Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-27-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
oh eveer since the summer started i have been trying a backside 360 and i land every time but i never have the rope in my hand. can someone please help me with my handlepass???????
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-27-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
Are you doing toeside or heelside? Try a hard pull to your backhip and roll the handle over so the long end of the handle meets your grabbing hand. Also pop first then do rotation
Old    alanp            08-28-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
can you do bs 180s? id learn them first if you cant. its pretty easy to spin the trick without the handle so try holding the handle and tell us what problems you are having.
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
i tryed it again this weekend andi cant do 180s and i am coming in heelside they said that i was pretty close with the handle. but eveyone i talked to on the river says no one can do them
Old    alanp            08-29-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
mike some people find them easier than fs 3's myself being one of those people. however it was only easier once i learned the trick, if that makes any sense at all. if i were you i would focus on the bs 180 then progress to the 3.
Old                03-20-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hey Mike i was having the same kind of trouble with BS 3's I was concentrating so much on landing it than passing the handle. because everyone knows if you land a backside 270 you won't want to do one for a while. So next time focus on pulling the handle straight to your hip. Think about using all your strength and just really try to keep it at your hip and you'll spin just fine.
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-29-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
The way to learn a hs bs 3 is by learning a bs 180 from the inside of the wake to the outside with the handle pass. After you master that, try edging out on your heel edge and doing a bunny hop bs 180 with a handle pass. After you can do both of those you are ready to do a hs bs 3. Just go into the wake with a consistent edge (opposite of a raley cut), starting about 15 ft out, and once you hit the wake pretend you are doing the inside out bs 180, I guarantee you will overrotate and do a bs 3- and you will have the handle from learning how to get it on the bs 180s you practiced before.
good luck, you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you want to see one, I do a couple in this video- http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=11444&cat=508