Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    jpbray            06-18-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
Well since I have my OHH, Hochie Glide and Indy Glide at the cable park I decided to give a try to the raley behind the boat. I tried 3 times and everytime I was doing good at the beginning but ended with a kinda backroll (not frontroll as many people do). I tried to look at the tower but didn't seem to work....
Old    alanp            06-19-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
i think you need to weight your front foot more. really load the front foot, more than you would for a normal wake jump and this should set you straight.
any tips on an indy glide or ohh( i can do hoochies)

(Message edited by alanp on June 19, 2006)
Old    jpbray            06-20-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Well if you can do Hoochies, you shouln't have any problem doing OHH. I found OHH easier to learn off a kicker than Hoochies because on Hoochies I did it to revert even if I didn't want. For the indy glide, have a hard cut and let the board go behind you, parallel to the kicker (like a batwing) and grab easy. I had it on first try so you shouldn't have problem with that tricks too.

Tonight I'll post a link to a video of them if you want...
Old    alanp            06-20-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
a video would be great. however im doing them behind the boat not at a park.
Old    jpbray            06-20-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I can't even do a raley behind a boat I really don't know why ... I ride much more behind a boat then at the cable park but probably because at the park it's very similar to snowboarding. I've only been 4 time to the cable park...
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-06-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
I'm having the same problems with my raley.. I am fully capable of doing it on the cable a billion times... but when i take it to the boat i get my ass handed to me every time... this is what happens when i do it off the boat... I cut way out take a deep breath and pray for my life and cut as hard as i can into the wake.. i dont go very high but i go really far and eat i had to guess... my problem is i am way over aggressive when i do this trick, and i should relax and focus on popping up as high as i can, rather than just hitting the wake so hard.. but i dont know.. someone help me....ive been trying off my 80 ft line at 23 mph... cant i like learn it of a shorter line at slower speeds? or is that bad? someone pleaze help!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Curt,

I wouldn't slow the boat down. I had this problem for a while. I suspect you're over-exasurating your edge when you edge away from the boat at the wake. If you want more pop, stay in your cut longer before you edge away from the boat, I would try to have your feet about 1 foot infront of your shoulders when you leave the wake.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
landed it! thanks for the advice it really helped.. When people die doing this trick i think its because everyone is way over aggressive trying it and they hit the wake so hard that they get no pop... This trick is about getting good height and hangtime.. The edge i used that got me to land the trick was no different from the edge i would use to do a normal big wake jump. And I think its important to stand tall at the wake rather then having your butt in the water... its a fly or die trick for sure, but being over agressive on your cut isn't going to help you get more air... its just going to intensify your injury.. its all about progressive edge. ... craig, thanks again for the advice..
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-09-2007, 3:47 AM Reply   
Great advice dude!! Im going to try it (Right after i wrap myself in bubble wrap) At least if i don't make it people can sit on me and paddle, like in jackass!!!