Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-10-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
do you think that they could have done better? do you think they are awesome? or do you think they suck tell me why?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
I think all of them are ugly as sin.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
I ride 03 Parks bindings and love them. I really have to agree with Stanfield as far as looks for '05. I'd think Hyperlite could do better.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
While I don't agree with Hyperlite's business practices, I have to admit, the '05 3DS/'04 Highback is my number 2 favorite binding that I have ridden. Trailing the '05 LF Team
Old    sl4ppy            04-11-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
I agree with Stanfield...

I was going to buy a new pair of HyperLites this year, but after seeing how god-awful they look I may go with some other brand for the first time. :/
Old    drewsky24            04-11-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Due to Hyperlite coming out with such ugly bindings this year i'm starting to ride LF.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Ugly boots? They're sick, minus the Byerlys...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-11-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Well I'd say they are all hideous except those damn Parks' with that sweet swangin' medallion. It's been a lot of years since a company came out with an innovation as ground breaking as that!! I saw someone do a medallion grab yesterday, it was the most stylish thing I've ever seen. Someone was telling me that it's got a positive polar charge and works like those bracelets our grandparents wear and makes your ankles like sorta bionic!! Sweet god that is off the chain!!!!
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-11-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
I really like the looks of the murrays. I'd get 'em if I wasn't so broke.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-11-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Well i think liquid force bindings are so so so so much better than hyperlite! I my self own a pair of 04 parks nice comfy but after i tried on ultras and sphynx! Hyperlite bindings are ugly this yeah xcept the byerlys!

Liquid force bindings rock
Old    blind5            04-11-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
i like em. the mur-dogs are bad ass, as well as the byerlys
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-11-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
Stephan - agreed, the medallion on the Parks boots is stupid as hell... I'm a fan of the 3DS, Era and Murrays... let's put it that way...
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
ya i will always go with liquid force
Old    jeffsuperstar            04-13-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
i found the 2K5 hyperlite collection not that nice, graphic and comfort !! liquid force bindings are way ahead, demo a pair of sphynx or transit you won t be disapointed
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-13-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
I like the murrays i was talkin to shawn and he said they were designed to be able to put them on with no hands and it is kinda nice to be able to just wiggle your foot in.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
i dont see how you get your feet in those things without using your hands...there are like 4 different tightening devices. maybe if you use that polar charge from the parks medallion, you can tighten the murrays without hands.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
i used to dig the old belmonts. now i hate the new ones. too many pressure points here and there.

i used to dig the old parks. now i'm not a big fan...too much heel lift.

quote:

your thaughts on hyperlites 05 bindings

they're ok. i like liquid force much better.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   
Transits.... best bindings I've ever worn. Anybody want my '04 Parks? (M/L)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
We went riding the other day and my buddy had bought some new murrays over them winter. They ripped on his 2nd or 3rd big air.
Crap.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2005, 5:01 PM Reply   

quote:

I like the murrays i was talkin to shawn and he said they were designed to be able to put them on with no hands and it is kinda nice to be able to just wiggle your foot in.

ha, the apparently forgot to take into account after you get your foot in, then you're spending time w/ the boa, then laces, then option 2, the boa again (for some people I know)...

I like My LF teams. Get in, pull 2 laces, go.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-15-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
I like my new Byerly's . The BOA's take awhile to tighten initially but it's worth it being able to tighten them while riding.

I miss the forward lean that my old ones had though

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Old     (habcaw_creek)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-15-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
i think the new eras are the sickest...thats why i got them,plus they have a great price. i cant believe the new parks. how could hyperlite mess them up anymore than they are now?the new temmets are sick too.i am sponsered for surfing by a surfshop that sells hyperlite too so i cant say any thing about liquid force.