Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2010, 1:06 AM Reply   
hey all!
here is my crack at a tantrum.

enjoy
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-23-2010, 4:18 AM Reply   
You need to let go with your back hand earlier and square your shoulders up to the wake. You also need to hang on with your front hand, you let go almost immediately after hitting the wake. Then look straight back with your head, you are leaving your chin tucked to your chest the whole time. Keep working it.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-23-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
Great job on wanting progress your riding, I think your fist crack at it ends like most. Keep at it, I landed my first one behind a 23 Gulfstream without a tower.
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-23-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Your edge looks like it could use a little work. Try and do some w2w jumps and some jumps into the flats before giving the tantrum a go. Try not to skip the basics, if you have trouble being inverted find a trampoline and start do flips. Good luck hope you stick it!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-23-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
I just started landing mine, and I was really trying too hard for the trip-flip edge. When you get into the trough, drop your read hand and get your shoulders parallel with the wake. Resist the urge to throw it as long as possible. This is still the toughest part for me, I couldn't get it down consistant yet by the end of the season...
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-23-2010, 10:28 PM Reply   
hey thanks guys for the help.
after watching it a few times here is what i found.

1 keep the handle lower
2 square up shoulders
3 stand taller
4 get my head back
5 chest up.
6 HOLD ON TO THE HANDLE!

pretty much what every on else said.
i have no problem with doing flips on the tramp, I've done heaps of them.
once again thanks for the help.

dooie