Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-10-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
I admit, it looks awesome......but can you guys see through your windows after tinting them????

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (bigbird1031)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
i would love some feedback... i am thinking of tinting the windows on my 2006 mc x2
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-10-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
There's been a few threads on here before. Basic consensus was, yes it looks great and yes it significantly reduces visability, especially in low light.

-Steve
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Personally, i don't like it and i wouldn't do it on mine, but each to their own. If you like the way it looks, go for it.

DKJ
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-10-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
don't go to dark if you do!
Old    ilovetrains            07-11-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
I asked a MO water patrol officer about tinted windows one time, he maintianed it was illegal to tint the windows around the helm.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Matthew: You ride longview much? I ride Blue Springs a ton, and longview some. How you like that monster tower?
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-11-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
One thing i learned in 3 years of law school, never believe a cop. At least some of times they tell you something, it is completely BS, including when they "tell you what the law says." It just makes me want to scream "WHERE'S THE STATUTORY AUTHORITY JACKASS" I agree that there are lots good cops out there, but the others, when they "tell you what the law says," they are taking a SWAG (Systematic Wild Ass Guess) at best, or worse, they're just making it up as they go along.

Example: TVA police pulled into our local party slough on the 4th of July weekend. He was screaming that he'd bust up the party take everybody to jail because it is a dry county. I didn't want to backtalk the guy, but i had to remind him of the AL statute that allows each person over 21 years of age to possess up to 1 case of beer or one 1/5 of liquor in a dry county. I completely agreed with the guy at first b/c his reason for pulling up was that all the stupid rednecks were throwing their beer cans in the river. I'm glad he made his point, so maybe people wont trash my river anymore, but his threats, which had no basis under the laws of Alabama, really hit a nerve. He didnt have to outright LIE about the law; threatening to write everyone there a ticket for littering would have accomplished the same purpose. Instead he chose to misrepresent the law, and i'm guessing his motivation was at least partl to make himself feel that he was more endowed.
Old    ilovetrains            07-11-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Garret, I forgot to update my profile, have an 06 LSV now. Ride Longview a lot, mostly Sat AM before it gets rough. Who do you ride with on Blue Springs?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Right on Derek... power trips and bs