Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       11-11-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Anyone got a svfara?
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       11-12-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
wow, what were their sales last year and where are their dealers located
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
The have, or had a dealer in Disco Bay. Other than that, I don't know. I know in past years, there sales were aways one of the bottom.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-12-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
They have or had a dealer in Thousand Oaks. Looked at them once just to see and wasnt very impressed.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
WW did a good job of putting together a report on the numbers. take a look.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=419
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
2 in the first half of 05....They better step it up if they plan on being around long.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-13-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
I think I read somewhere in this forum that their hull is similar to an old MC.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-13-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yes I own one. See profile. Lemme know if you have any questions about them

Trash
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-13-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
MB had a few old MC hulls
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-13-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Trash-
how's the wake on those things. I was reading an article in waterskimag.com and they were really impressed with the wake. Got any pictures?
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-13-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I'd have to take a look, but I don't think I have any wake-specific pictures. I also ride behind a MC X-7 so I can compare those two.

Svfara's wake on the SV609 is very rampy. I find I have to work to get a nice pop off of it. We usually sack it down with 500lbs in the trunk and 250 in the bow area. This curls the wake a bit and makes it a bit steeper.

The X7 seems to naturally have a curl to the wake, and when sacked down is nicer than my Svfara. That said, I'm not dissing the wake on my boat at all. Some people prefer my wake over the X7. Me, I'd rather have the X7 wake. But, I paid 18000 less than my wife's uncles X7 (both were bought new and both are 2002 model years).

I have some issues with the build quality, but that may be because mine was one of the first ones off the line. 2002 was the first model year. For newer ones, YMMV.

Trash
Old    kvanderg            11-25-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of a 2005 Svfara SV696 I water tested around Kelowna BC. I didn't get to go for a pull as it was getting late. The pics are full factory ballast (+/-1000lbs) with 5 people in the boat at +/-21MPH. The boat wasn't for me for many reasons I wont go into... but the wake looked decent.

Thats all I know... here are the pics:
UploadUploadUploadUpload
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-25-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
in waterski mag there is an interesting review of a center-mounted V-drive ski boat they make, check the boat reviews.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-25-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
One of there hulls is a MC PS 190/195/Sportstar.(1995-2001) They made a plug and started producing boats. That hull w/ the MERCRUSIER actually failed AWSA testing and was to slow.

They are AWESOME looking boats thats for sure. Just concerned that all there boats are duplicates of others. The SLALOM boat is from Infinity/Rob Shirley the one looks like a BU and the other is from MC. The tower looks like a BU copy as does the interior...good looking but time will tell. Probably very very pricy with the difference in the Canadian vs. the US dollar
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-26-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
TK more expensive with the difference in the cdn vs U.S. dollar? The Canadian dollar is discounted compared to the U.S. dollar.

I flew up to Kelowna last month with my buddy who was looking to add them into his shop for next year. I'll just say I don't think these boats are for everyone. None of the hulls were purchased from MC or anyone else. I'll end that rumor right now.

From what I could see these are super put together boats and all of them had very nice rampy wakes. The SV696 is pretty much like identical to the Malibu XTI. With one difference. The SVFARA took the layout and improved everything about the boat compared to the Malibu. I think that's my buddies concern though, he'd never sell another XTI if the SVARA is on the same lot. Their V-drive configuration was a a big disapointment to me though. It has basically the same layout as the 696 but in a V-drive which takes up a lot of cabin space. The wakes behind both the 696 and the V-drive are really top notch.

The best way to compare the SVFARA to other boats in the same class is this. The SVFARA looks like a European sports car and the American make boats look well like a Ford or GM compared to it. Like I said they're not for everyone however they were really well put together and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one if that's what you were looking for. If you like the Malibu XTI, don't buy one until you look at the 696. 90% chance you'll buy the SVFARA...
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
In the pictures posted above I don't really see much of a European Sports Car... more like the clown at the local circus got the day off and took his boat out.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-28-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
When they tested this boat on tulloch a couple of years ago. The pro rider didn't even want to ride the wake because he thought it was going to be bad. After he went out behind it he said it was one of the best wakes he ever rode behind. Very comparable to super air and x star. So they seem to put out a good wake. later, Mike
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-28-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
I think that is a very fine looking boat...have never been in one but I definetley like the looks
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-28-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
This is a very interesting concept for a performance boat:

http://www.waterskimag.com/boat_inspector/index.html?manufacture=6&boat=3
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-29-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Why is a MC 230 an interesting concept for a performance boat?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-29-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
Sorry, I meant to link the Svfara SVONE.

This is the link
http://www.waterskimag.com/boat_inspector/index.html?manufacture=13&boat=3

(Message edited by luchog on November 29, 2006)