Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (rubicon_lover)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
I live in P-town Oregon and i ride on the willamette and i have asked the police and city hall if i could place a slider on the river and the only clear answer i got was telling me not to litter? so i was wondering what you guys do?
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
I know that even placing a buoy anywhere in waters controlled by the US Army Corp of Engineers requires an application process. I am guessing that it would be the same for any structure in the waterway.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-20-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever registered their slider as a boat? Then you can anchor it out legally for a period of time. Read your local laws for more info.

Upload
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-20-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Fish and game had a problem with us doing it. The argument was based on changing the river beds sedimentry deposit. I have a buddy that worked for the dept. of water resources, and was able to get an statement from the head of fish and game to "ok" our constuction of rails because he didnt see an effect on the river bottom in terms of sedimenty deposits.

Since then I keep a copy of this repsonce in my boat...just in case fish and game messes with us. "your boss is cool with it, see" (while handing the printed out email to them).

The police or sherief have never bothered us, and actually they have put thier boat onshore just downstream to watch. They told us that "as long as we are not obstructing the flow of traffic" they have no problem.

We never were approched by the Army Corp of Engineers.
Old    sealyon.net            08-20-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
In TN it's a 30 day process to get a permit from TVA, and they can come get it
Old     (rubicon_lover)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
well, i would make if float so it wouldnt effect the sediment on the bottom, is it expensive to register it as a boat?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-21-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
That's what we did two weeks ago. Jonny and Gary made a fun box out of an old boat registered it bought her a season pass and towed it out. Worked on lake Mead.