Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-19-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
I have an 8 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. Both of them love to wakeboard with me while standing on the board between my feet but it is time for them to go solo! I just ordered the Hyperlite motive 119 with the Vario mini bindings. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this board and/or setup?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-19-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
Great choice. The Motive is fantastic! Can't comment on the bindings though.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-19-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Cool. I think Ethan will be pretty stoked. His only requirement was for it not to be pink!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-19-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
We have the setup. Very good board. Bindings are light and good for beginners. My 6yr old is not doing flips so it's not like he needs something to really strap him in. Bad wipeouts he releases, but that's more of a size issue and good IMO. My 9 year old can barely strap in, my 3 yr old it's a bit big but he still takes some pulls. My 11yr old daughter got a new board this year and landed some 360's so a good board to start with.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-19-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
My son is 7 and he rides a Hyperlite Motive 134, it works well and is stable and easy for him to get up on.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-20-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
134 seems huge for a 7 y/o. But whatever works. My 7y/o nephew is rockin the motive 109 and loves it. He's a little dude so probably will be able to use it for another season. Bindings, we got a set of some 2004 hyperlite splits on there. They seem to work fine for him. At least he hasn't ever complained...

Upload
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-20-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Scott, that's a sweet pic! That handle looks so big compared to him - it's wider than his shoulders. He's a future ripper for sure.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-20-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
It's so much fun having little ones on the boat and watching them progress. It's been just over a year since my nephew started riding, so this was his first full season. If he stays as stoked on boarding as he is now - he'll be tearing it up in a couple years. He likes to remind me that he'll be better soon!
We got our new boat last July. We all laugh about the fact that at least half the 160 hrs we've put on the boat were while pulling him around the lake. The kid can ride forever!
He's now riding 21.8mph at 60' and just inches from going w2w. He jumps TS pretty well too.

That's my new 2010 Proline LGS handle. He refuses to use a smaller handle becuase he wants to use the same stuff as the big guys! It does dwarf him quite a bit though.

(Message edited by thescott on October 20, 2009)