Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CJ7)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-09-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
im putting some KIcker KS65's on my RZR, bought a 2 channel 200 watt marine amp that is literally the size of my fist, I was thinking about glueing it inside the speaker, would that work? if not ill just mount it to the roof. also how do you get the wires through the tower?
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-09-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Not sure about the amp question. I wonder if the magnet in the speaker will do anything to the amp. As far as the tower question, I had a small piece of string that I put into the hole at the top of the tower and used a vacuum to suck the string down the tower to the hole near the bottom. Then just tie the speaker wire to the string and pull it down the tower. Others may have better ways, but this worked on my last boat pretty good.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-09-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
I tried the vacuum technique - it didn't work for me, so I went to hardware store and bought a wire "fish" and used that. Cost 30 bucks or so, but it worked.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-09-2012, 7:30 PM Reply   
Why the KS car series and not the KM marine series, or even the PS (power sports) series?

When you say "gluing it inside the speaker" you mean speaker pod? An amp needs a power, ground and signal. Then you have to run another speaker wire pair out to the other speaker. Is there no where else to mount the amp on your RZR?
Old     (CJ7)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-12-2012, 5:53 AM Reply   
Im going to try the vacum idea, after looking at it again i am just going to weld a roof across the cage and mount the amp on it, I got these KS speakers for $200, guy said they were waterproof
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-12-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Tia a small piece of plastic grocery bag to the end of your string. Then suck it through the tower with the vac. I have pulled string through several hundred feet of conduit this way.