS is a dual zone EQ.
Yeah no doubt, that's why I said "Look like".
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-27-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
OMG, I had completely forgotten about the underwater LED fiasco. Chaulk up one more misrepresentation. Is there any end to it?
An EQ with a built-in line driver has been a magnet for technical support issues, particularly for the novice doing his own install. I wonder who will support the Krypt EQ when there is noise? I doubt the same crew will jump in with generous assistance as with other brands. Good luck with Krypt. I also can't wait to see what the actual signal to noise ratio will be on the Krypt if its that cheap to build. Maybe its passes. HLCDs are a mighty tough customer when it comes to noise.
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-27-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
stop makin this stuff in china and people like Ken can't buy off the importers....
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
"stop makin this stuff in china" ..... ha ha ha good luck with that one!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-27-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
I knew when I started this thread I could just sit back and eat popcorn for several days. Just stirring the pot.
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-27-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
"ha ha ha good luck with that one"

exactly my point

popcorn does taste good. Maybe Lon could comment on Ken... LOL
Old    SamIngram            12-28-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
stop makin this stuff in china and people like Ken can't buy off the importers....
If we stop buying stuff from China nothing will be made there...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-28-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Yeah it is not the first time you have posted about Krpyt Audio.

Makes me wonder what your agenda is???
Old    SamIngram            12-28-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

Please identify who that comment is directed at...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-28-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Not you Sam.

The OP - "the pot stirrer"
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-28-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:

No agenda. I actually have krypt hlcd's. I just think it is funny how these threads always turn so negative. All I had to do was post a link and the mud slinging begins.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-28-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Maybe someone was just wanting to pass along the info?

It's one thing to be satisfied with a product and publicly share your experience and another to bash a person for buying something comparable (or maybe even a knockoff) and trying to save a few bucks.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-28-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
I see no agenda here by anyone, just opinons being voiced on a public forum $.02

That add seems to have been sent out to lots of krapt customers. It's been passed along on almost all the tow boat forums.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-28-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

Wake77-

The current iteration of the Kicker KQ5 was introduced in 2003. That gets you the time-line. Kicker has been making signal processors for a long time.

Informationally:
The KQ5 is a 5-band quasi-parametric EQ. For each of the 5 sets of concentric knobs you can select a center frequency, and the amount of boost or cut for each band.

The KQ5 is not fully parametric as the "Q" of each band is fixed. A true parametric EQ has the ability to adjust the center frequency, the Q, and the boost/cut for each band provided, (the "Q" defines the width or narrowness in range of frequency for which you are applying correction or adjustment). Due to the adjustability of the center frequency of each of the 5 bands, fewer bands are needed when compared with a graphic equalizer. A true parametric EQ with Q adjustment is a lot easier to "screw up" in the hands of someone unfamiliar with a parametric EQ, so the Q control is left off of the KQ5.

A graphic EQ gets its name from the fact that sliders are used for each of the bands, providing a visual indication of the "shape" of the EQ "curve" applied. If I am not mistaken, the WS and the clone discussed here are not true parametrics as their center frequency for each of the 5 knobs pairs is fixed, similar to a graphic EQ, but use knobs instead of sliders.

The KQ5 has a fader, so one could infer it is quasi-dual zone. The only difference between a typical fader and a dual zone control is that a dual zone controller has two knobs connected to two separate potentiometers, as opposed to a single knob for a fader driving a pair of ganged potentiometers. Other than that the dual zone control and a fader are very similar electrically. While intuitively and electrically similar, the main difference is that for a dual zone control, both zones can be turned totally off; something the KQ5's fader cannot do.

The KQ5 has one EQ for both outputs, (front and rear). The KQ5 has no talk-back mic. Kicker engineers designed the KQ5. It is built in Asia.

Since the KQ5 came up, I thought I would jump in and share quickly what it does, and how it does it.

FYI-

Phil
Kicker

Last edited by philwsailz; 12-28-2010 at 9:00 AM.
Old    mojo            12-28-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Got their email last night and replied with " quit selling knock offs"
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-28-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
Phil, thanks for yet again providing a post with some integrity. Apparently some are not accustomed to reviewing ˝ DIN EQ’s and distinguishing between the visual similarities they all have.
The posts above provide some interesting perspectives, some viewed from a Consumers point of view, others from a Moral perspective.
As a consumer like all of you yet a manufacturer of audio equipment I try to keep both perspectives in view. I think this case of the “Designer” vs “Rebranded” EQ is a classic in today’s business.
We really need only consider only 3 perspectives in this case:
1) Designer company
2) Rebranding company
3) Consumer.
The consumer is King in most cases and could care less what R&D costs the designer company incurred. If the Rebranding company can provide the same quality (perceived to be the same manufacturer in this case) and warranty (likely just replace the U$50 item (or less)), then why would the masses choose the Designer company product?
The Rebranding company may even be making more margin then the Designer company! e.g. If the Designer company sales are largely to dealers/resellers at a reduction of 40% from MSRP and the Rebranding company is largely Retail at his full MSRP albeit $100 less then the Designer company MSRP, Rebranded is likely making more profit! (you should be asking for at least a $20 discount from Rebranded)
As a manufacturer I don’t like it but this is Global Business 101 and is not anything new.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-29-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Then why are there "exponentially" more Wet Sounds EQ's on the market verses Krypt EQ's on the market?

I care about the R&D. I remember the original WS 420's that came out - the line voltage was really hot. WS recognized the problem and made changes to the adjustment level on the line voltage on the EQ.

Yes the consumer is King - and the King has chosen Wet Sounds EQ over and over and over. Krypt's EQ has been around since early 2009, I have yet to ever see one on boat at Lake Travis in Austin, TX or Lake Lewisville in Dallas, TX. Ken Land is located in the middle of those two lakes.

How you spend your money says a lot about your personality and character - I have no problem paying extra for quality, reputation and supporting a good honest company. Others may not care about any of that and just want to pay bottom dollar. I am not saying that it wrong. In the end, you get what you pay for!!!!

btw...I did some gelcoat work over the winter and would post it up but don't want my pic's and hard work to be used for a "lazy man's" financial gain. That whole fiasco was freakin Joke - creditablity KILLER.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-29-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
EQ has been around since early 2009, I have yet to ever see one on boat at Lake Travis in Austin, TX or Lake Lewisville in Dallas, TX. Ken Land is located in the middle of those two lakes.
Not defending anyone but just wanted to say that as far as I know the Krypt EQ's have not been for sale until now. The link I posted is for a pre order.
Old    SamIngram            12-29-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
Not defending anyone but just wanted to say that as far as I know the Krypt EQ's have not been for sale until now. The link I posted is for a pre order.
Correct!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletlines View Post
I'll chime in about the KMA-4200.. We moved forward on a prototype that did not perform the way we expected (tested this week), so we are now back to the drawing board on this EQ.. However, we have already started a rebuild that will have more features than the KMA-4200: I'll leave it a surprise. Monday I'll be taking down the introductory offer: for those of you that like to read into things; it absolutely has nothing to do with any intellectual property rights.

Krypt Marine Audio will launch end of summer or fall with a complete line of high quality marine audio products that will be second to none. Our line will consist of the EQ, class H mini amplifiers, 8" and 6.5" HLCD speakers, 6.5" in-boat speakers, 10" subs, 12" subs, and 12" pro audio subs. Everything will be of the highest quality, and best part of all it will be 30% - 50% cheaper than anything similar.

BTW - Our KMA-4200 in design right now will have an introductery offer of $150.00 with retail of $200.00

Krypt Towers and Krypt Marine Audio are both Bullet Lines' companies.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

(Message edited by bulletlines on April 10, 2009)

(Message edited by bulletlines on April 10, 2009)
Old    sicaudio            12-29-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
David from earmark knows all about copying something just ask him about his polk audio copys he is trying to make. Un tell he pays me my 150 that he took from me I will never trust anything he says. He is all about his money.

On another note if it works then use it. Everyone has there brand
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-29-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicaudio View Post
David from earmark knows all about copying something just ask him about his polk audio copys he is trying to make. Un tell he pays me my 150 that he took from me I will never trust anything he says. He is all about his money.

I would like to hear David's side of this. I have spoken with him a few times and followed plenty of his threads. I get the impression he is an absolute standup person and businessman.
Old    SamIngram            12-29-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hmm.... some guy with "sicaudio" in his name is talking about an audio guy on a forum...

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-29-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
Hmm.... some guy with "sicaudio" in his name is talking about an audio guy on a forum...

Looking at his website his claim to fame is marketing a stereo package you can install in a cooler. It is a Sick Cooler.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-29-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:

Jared, I got your PM. I am not sure if you have your inbox turned off or something because I can view your message but can't figure out how to reply to it or even send you a PM.

Maybe I am just confused by your original post. So are you talking about Ken in most of that post and that he is the one who is copying/copied the Polk speakers and ripped off $150 from you? If that is then sorry for the miscommunication. I thiought you were directing the entire post at David.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-29-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Wow, that's surprising. In another Wakeworld thread he just dropped Earmark's name to bring credibility to his own business. This is an ex-employee. A customer's seat was damaged. I spotted it personally and told him personally to get it fixed. Bottom line is he made no effort to get it fixed and let the job roll with the damage intact. The cost of the repair ($150) was deducted out of his final check according to a signed agreement. I'm a hardas* when it comes to protecting customer property and do not compromise. So without a judgement he is making false statements. I will immediately sent out a registered letter with teeth behind it and if he has any sense he will cease this. So much for his introduction on Wakeworld and chances of attracting customers. Can't imagine why he would raise an issue that is such a bad reflection on him? Crazy, I know. A sincere "Sorry" on my part for being connected to this.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-29-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Oh, I almost forgot that we do import tower speaker pods, underwater lights, LED products, halogen lights, etc. And we have absolutely entertained building and importing an in-boat speaker that would come in at an entry level price similar to the popular Polk dB series. That is the only association. Just a reference. Just a target price point. If we can't come with a better product then it won't happen. And honestly its not that easy to do in that they make a pretty good product. As for a copy there is NO WAY. We would definitely have our own identity and differentiation. But don't wait up for it. We discuss alot of products and I do consulting with several manufactures. And I've had open conversations about this with all of my primary vendors as to not create a conflict. To overhear a topic of conversation and distort it into this is, well .... no comment.

David
Earmark Marine
Old    sicaudio            12-29-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
O david the guy that you call a supervisor told you i didn't do it but you still took money form me. so do what you haft to but I'm not moving I'm right your wrong.
I know more stuff about earmark marine then he thinks and only time will tell. over priced thats david.

Guys just ask any dealer in dfw about david and they tell you the same stuff about him.

and I'm just here to help....
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Jared-

Nice youtube video with that dope ass sic completely functionless sic cooler sic stereo.
I sure hope your finger tattoos don't have as many misspellings as your posts and website do.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-29-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
I think somebody just pee'd in his own sandbox...
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-29-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
WOW I can't believe this? A disgruntled ex-employee is mad at his former employer? Can it be true?

David--I like that you stood up for the customers damaged car! Top notch David way to respect a customers car. I probably would have handled it a little different as I have with employees in this situation. I would have given him the $150 with a swift kick in the butt on his way out the door!

The only problem in this situation is I'm sure you didn't witness him damage the car even though I'm sure your 99% if not 100% positive he did. I'm also sure this wasn't the only reason you let him go but the straw that broke the camels back. I'm not sure how the laws work out there or if he was a sub contractor doing installs for you but out here I can't withhold pay for accidental damages one of my employees caused. Even though I'd like too sometimes! lol

Jared-- Not the best way to try winning the hearts and dollars of fellow Wakeworlders by bashing a frequent contributor and poster. I have done business with David on a few occasions and he has always been stand up with me. Even going so far as to warn me of an upcoming sale when I wanted to order speakers telling me to wait 2 weeks because the manufacturer was going to lower the price. David has always been the first to offer tips and advice when i was planning on purchasing a product he didn't carry and where he had no finical gain. You could learn allot following Davids example, but I guess as a former employee you didn't pay too much attention to the boss in the first place and thats why your a former employee! I wish you luck in your ventures. It seems from your website your ambitious, just try not to burn to many bridges and piss to many people off or you'll have no market to sell to!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-29-2010, 11:28 PM Reply   
BTW Jared-- Your working on getting kicked off here real quick! I looked at some of your other posts in last 2 days and your soliciting for work and money and have your phone number and website listed in every post! Look how David from Earmark or Duane from NVS or Phil from Kicker posted. They didn't say buy this and have me install it or buy a different one and I'll install it. All your other posts are like that. We respect the posts we see from Dave, Duane and Phil and believe me if someone wanted to contact them because they've been so helpful on here we'd shoot them a PM or find them on the Internet with google! If thats not how you want to act and participate in here I might suggest you hook up with Ken over there at bullet lines I think you'd fit right in!
Old    sicaudio            12-30-2010, 12:51 AM Reply   
O **** takeing a lot of heat for one post. Well just so u guys know I quit before he keep my money that was two weeks before I quit and he never said anything tell I quit . Also I quit because the way he pays is 1500 base and if u don't make that he will pay u 1500 but after that u owe him back so say u make 1000 he will pay u 1500 but u owe him 500 next check . Not good when there slow .

By the way David doesn't even wright his own post odin does it for him. He's not who u think I'm telling u but what ever everything he does on here is for money not to help but what ever .
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-30-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
Jared - welcome to the the real world.

1.) The commission structure you called is a draw. Many professionals in the sales world use this type of comp plan. You are lucky that you even had some support with the $1,500. I have worked sales jobs where you do get any base salary or draw....you strictly get paid on what you sell. Most all business's have slow months - the quality salesman still finds a way to still bring in the dollars during those months.

2.) Duh....the end result David is looking for by being on wakeworld is to bring in more customers to his Earmark Store and Website. You are wrong, he does help our members out to a pretty good extent with free info. I think his business model works.

3.) Ok, yeah right....Odin types all of the posts....come on. I am sure that both Odin and Dave contribute to the forum. I would imagine that David does not have time to be always responding to posts when he is having to deal with a whiny, immature employee or ex employee.

Isn't there a forum in Arkansas that you can post on. I think that your demographic is a bit off. We are boat owners who already have built in coolers in our boats with systems far extensive of a clarion head unit, some polk speakers and a power bass (never even heard of them). Maybe and RV or trailer park forum would get you more business....pls change your tact soon - or you will be quickly out of business.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-30-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Sorry, I would have responded sooner but Odin wasn't available until now to type my post.
Old    SamIngram            12-30-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
O **** takeing a lot of heat for one post. Well just so u guys know I quit before he keep my money that was two weeks before I quit and he never said anything tell I quit . Also I quit because the way he pays is 1500 base and if u don't make that he will pay u 1500 but after that u owe him back so say u make 1000 he will pay u 1500 but u owe him 500 next check . Not good when there slow .

By the way David doesn't even wright his own post odin does it for him. He's not who u think I'm telling u but what ever everything he does on here is for money not to help but what ever .
I feel sorry for this guy. He is destined to live a life of torment, a life full of menial jobs, and will probably end up turning to crime when nothing else works for him. In addition to all those things he reportedly has tattoos on his hands, which are not typically accepted in society, compounding all his problems.

Sicaudio, stop screwing around on the internet, go back to school, learn a trade, and take care of business, the business of yourself.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-30-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
I'm not going to get involved with this pissing match other than to say...

Dude learn to spell! Can't even understand half of what you're trying to say! Sorry to bust your nuts but hey...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-30-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
I saw one of his other posts in the audio forum.

I need to replace my 6.5 interior OEM jvc malibu boat speakers. I have no idea which brand is best. Looking at wet sounds. What other brands are good?

skibumdan

(sicaudio) Join Date: Oct 2010 Yesterday, 8:00 AM Reply Quick Reply
Polk audio db6.5 are better then wet sounds
What products we carry
JVC
Polk Audio
T view
Auto Page
Spl
Rosen
Planet Audio
Dynamat
Omega
Tsunami
Clarion
Power bass
Power Acoustik
Kenwood
Sony

A great line from his website

Sic audio & accessories"Car audio, marine audio, and ice chest radio's are my specialty"

Another

"I have 8 years of expirence working with marine audio. Over the years, i have seen many marine audio products come and go. This is why i only carry the products that i have found to be top notch."
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-30-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:

Apparently you "wright" "ur" own posts don't "u"? I suggest before you continue any further on your posts you pick up a dictionary and the book "English for Dummies". You really are a dummy!

David is top notch, we all know this. Personally David has been amazing to deal with on my warranty issues and he even has walked me thought my amp reinstall. The best part about my dealings with David is he took my call on his personal cell during non-business hours! How’s that for customer service!
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-30-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:

"Un tell" FTW man, spell check, dictionary, perhaps you should get Odin to help you out with your posts as well . I think it has become really apparent to everyone why David punted your sorry ass. I checked out your site, not bad for a rookie but I can’t imagine you will be getting much business after your posts on this forum. Good luck
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-31-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Dave have you been keeping this massive seceret from us WW members the whole time? That you employed Lon? The posts from sicaudio sure seem to resemble Lons posts from before.

Does sicaudio drive a hummer?
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-03-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsairwarrior View Post
Phil, thanks for yet again providing a post with some integrity. Apparently some are not accustomed to reviewing ˝ DIN EQ’s and distinguishing between the visual similarities they all have.
The posts above provide some interesting perspectives, some viewed from a Consumers point of view, others from a Moral perspective.
As a consumer like all of you yet a manufacturer of audio equipment I try to keep both perspectives in view. I think this case of the “Designer” vs “Rebranded” EQ is a classic in today’s business.
We really need only consider only 3 perspectives in this case:
1) Designer company
2) Rebranding company
3) Consumer.
The consumer is King in most cases and could care less what R&D costs the designer company incurred. If the Rebranding company can provide the same quality (perceived to be the same manufacturer in this case) and warranty (likely just replace the U$50 item (or less)), then why would the masses choose the Designer company product?
The Rebranding company may even be making more margin then the Designer company! e.g. If the Designer company sales are largely to dealers/resellers at a reduction of 40% from MSRP and the Rebranding company is largely Retail at his full MSRP albeit $100 less then the Designer company MSRP, Rebranded is likely making more profit! (you should be asking for at least a $20 discount from Rebranded)
As a manufacturer I don’t like it but this is Global Business 101 and is not anything new.
Duane brings up some good points on the subject. What would you say the actual cost is for one of the EQ's? I realize people say that an iphone cost only about $100 to make but I wonder what the cost is that goes into an EQ? Would tooling costs be that much to set up for one of these since they are the same dimensions as most 1/2 dim units? Just wondering what you might think Duane. Have always love your designs and ideas especially the 10" HCD with the clearance of an 8"!

Also speaking of rebranded and designer and this might have already been covered in another post but are the Wetsounds/Arc/Roswell amps similar in most fashion or are they different? The wetsounds/arc definitely look similar and the Roswell has similar specs. If this has already been covered please ignore.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-03-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Its common knowledge that Arc Audio is the OE manufacturer for WetSounds amplifiers.
However, the Roswell is using the smaller platform that is used on the Micro. Great for an ATV, UTV or tight little two-seater sports car. You might get by with these in the boat with coaxials and a light sub. Definitely not the power supply to support an HLCD speaker on the tower. So don't confuse the Roswell with the WetSounds SYN 1, 2, 4& 6 models. The only thing they have in common performance wise is the G/H topology. That is why WetSounds only offers the SYN Micro in a 2-channel amplifier as its just a supplemental amplifier to run bow speakers.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-03-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
Cool, I did not know about the Arc audio/Wetsounds "common" knowledge. So is Arc basically the OE supplier for the "micro" series amps as well?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-03-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yes, as it pertains to WetSounds, although these amplifiers have WetSounds' own signature on them such as stainless steel shrouds, conformal coating and various other mods.
However, while the Roswell and some other amplifiers share the same basic power supply platform as the smaller Micro you can tell that the Roswell has much cheaper barrier strips and appointments.
So just because they may originate out of the same plant somewhere in Asia doesn't mean that they have much else in common. The upper and lower lines of GM, Ford and Chrysler share many of the same international parts suppliers but they are very different cars. We are reading too much into the fact that different companies are adopting Class G/H. In fact it is mostly WetSounds that has popularized this technology. How many on here talked about Class G/H before the advent of WetSounds amplifiers? How much discussion was there about Arc Audio amplifiers on here prior to WetSounds?

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-03-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
What are your thoughts on the G/H technology David?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-03-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
I'm a major proponent of any class of amplifier, whether G/H or fullrange D, that provides increased efficiency. Less heat generation and less wasted supply. Less voltage sag and more dynamics when you are driving your system. Shallower cycles on your batteries while at rest resulting in longer battery lifespan. More play time at rest. Less need for as many or as large of batteries and less strain on your alternator from deeply discharged batteries. Low voltage isn't particularly friendly to your boat electronics either. If you apply the design principles that increase your system efficiency throughout, you would be surprised at the difference in sound quality and dynamic range. I am positive that you can do more with half the power if you follow the right prescription.
We didn't have the speed in microprocessors and switching devices in the previous century to execute these technologies in fullrange audio products but its 2011 and we should get with the current program.

David
Earmark Marine

Last edited by david_e_m; 01-03-2011 at 8:09 PM.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-04-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:

That's called a draw you moron. Welcome to the real world.

PS: Learn how to spell.

EDIT: I responded before I read the rest of the replies, stating exactly what I said, LOL.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
David, which do you feel are better? The G/H or the full range class D amps? Available area to install amplifiers being a factor would the "mini" style amplifiers be sufficient to drive an HLCD tower set up? As far as I can find the G/H amplifiers available come from either Wetsounds, Arc, Roswell and Krypt. Is Arc audio the OE for the Krypts amplifiers as well or are they more similar to the Roswells?

The only other one I have been looking at are the full range Class D amps from Kicker. Any opinion on those?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-27-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
HA! Know kens got ahold of some new amps. They must be done by ARC since they are clones of a couple of their amps save for the fact that they are marine amps.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
Well if I were going to buy an off-brand arc mini clone, I'd get the vibe litebox (at less than half the cost of the krypt offering) instead: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-LiteBox4.html
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
David, I realize you kind of answered that question already saying the mini chassis is not on the same level as the bigger ones. I am just a little limited on space as where I might try to fit the amps thats all.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
id like to stick LON and sicaudio in the same boat for a day lmao!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-27-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
J Brenner,
Do you realize how small a WetSounds Syn2 is? 700 watts and doesn't break a sweat into 2-ohms.
The smaller platform or micro-mini Class G/H amplifiers are not going to run a pair of tower HLCDs, I can assure you of that.
If you have to get really, really small the JL Audio XD400/4 bridged will do a great job on a single pair of HLCDs but will not expand to two pair. The JL Audio HD750/1 will run two pair of just about any HLCDs.
We're an authorized on-line dealer for both products. Both products have the nads to do the job and both are highly efficient which I can't place enough emphasis on.
You should contact me directly to get into specifics.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-28-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
lol, is it summer yet?!

deja vu
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-01-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
So the jl audio 750/1 is not just a subwoofer amp, it will also run mids and highs?
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-01-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yes, this from the JL website.

HD750/1 Class D Monoblock Full-Range Amplifier Features:

HD750/1

Description: Class D Monoblock Full-Range Amplifier
Patented Technology: Class D, switching type with patented Single-Cycle Control™ technology. (U.S. Patent #6,084,450*)
Inputs: 1 pair of inputs
On-board Crossover: State-variable, 12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley, Low-Pass or High-Pass
Preamp Output: 2-channel, buffered pass-through type
Infrasonic Filter: 24dB/octave fixed cutoff of 30 Hz, defeatable
Output Polarity Reversal: Normal or Reversed, via switch
Dual mono speaker output connections: Accept up to 12 AWG wire
+12V and Ground connections: Accept up to 4 AWG wire
Notes: R.I.P.S. Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply, RealSink™ Heat-Management System,
*Patented technology used under exclusive license for mobile audio from PowerPhysics, Inc. - Newport Beach, CA
Old     (cibolasam)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-02-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
I have 2 Pro 60s, and 2 Pro 80s. How would I configure this amp to run this setup?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-02-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
Sam,
The JL Audio HD750/1 is a favorite of mine for tower speakers. It's fullrange out to 20 kHz. Its regulated so that it delivers full power even at lower voltages. It delivers its full power at any load from 1.5 to 4-ohms. And, its highly efficient.
You can series the two left speakers and series the two right speakers and parallel the two sides for a resulting 4-ohm load and get a total of 750 conservative watts or a little more.
Stereo separation or imaging is a total non-issue on a tower. So a monoblock works perfectly.
The only concern that I have is when mixing dissimilar speakers. The power handling and midbass extension is different for a 6.5 and 8-inch speaker. I wish you had four Pro80s instead.
You might consider bridging two JL Audio XD400/4 amplifiers into four total channels (4x200 watts). This way you can independently adjust the gain and crossovers to get the most out of your speakers.
Two WetSounds Syn2s would accomplish the same task at a little higher cost but with a little more headroom over a bridged scenerio. Again, it would be most ideal to have four symmetrical speakers.

David
Earmark Marine