Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-16-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
I have an '06 Sanger v210 that I bought at the beginning of the year. I love it, have been using it a ton.

A few weeks ago we had a relatively large storm come through and the waves knocked one of the pier sections off its stands. I didnt think anything of it, but when I was looking at the underside of the boat yesterday I noticed a fairly small ding in one of the "rails" (for lack of a better term, what are they called?). Here is a photo, to put it in perspective, its about 1 1/2 long....

Upload

Now as if that didnt break my heart enough, I noticed that the whole length of it has been rubbed off. I couldnt figure out for the life of me why, but I noticed that the carpet in the bunks of my boat hoist is very sandy and it looks like I have been essentially sanding the bottom of my boat every time I put it in, or take it out of the hoist. Here is a picture....

Upload

So, I have number of questions.

1. What do I need to do to fix the larger "ding". Is this something I can do myself or should I just take it in somewhere? What would it cost to fix?

2. What do I need to do to fix the portion where the white has rubbed off the bottom? Anything? does this affect its potential durability or is it likely just cosmetic? Again, do I take it in or is this something I can do myself?

3. Finally, any suggestions as to a good material for the bunks of a hoist that would not retain sand and provide a softer resting place? My hoist has "V's" for the front and back, am I better off to try and rig up lengthwise bunks like are on my trailer? I am thinking that maybe having less direct pressure on the sharp edge of the "rail" it would wear less?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to provide.