Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    indyracers10199            08-02-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
Does anybody know what the 2005 Parks wakeboard and bindings will look like. And when will they come out.

Thanks
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
nothing yet...You will see if here first at WAKEWORLD.COM!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/180318.html?1091161790
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
its gonna be the sickest board ever. its gonna pop you twice as much as any other 3-stage board out there. the bindings will bee super light, but be more durable than any binding out there.
........or atleast that is what the brochure will say.

Parks board: the great foam hype.
Old    africantapwater            08-02-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
Would it be dumb for a beginner - intermediate to buy a parks and get familiar with it?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
Yes you can get familiar with it.

Would I suggest it for a beginner - intermediate?

NO.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Yea its possible but not forgiving... Anyone that really wakeboards isn't gonna look at you any better just because your on a Parks board.... nothing against the board, its great, but from someone that knows what they are talking about your gonna be looked at by your personality and skills, not a Parks board..
Old    africantapwater            08-02-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
i wasnt going after it for the looks, im looking at it for the long run. dont want to really replace a board after a year or two, these things are expensive
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-03-2004, 2:17 AM Reply   
u should consider boards like the TDF, premier and era. these are all great boards for progressing, and high standard boarders'
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-03-2004, 3:30 AM Reply   
a super light HL binding... can't wait to see that happening...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
the Parks are lighter than the Zeus by 1 oz. I was amazed when I weighed them myself.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
I agree with Harry, but don't rule out the Motive series.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-03-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
motives are awesome, i like it more than all the new boards, probably cuz im used to it

my setup-2002 Belmont(nowdays motive) with 04 zeus and 1.1 Lf fins
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-03-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey Tool,

When did you see the new stuff? What shop do you work for or do you ride for Hyperlite? Give us the lowdown.

Thanks
Old    absolutewake134            08-04-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
check out the new alliance mag in the 1st page...shows a pic of all the hyperlite board and bindings including the parks setup
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
I own the 2004 Parks board and love it... if anyone finds anything online about the parks board and bindings please email me at curtb6@earthlink.net ..........OK, now that thats over im ready to share what little i know about the highly highly highly anticipated 2005 PARKS setup.. I watched the X-Games they were on august 7th i belive.. I taped it actually.. and in the x games parks takes third place, sharpe takes second, and froggy soven somehow took first over them... infact.. ive never seen a better double half cab roll out of parks ever then the one he pulls in the x games competition.. anyways, enough of that getting to the point..board first, then bindings....: the board i saw him ride was defeintly a hyperlite board.. we are pretty sure its the parks becuase it still maintains a fairly standard shape of the hyperlite parks boards... ive also heard that the shape HAS changed, this is also a pretty good possibility.. i couldnt imagine parks changing the boards shape all too much because it is an amazing board and im pretty sure its hyperlites biggest seller... but the parks board does look like it maintained the same shape.. i watched my tape over and over to see any shape change and if there is anything differnet about the design of the board.. it has to small things.. i think that the abrupt 3 stage rocker probably could have become a little bit more abrupt.. and if you notice on the 03 and 04 shape, the side rails on the nose and tail are down lower... i think they may have gone even lower then ever to let the board ride up even higher.. and my only other observation of the shape is that the board could have possibly gotten a little bit thicker.. oh yeah and same fin setup too..... rumor has it hyperlite is using new materials for all their stuff, wether its true or not i dont know, and what i think of it..... its hyperlite, it cant be bad... as for the graphics.. it looks most similar to the 03 boards.. with the white top and some strange thing.. couldnt get a good look but it looked most like the 143 - 2003 parks graphic i think thats the one with the silver eagle man.. but it definetly wasnt that board because there was a little bit of red in it.. and the bottom of the board is 100% black with the hyperlite symbol with the italic H in the sideways oval..... as far as the bindings go.. looks like they have changed a little bit but for the most part.. instead of black white and red... or black and blue.. they are all silver and black... and they look SICKKKK!!!!!!!! - and by the way.. chad sharpe was riding some 05 hyperlite that had a red top and a white bottom and said hyperlite in strange cursive letters... and bindings the same color as what i described as the 05 PARKS bindings.. maybe thats wat he was riding.. dont know.. anyone else finds more info... LETS HEAR IT
-Curt
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
You can see Parks' board on the X-Games photo gallery D.Williams supplied us. Also shows 1 picture of the new Era bindings.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
Wow Curt.
Are you on HO's payroll?

"rumor has it hyperlite is using new materials for all their stuff, wether its true or not i dont know, and what i think of it..... its hyperlite, it cant be bad"

This might be the most amazing statement I've ever heard on this site.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
curt only has 2 posts...i think he is a dedicated rider, or at least knows what he is talking about

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on August 09, 2004)
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
hahaha.... i would call myself a dedicated rider... infact I landed my first whirlybird rite before leaving that last post... I'm 16 and definetly dont work for Hyperlite haha.. but I can't wait to see the new parks setup... im a new register on this site, so that explains only two posts... and as far as hyperlite is concerned... they just keep steping it up, isnt it obvious?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
the new parks board is the same general shape as last year. the step down rail on the tip and tail of last years board now goes all the way down the board through the senter. the chanels by the fins arent as deep. its got the same rocker pattern. the tip and tail are shaped slightly different with a more agressive battail style. dna colors are a white topdeck with a black graphic. the biolite is a black topdeck with white graphic. graphics are hyperlites usual semi synical badass graphics.
-the bindings are the same binding, except made out of new materials for a better comfort and hold. bindings are black and silver.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
where did you see these graphics at?? do tell...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
the new 05 catalogue is out. took a look at one this past weekend. new boards should be in stores by september
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
how did u get the 05 catelog?! SCAN SOME STUFF!!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-11-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
some new HL is in the new Wakeboarding Magazine. They have a 2 page spread a couple pages into it. I was surprised to see that the new Temet bindings are actually brown. I though that picture was a crappy scan.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-11-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
toolfan, can u give us a better scan, cause that other one makes their stuff look worse than this years stuff
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-11-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
i dont have a scanner.
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-11-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
its just pictures right? I heard the brouchure wont be ready for a little while
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
I think the fact that the Parks is Hyperlite's best seller has absolutely nothing to do with the boards shape. I am impressed that they actually changed the shape, it's not like Hyperlite to make adjustments right in the middle of the boards five year run(unless you're Byerly).
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm not sure about the population of people who got the board... I've been riding for a long time and love the shape, but yeah, it is Parks Bonifays board and for all the newcomers to the sport, it looks to them like a sweet buy... although, the changes in shape are definetly going to make people like myself go an try out the board and think about it for sure... good point though - i wanna see this board.. somebody post some pictures
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
chad sharpe was riding his new board the 3ds with the new hibacks that are all black at the x games. i have held the new parks in my hands and it is sick and it definately has changed for the better.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Did you ride it?
How has it changed for the better?

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/184169.html?1092259976
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
i rode it in a 140 and it is just flat out smoother
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 3:31 PM Reply   
What about the 05 bindings... any opinions?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-14-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
dont think that its fair to give any opinions till i see them in person and ride them.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-14-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
Curt: damn foo. calm down. it sounds like youre gonna mess your pants...
Old    p0ptart            08-15-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
Here is the 2005 line. My local shop says it comes out in a couple of weeks.

http://www.extreme.com.sg/hyperlite/hyperlite.htm
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
i saw an 05 era 137 in the racks of some i/o at the delta today. they didnt have a tower and were powerturning everywhere...they were riding behind orwood where the sliders used to be (actually there is one set up right now).
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-16-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
you can see basically all the 05 hl gear at wakegiant.com hope it works