Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
So so good best video focusing pretty much exclusively on kickers ive ever seen. I think a couple first evers in there, correct me if Im wrong but are those the first ever kicker KGB 7 and Moby dick 7's?

Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-10-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
This is a cable video, FYI. All cable.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
Phil Soven did a Moby dick 7 on boat and Frederick Von Osten did a wrapped Kgb 7 off the kicker... probably first all handlepass kgb 720. Best video I've seen in a while.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-11-2012, 4:35 AM Reply   
I have to agree, despite my cable bias, that the video is very good. Good quality video, good quality editing, and I like that Florence + The Machine song. I just get annoyed and occasionally 'tricked' into clicking with these grandiose thread titles '1260!', 'DESTROYING', 'DOUBLE INVERTS'. Only to find cable footage. I guess that's my problem though. Video is well done.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-11-2012, 5:39 AM Reply   
Erik if you notice I was pretty clear in the title it was off kickers, normally I think kickers apply a lot more to cable and 2.0 systems, not much goes on in terms of boat kickers apart from some notable exceptions ie the Defy sesh. Also why have a cable bias isnt it about time to let that go? By the way the riders in this video are primarily boat riders, thats why you you dont see any air tricks asides from one fairly basic vulcan.

Yea I know about Phils moby 7 and Freddy's wrapped KGB 7, but so far as I know these are still the first kicker moby 7's and full handle pass KGB 7.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       02-11-2012, 6:03 AM Reply   
WOW these guys absolutely killed it! The Off axis one grab thing over the transfer was pretty impressive!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-11-2012, 6:04 AM Reply   
looks like those obrien boards are doing them good
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-11-2012, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
WOW these guys absolutely killed it! The Off axis one grab thing over the transfer was pretty impressive!
My jaw kind of dropped at that too. I've never seen something like that. Real cool. Yes they killed it.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-11-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
Those dudes RIP for sure
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-11-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
absolutely sick video. made my saturday morning! although in all fairness, im at work today so i am an easy target
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-11-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Sick edit all the way around, riding, progression and cinematogrophy.
I'm loving the all cable stuff these days because there is alot of young creativity going into it because of the accessability and affordability.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
i mean it was pretty obvious before opening the thread that it was going to be cable
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
easily one of the best cable videos ive seen. So many double flips, 1080s and prespinning off the kicker. Couldnt ask for more!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
I could do all those flips and spins if I could figure out how to go in slow motion like those guys.

Cool video!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-11-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
ahhhhh yes. Nice to see the O'brien Flex boards getting some mad love!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
That was incredible work from the swedes. I'm more impressed by the riding in that than I was with DEFY.

Tail-grab whirly dick.... thats nuts.

Would like to see more from these guys.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-11-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
FYI, people from Sweden aren't Swiss.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-11-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
FYI, people from Sweden aren't Swiss.
Hahaha my mother in law calls them that too. And people from Thailand she calls them Taiwanese hahaha
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-11-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
rad stuff! thanks for sharing!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-12-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
Really enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing. Still blows my mind the level of riding that has become the 'norm' or can get by without extreme notice. Just a few years ago, riding like this would have made these guys superstars, and now they're putting out footage like this, and we don't even know their names. High fives all around for wake!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
Really enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing. Still blows my mind the level of riding that has become the 'norm' or can get by without extreme notice. Just a few years ago, riding like this would have made these guys superstars, and now they're putting out footage like this, and we don't even know their names. High fives all around for wake!
Yeah no kidding. I was thinking the same thing. But I don't think it is "norm". If they're not sponsored or professional riders in Sweden, then I simply don't understand how the world works. I've come to accept that tricks involving kickers can be deceiving in terms of real progress. If you build a big enough kicker and create a seriously extreme upward pull angle, s#it's going to go down. 10's, 12's, and all manners of double inverts.

But this riding is on another level. I was able to put my anti-cable leanings aside and enjoy the hell out of this. Once again, awesome video, awesome F+TM song, just well done all around and I sure as hell hope these dudes are pros in some way. Never really seen something like this, and definitely saw progression (real progression) happen in this video. Really, really awesome.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
I remember watching a video of nick davies a few years earlier with a lesser level of riding than this (off of kickers that is) and being absolutely stunned. Its amazing how much cable riding has progress but the guy above me does make a point. Give someone a seasons pass and a big enough kicker and stuff like this should go down lol
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-13-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
I remember watching a video of nick davies a few years earlier with a lesser level of riding than this (off of kickers that is) and being absolutely stunned. Its amazing how much cable riding has progress but the guy above me does make a point. Give someone a seasons pass and a big enough kicker and stuff like this should go down lol
Nope. Only a select few can get to this level, no matter what they have to work with. Sure, it's easier to ride at the highest levels on the cable than to do that behind the boat, but it's still a very exclusive club.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-13-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
This is better than any Nick Davies footage I ever saw.

Plus none of them were spitting or drooling in this video.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-14-2012, 4:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhawk View Post
This is better than any Nick Davies footage I ever saw.

Plus none of them were spitting or drooling in this video.
I used to think Nick Davies acted as if he had a drug problem. Acted, I say, so nobody accuse me of slander, ok. I thought he acted in ways that were in keeping with a cocaine habit. What is he doing now? Don't hear from him much, the guy got his own pro model Hyperlite cable board for god's sake. If I were him, and the Swedes just edited a video that basically goes 'YEAH? SUP NOW BIG NAME MARQUEE NAME PRO BYATCHES' to every pro cable guy out there, I'd have something ready to put out to answer back. Most Nick Davies footage that used to be posted involved a lot of cable corner/turn tricks. In my mind i just picture leaned out super duper duper corner of the cable field wing wang zim-zams or quintuple toeside s-bends that do nothing for me. The videos would cut to Davies spitting or drooling in a manner that honestly came off really unprofessional. So, yeah, this is better than that footage in my opunion too.

Last edited by boomshot; 02-14-2012 at 4:17 AM.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-14-2012, 4:29 AM Reply   
My bad, just read/recalled his major injury last summer. My bad. Some points do, however, still stand.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-14-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
Nick doesn't need me to defend him, but I'm going to anyway. He's the most stylish cable rider ever. He goes huge on everything and his air tricks would destroy these guys, awesome riders though they are. He also kills it behind the boat and on the rails. He's been a world champion and achieved things these people will never achieve, and I imagine he's happy with that. He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. If Nick saw this video, he'd probably be super stoked to see the progression.

These Swedish guys are not saying anything like "YEAH? SUP NOW BIG NAME MARQUEE NAME PRO BYATCHES" because they aren't cocky little douchers. They're a bunch of friends having fun pushing each other and showing the world what they can do. They're not calling anyone out. You are.

As for the spitting/drooling thing, I think it's funny. It's part of Nick's Swagger. I love to see guys enjoying their work and goofing around when they're riding. I like to wear ridiculous clothes and make crazy faces and do goofy tricks when I'm riding because I ride best when I'm not taking things too seriously. It might look unprofessional, but I'd rather see pro wakeboarders act like regular people than media darlings who groom their every gesture for the camera. With Nick, what you see is what you get. When I watch him ride in person at McCormick's, he's just as chill as he is in his videos, and that's awesome to see. He acts like he's out having fun with his friends, not putting on a public appearance. That's how it should be.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 02-14-2012 at 6:24 AM.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-14-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
As for the spitting/drooling thing, I think it's funny. It's part of Nick's Swagger. .
Swag so tight, m******fu*****z on dead bolt. You're right.
Attached Images

Last edited by boomshot; 02-14-2012 at 7:47 AM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-14-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
Haha, where the hell did you get that picture?!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
that pic would be perfct for those meme things going around..
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-14-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
apart from the pic... this video is insane... to commit and huck stuff like that takes serious balls
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-14-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
that pic would be perfct for those meme things going around..
Yes! I'm sure Cisco will be all over that if he finds this, but I'd really prefer it if someone funnier than him would take the initiative to make one of these when the situation calls for it.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-15-2012, 1:57 AM Reply   
Nice! Really stoked to see these guys get the recognition they deserve. Also my bad.. not Swiss, SWEDISH...

Oh just one thing, Hebrew Hammer is right on, please dont diminish the riding by suggesting anyone with a season pass could accomplish this level of riding. Believe me there TONS of groms and cable rats with as much access to cable riding as this crew and they will never get to that level.

Still blown away by the progression it goes a step beyond even fooshee and dan grants kicker work, and they were at the top until I saw this vid.
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-18-2012, 1:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
My bad, just read/recalled his major injury last summer. My bad. Some points do, however, still stand.
Watch Nick from 2 mins onward behind a boat 18 months ago and then diss the guy... Who cares if he messes about? He's young, and having fun.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/car...io-and-davies/

In the meantime, I LOVE this video, really well put together, great music choice, and another example of young guys, having FUN!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-18-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
That original video was just fun to watch, over and over.