Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-30-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
alright guys im starting to get the hang of my LF 4'4". but now i think i want to get my dad a board for x-mas. i dont think there is anyway he will be riding without the rope on the 4'4. i want something he can get up and going without the rope first day. hes got wakeboarding down now so getting up wont be hard. hes about 190 lbs. what board is going to be good for this. hes not interested on really doing any tricks or anything right now, just riding without the rope. what board would be good for this? thanks
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-30-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
"i want something he can get up and going without the rope first day"

I would suggest-(in no particular order)

Inland Surfer Redtide-probably the most stable of the 3, not by much though
Inland Surfer Bluelake-the fastest of the 3.
Hyperlite Landlock- good all around learning board

Probably can't go wrong with either one of these 3. There are probably others out there, but these were the easiest that I have ridden or taught someone on.

** Keep in mind these boards do have drawbacks as far as advancing as a rider i.e. doing spins, ollies etc. But great boards to have in your arsenal to teach others once pops has advanced on **

"A surfboard for your father, good young grasshopper, I have taught you well..." -unknown (it just sounded cool)

Good luck. You are a good son, sure beats that tie & $9.99 Old Spice cologne gift set that I bought my dad when I was your age!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-30-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
nice. my shop in town has the londlock in stock which means i could get a sweet deal on it. I am really thinking about the landlock for him but if you guys have any other ideas for boards fill me in, I am willing to drop the extra cash if it means getting a better board. i really want something for him to ride or anyone else who is out there with us to be able to have some fun surfing on they're first day. and maybe some multi even some multisurfing with our little cousin. about being a good son. he got our family the boat, the board is the least i could do for him. i want to see him behind the boat a bit more.
Old     (kernaltao)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-01-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
I learned on a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'6" and a CWB Ride. I have seen many others learn on these boards as well with no problems at all. In fact, most got up on these boards within 4 tries (even those that don't wakeboard). I have read that others have found the Liquid Force Venture to be a great learning board as well. I can't say how these compare to the other boards mentioned as I have never rode those, though. As stated in the post by ICE-a about these beginner boards, the Broadcast and Ride are very stable so it will be difficult to do any advanced maneuvers. It doesn't sound like your dad is interested in that, though. He will still be able to get some great cuts and other basic surf type moves out of these boards.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-01-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
yeah i know it wont really maneuver well, but i really just want him and my mom and whoever to go ropeless no problem. like i said they have the landlock in stock in town and the deal is looking pretty sweet. but before i get anything i figured i would post on here to see what you guys had to say.
Old     (loudnproud)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-08-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
Check out the Triple X 5' 8" Fast Fish. Guaranteed they will throw the handle in and be cruising in the first couple of tries. This board is very stable and is an excellent choice for teaching people to ride and it won't break the bank either.