Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-14-2014, 1:54 PM Reply   
Anyone heard about the new Supra SE release?
I have heard snipptis of info, but nothing credible.... Heard it is big....24'-25'.

http://supraboats.blogspot.com/2014/...pra-se-to.html
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-14-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
If this is it the first thing that stood out to me is the backrest in the back seat. Wavy design then plain all the way down? Horrible IMO

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405372713.313192.jpg
Views: 7275
Size:  194.8 KB
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-14-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
Not to mention the washed out wake?
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-14-2014, 2:58 PM Reply   
I don't think I'm at liberty to talk about it in detail, but having been in one and ridden behind one that came through the dealership I work for, I can tell you this boat is another home run for Supra. Awesome styling, lots of new features and the wake and wave are unreal. I agree that the above pictures show a washy wake, but much like the SA and SC the wake is clean and stays clean with weight. I rode stock ballast at 22.5, and I know this is the thing to say when people want to hype up a new boat, but the wake is every bit G23 in size and clean. The difference is that where the G is very mellow, the SE has a lot more ramp. From looking at it, riding behind it, and the little bit I've heard about pricing, this will be a wake monster that can hang with the big boys and probably win. Hopefully I'll be able to post up some wake pics soon.

Last edited by Ttime41; 07-14-2014 at 3:00 PM.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-14-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Considering how good the SA and SC wakeboard wakes are, I highly doubt this wake won't be good or even better. Bashing a boat over one picture that is posted that is clearly not trying to display the wake is why wakeworld is wakeworld.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-14-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
I saw some photos of it and it's legit !! I can't wait to actually see one in person , lit looks like a absolute monster and still has great Supra lines. After the SA and SC I would imagine this thing will do well for them as well.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-14-2014, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Considering how good the SA and SC wakeboard wakes are, I highly doubt this wake won't be good or even better. Bashing a boat over one picture that is posted that is clearly not trying to display the wake is why wakeworld is wakeworld.

Haha say what you want. I was giving my initial thoughts from a pic that SUPRA put up to hype people about a new product. If you are going to promise an amazing wake then put a pic of it up to back your statement up.....
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-14-2014, 4:15 PM Reply   
yep thats a bit washing machine considering it's on the side the rider is pulling on
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-14-2014, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

Just to be clear I LOVE the new stuff supra is putting out. They would be a big contender if
I were buying a new boat. I was giving my OPINION on what I had seen of the boat so far. Your statement is why wakeworld is what it is now....everyone has to put IMO after everything they say for the nazis like you.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-14-2014, 4:21 PM Reply   
The photos are coming...and the wake and wave are very impressive. I have been in it, around it, and behind it. They took everything they learned from the SA and SC and put it in one monster of a boat. I loved it!!! The rest of the back rest is being blocked by the windshield rail and that makes it look strange. It is not plain all the way down. I think this boat will surprise even the most finicky wakeboarders and surfers. ;-)
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-15-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
I have video of the wake...does it look G23 big? That's up for debate. I'll admit. It's nice. Interested to see the rest of the boat
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-15-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
Also have video of the surf wave
Old     (LeeG23)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-15-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
Do show
Old     (LeeG23)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-15-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
Impressive! I love the manufacturers pushing each other! Only helps us!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-15-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have video but don't want to get in trouble for sharing. Does not show the boat. Just the wake.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-15-2014, 8:17 PM Reply   
I am all for competition and brands pushing each other. To me tho Supra is not in the price category they are pushing into. While Supra I think is making awesome boats....... their line and price points are going backwards. With an SC or an SA both pushing 100k I think Surpa is losing a huge customer base. They've wiped out their lines and pretty forced huge price increases with no other options for customers. I just don't see them staying a top contender this way.

Maybe Skiers Choice is thinking Moomba has stepped up to fill those lost Supra models and now move Supra solely to an elite level only? If so I think that's a hard sell.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-15-2014, 8:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I am all for competition and brands pushing each other. To me tho Supra is not in the price category they are pushing into. While Supra I think is making awesome boats....... their line and price points are going backwards. With an SC or an SA both pushing 100k I think Surpa is losing a huge customer base. They've wiped out their lines and pretty forced huge price increases with no other options for customers. I just don't see them staying a top contender this way.

Maybe Skiers Choice is thinking Moomba has stepped up to fill those lost Supra models and now move Supra solely to an elite level only? If so I think that's a hard sell.

You been in a new supra lately??? Styling is on par with malibu. And a wake to go with it. They are every bit as nice as the big 3. Big 4 now.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-15-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
You been in a new supra lately??? Styling is on par with malibu. And a wake to go with it. They are every bit as nice as the big 3. Big 4 now.
All the billet blew my mind... pretty quality fab on the SC 450 I saw...
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-16-2014, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

This is the mindset that I think Skiers choice is trying to get rid of, and they're doing a great job. I think that for a while Supra was thought of as an entry level luxury boat that wasn't quite on par with the big three. Sort of like a Buick compared to a BMW. The SA and SC are a huge step up to that level though, and the SE will seal the deal. This boat will compete in interior quality, styling, a wake quality with the flagships of the big three. From what I hear though, the price won't.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2014, 5:07 AM Reply   
I cant wait to see this thing. Ive always loved the Supras. That new SE wake looks crazy.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-16-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
Yeah I have to admit that I agree with some of the sentiment above. I have always been a Supra fan as most know. I felt a little alienated when the prices climbed and felt like they were missing there core buyer. That buyer was someone that wanted a high end luxury boat for $10K less than a Malibu/Mastercraft/Nautique. It might not have been quite as fancy, but still above most of the other brands in styling and wake. After looking hard at the SA and SC and spending time on them, I see what they are doing. The SA and SC are nothing like the old Supra. They are every bit on par or above the "big 3". I am not saying that with owner goggles either. If you have not gone and checked them out recently, you should do yourself a favor and do so and form your own opinion. This year is the first year that we get comments that feel it is actually nicer than the Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique. We already know the Wake and Wave are right there. I really dig what Skiers Choice is doing with Supra. Yeah the price is climbing, but they are raising the bar and when you compare it to the other "big 3" you see the value.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-16-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Yeah I have to admit that I agree with some of the sentiment above. I have always been a Supra fan as most know. I felt a little alienated when the prices climbed and felt like they were missing there core buyer. That buyer was someone that wanted a high end luxury boat for $10K less than a Malibu/Mastercraft/Nautique. It might not have been quite as fancy, but still above most of the other brands in styling and wake. After looking hard at the SA and SC and spending time on them, I see what they are doing. The SA and SC are nothing like the old Supra. They are every bit on par or above the "big 3". I am not saying that with owner goggles either. If you have not gone and checked them out recently, you should do yourself a favor and do so and form your own opinion. This year is the first year that we get comments that feel it is actually nicer than the Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique. We already know the Wake and Wave are right there. I really dig what Skiers Choice is doing with Supra. Yeah the price is climbing, but they are raising the bar and when you compare it to the other "big 3" you see the value.

Well Said...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-16-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Holy wake Batman!! Can't wait for our first one to arrive next month!
Old     (LeeG23)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-16-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Where pix of wake go?
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2014, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
I don't think I'm at liberty to talk about it in detail, but having been in one and ridden behind one that came through the dealership I work for, I can tell you this boat is another home run for Supra. Awesome styling, lots of new features and the wake and wave are unreal. I agree that the above pictures show a washy wake, but much like the SA and SC the wake is clean and stays clean with weight. I rode stock ballast at 22.5, and I know this is the thing to say when people want to hype up a new boat, but the wake is every bit G23 in size and clean. The difference is that where the G is very mellow, the SE has a lot more ramp. From looking at it, riding behind it, and the little bit I've heard about pricing, this will be a wake monster that can hang with the big boys and probably win. Hopefully I'll be able to post up some wake pics soon.
Will you buy one after seeing it?
Old     (LeeG23)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-16-2014, 7:17 PM Reply   
Gotta tell u. At Dallas boat show very impressed w supra. I like progress. Like new ideas on old design. That is why I bought a G. New idea with improved function
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       07-16-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Well after getting treated terrible by skiers choice (long story) on a moomba , I will not get a supra . But I am enjoying my New Nautique.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-16-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick View Post
Will you buy one after seeing it?
I would love to! But as a college student on a wake camp instructor budget I think it'll be a bit hard to swing haha.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-22-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
New teaser for the SE
Attached Images

Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2014, 10:14 AM Reply   
Looks awesome ! I love my SA and have spent a lot of time on my buddies SC, from the pictures I have seen of this monster it looks like Skiers Choice took the best of both the SC and SA and put them together in this big guy ! Who cares about the bad wake shot ... check out those two cup holders !! I was never a Supra guy until I spent time on the SA during my demo and these things are absolutely phenomenal from the wake to the fit and finish . I'm sure the SE will attract some more people to take a second look at this line up.
Old     (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-22-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Sweet toggles Supra
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2014, 2:47 AM Reply   
Wonder where u control the stereo from the drivers chair, besides on the screen? Sa was in a ok spot, wish it was more by ur arm and throttle, by the bag switches..
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
From the drivers seat you do have to control the stereo from the VISION system. My SC is like that also. Would be nice to have a remote in the helm. There is a perfect spot to have a remote, but I have just had a hard time doing it. There is already 4 spots where you can control the stereo in the boat.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2014, 2:24 PM Reply   
Just saw on FB..... I guess this answers the question of what the nose will look like...
Attached Images

Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-23-2014, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just saw on FB..... I guess this answers the question of what the nose will look like...
A pickle/traditional combo one sided pickle!!
Old     (rbeckner27)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-23-2014, 7:08 PM Reply   
Was told today the SE is a larger version of the SA at 24' and the new SG is a larger version of the SC with the traditional style nose at about 23'.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
Yes, se over sized sa, with rear facing seat
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
And, (from someone who rode behind it with stock ballest), gana give the g a run for its money..... (says it's better)
Old     (LeeG23)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-26-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
any news on this boat?
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-26-2014, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post
Well after getting treated terrible by skiers choice (long story) on a moomba , I will not get a supra . But I am enjoying my New Nautique.
I have been interested in the SC since it came out but after the problems that I have encountered with my 21V's cracked hull and Skier's Choice's run around, I'm pretty much done with them. All that I here from Mastercraft and Nautique owners is that they have exceptional customer service. Skiers Choice will never be at their level with customer service with the staff they have now.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-27-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
From the first picture it looks like the boat is in a right turn hence the washed wake and the rider sliding not edging

I think all the new supras have been a step above the previous models so hopefully they keep it going
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-28-2014, 2:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedride View Post
I have been interested in the SC since it came out but after the problems that I have encountered with my 21V's cracked hull and Skier's Choice's run around, I'm pretty much done with them. All that I here from Mastercraft and Nautique owners is that they have exceptional customer service. Skiers Choice will never be at their level with customer service with the staff they have now.
I've had the total opposite experience. Nothin but help and cooperation from them. Sorry to here ur problems and from what I've seen and experienced, is nothing but positive...I've also got a great dealer backing it too
Old     (cgilliland)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-28-2014, 5:36 AM Reply   
^^ x2
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-28-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
^^ X2.. Nothing but Great response from SC from my own experience. Someone dropped the ball on my trailer build, SC made it right and had another one built. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Old     (jkaser)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-28-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
^^ X4 - I have had 3 SC boats and I have been treated incredibly well. I visited them and they were great. I had problems with my 1st one ('09 22V) and they ensured all was made right. My '13 SA had a few issues but all taken care of. My '14 SA has over 40 hours and I can't find anything wrong with it! I know there are other outstanding boats out there but I will buy nothing but Supra as long as I get treated so well by SC and my dealer. BTW, my wife would kill me if I would only keep the SA for one year to get an SE!!
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-28-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
looks like you sell the supras when everything is working to buy a new one with problems ;-). I have a 21V with 300h and i could always get back to the dock. But no supra dealer at my lake makes me thinking to switch to malibu or nautique.. but i really like the SC.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-28-2014, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaser View Post
^^ X4 - I have had 3 SC boats and I have been treated incredibly well. I visited them and they were great. I had problems with my 1st one ('09 22V) and they ensured all was made right. My '13 SA had a few issues but all taken care of. My '14 SA has over 40 hours and I can't find anything wrong with it! I know there are other outstanding boats out there but I will buy nothing but Supra as long as I get treated so well by SC and my dealer. BTW, my wife would kill me if I would only keep the SA for one year to get an SE!!
I'd expect any manufacturer to treat someone we'll when they are buying a new boat every few years. It's when a company offers a warranty that covers the hull for the life of the boat and then refuses to stand behind their product, that is the problem. If you trade in every so often, you will likely never experience that. I purchased my boat new in '06 and the platform fell off the boat less than two years later. That was handled well. 7 years after purchasing, the hull fails and cracks appear throughout the port side, and Skiers's Choice looks for any reason known to man to not stand behind their warranty. After hiring a marine surveyor at the advise of many in the industry, they eventually decide to bring my boat in to the factory for a complete hull replacement. It even made the trip from Houston with another 21V that had a hull replacement. Skier's Choice refuses to reimburse my expenses that I acquired from this whole incident.

My point is, if you buy a new boat often, it makes no difference who you buy from. If you keep anything for a while, you better choose someone that will stand behind their product. In my experience, Skier's Choice has not. I have plenty of info to share. It's too bad that hull failures seem to be such a hidden issue amongst these companies.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-28-2014, 11:49 PM Reply   
do you have pictures from the damages hull? How did it happen? I ask because i have a 2008 21V.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-30-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCent View Post
do you have pictures from the damages hull? How did it happen? I ask because i have a 2008 21V.
I do have pictures to share once I have time to get on the PC to post them. My boat is a 2006 and believe that the one that shipped with it was too. The cracks appeared on the port side on the bottom of the boat. Some were open far enough that you could easily fit your finger nail into. They ran from the front to the back of the running surface. If you bought your boat 2nd hand and do not have a transferred warranty, I would be extremely cautious of how you use the boat. If you have a lifetime warranty, from being the original purchaser or transferred properly, don't allow Skier's Choice try to convince you that you are at fault for the cracks.

Here in SE Texas, we have many soft sand (almost muddy) beaches on the rivers. Most people will nose their boats up to the shore as I had done with mine through the 7 years of owning it. The gel coat was worn away on the keel from this. Skier's Choice claimed that the boat had been ran aground, and then claimed that the boat was not designed to support the weight that this put on the keel. You could see that the gel coat had been smoothly sanded away over the years, but there were no signs of any impact. After hiring a marine surveyor, and sharing Skier's Choice's own pictures of their boats that had been either beached for a photo shoot or placed with the keel on rubber blocks at boat shows, they eventually decided to take my boat back in for more evaluation. During all this time, they had only seen the pictures that were taken at the dealer and made their decisions by them. The whole thing has been a headache.

Rick Tinker has responded appropriately each time when I have reached the point that he needed to be involved. I don't feel that a company should have customer relations employees that handle stuff so poorly that it requires his involvement. Let me be clear. My hull has been replaced and they have warranted the initial problem. It is all about the route that it has taken to get there. If they do have a larger problem and these boats are failing often, they should make this an easier process for the people that make their company, the CONSUMER.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-30-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Joe (bustedride) - I don't have a dog in the fight, but kind of figured there was more to the story. I am not supporting Skiers Choice at all on this, but your second post just opened a lot of questions.....

#1 - Any manufacturer of wake boats warranty does not transfer to the second owner unless you buy it from a dealer and they transfer the warranty for you. You can usually have your warranty transferred if you ask a dealer and pay for it to be done. Why did you not do this? How are you to know how the last owner treated the boat and if anything happened? If you don't really know, how is Skiers Choice going to know? The reason a dealer would transfer the warranty is cause they can inspect it and probably know the service history of it.

#2 - You start talking about beaching your boat and wearing away the gelcoat on the keel. That would raise red flags for me as well. How do you know what the previous owner did? How does SC know what the previous owner did? Many situations can occur from beaching a boat...

I know many Supra owners over the years and when people say that they are not taken care of there is usually more to it. Probably the biggest attribute that SC has and is applauded for all the time is their customer service. By the information you have posted, I would say that SC probably went further than any other manufacturer would go. Again, I don't know and I am sorry about your situation, but your story does not paint a great picture. I would pay for that warranty to be transferred next time. In this case, I am still not sure it would help you, but would give you an extra leg to stand on.
Sorry about your headache... I really am, but seems like you might just be venting...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-30-2014, 8:08 PM Reply   
FYI - I have owned several 21V's including an 06" that I still hang out on on occassion and have never had any real issues, and that boat is still rock solid with 700+ hours on it. I only had one issue with a 21V and it was a faulty V-Drive by Walter V Drives.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2014, 4:33 AM Reply   
I too have to stand behind skiers choice. Im in the same area as you are and have run my boats up and down these rivers. Ive not had 1 thing wrong with any of my Supras and Moombas i have owned. Our local dealer kicks ass when it comes to customer service in my opinion. I have always been treated very well and they have always had my boat ready to go. Sorry to hear about your situation, it sucks but i would have to agree with Diggs on this one.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-31-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Coming from someone who bought a SC boat was neglected severely by the PO, my Supra is as solid as they come. Besides needing a new interior, and some gelcoat repair, the boat held up better than I ever would have thought given it's previous history of basically zero cosmetic care. I'm not sure it was every waxed, or had the interior conditioned before I purchased it, and as a 2006 it's still in pretty decent shape when it's all cleaned up. Also, any time I've ever had a question about the boat, I've left a message at SC and was called back that same day with an answer. I'll definitely consider another Supra going forward.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-31-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Whatever happened with the old boy who was "dragging board racks in the water" with the SC?
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-31-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
I think it was a 22V not an SC, and since we haven't heard anything then I would guess that SC made it right in regards to whatever his situation was. His friend that was on here that started that whole conversation sunk his Axis though.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-31-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
LOL! What!!
not to derail this thread, but does anyone have any pictures? I gotta see this!
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-31-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
There was a thread about it awhile ago.

Edit: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802195

Found it. Same guy, as some point out near end of the thread

Last edited by Rusty; 07-31-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-31-2014, 12:39 PM Reply   
Any new pictures out there??
Old     (Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-31-2014, 6:40 PM Reply   
I was lucky enough to get on the SE450 today and man, what a nice boat! Big, spacious, nice new features that I wish I could discuss. Overall, you will be blown away and if you haven't considered Supra before, you will now.

Skiers Choice is hitting home runs with both lines, Supra and Moomba.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-01-2014, 5:26 AM Reply   
Saw this on instagram... looks good!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406895981931.jpg
Views: 3650
Size:  128.3 KB

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Joe (bustedride) - I don't have a dog in the fight, but kind of figured there was more to the story. I am not supporting Skiers Choice at all on this, but your second post just opened a lot of questions.....

#1 - Any manufacturer of wake boats warranty does not transfer to the second owner unless you buy it from a dealer and they transfer the warranty for you. You can usually have your warranty transferred if you ask a dealer and pay for it to be done. Why did you not do this? How are you to know how the last owner treated the boat and if anything happened? If you don't really know, how is Skiers Choice going to know? The reason a dealer would transfer the warranty is cause they can inspect it and probably know the service history of it.

#2 - You start talking about beaching your boat and wearing away the gelcoat on the keel. That would raise red flags for me as well. How do you know what the previous owner did? How does SC know what the previous owner did? Many situations can occur from beaching a boat...

I know many Supra owners over the years and when people say that they are not taken care of there is usually more to it. Probably the biggest attribute that SC has and is applauded for all the time is their customer service. By the information you have posted, I would say that SC probably went further than any other manufacturer would go. Again, I don't know and I am sorry about your situation, but your story does not paint a great picture. I would pay for that warranty to be transferred next time. In this case, I am still not sure it would help you, but would give you an extra leg to stand on.
Sorry about your headache... I really am, but seems like you might just be venting...
I did purchase the boat new. There was no need for any transfer of warranty. Just saying that someone who has purchased 2nd hand needs to be aware of that. I'll get some pics up for you.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406906403.871655.jpg
Views: 3527
Size:  198.9 KB
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406906535.592024.jpg
Views: 3517
Size:  197.0 KB
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406906680.402345.jpg
Views: 3561
Size:  65.4 KB
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:25 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406906738.265875.jpg
Views: 3640
Size:  74.7 KB
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406906986.990429.jpg
Views: 3465
Size:  60.0 KB

You can notice the gel coat worn away on the keel.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
As I said before, they did repair my boat after a long battle. After their first denial to warrant the repair, there was much refusal to even discuss, in hopes that I would just go away. The stories of the keel not designed to support weight and pulling up to beach did not sit we'll with me when Skier's Choice themselves shared photos of their boats beached for shoots.
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406907660.179710.jpg
Views: 3456
Size:  189.0 KB
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406907697.057324.jpg
Views: 3465
Size:  67.6 KB
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'll just add that I meet Joe this summer and he seem like a real stand up guy.

I heard the story first hand from him and his friend before I even got to meet Joe.

Just to clarify in the pic's he posted above the scuffs you see around the crack are from the bunks of the trailer. Joe had no idea the cracks where there until the boat was taken off the trailer by the surveyor because where under the bunk while on the trailer.

But I still LOVE my supra 24V and hope to have a SC450 one day.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-01-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
wow
scary
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Busted ride...... Sorry, i interpreted that you bought it used by your second hand comment... You have any pictures of that keel. It looks F'd Up.... Not like beaching in soft sand/mud. More like you impacted something really good. Sorry for your situation, but I would imagine that anyone would be very cautious after seeing that keel.... If you have closer pics of that, I would be interested in seeing. Not saying it caused the damage, cause I am no marine surveyor, but that with that kind of damage to the keel, I would be suspect as to what caused your cracks as well.....

Anyway this post is on the new SE.... back to it....
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-01-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
I remember seeing this boat at rinkers a while back. My buds was in the shop for a smiliar thing

Ready to see these new models. Might be time for an upgrade

Last edited by CHern5972; 08-01-2014 at 9:05 AM.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-01-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
Thank you for the pictures...
Old     (bustedride)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-01-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Diggs, you're correct. I am venting about my experience at a time the communication has fallen apart with my "point of contact" at Skier's Choice again. This may not be the best place or thread to do it, and I apologize for that. Out of a statement made and defended, I've taken over the wrong thread to air this out on.

My boat is repaired and I have asked to be reimbursed for my expenses that opened the communication back up between Skiers Choice and I.

From the beginning, I had full support of my dealer, other Houston area boat dealers, numerous boat owners, marine surveyors (via conversation and viewing of boat) and also the boat builder that hoisted my boat from the trailer. I obviously got the support of Skier's Choice at some point since they replaced the hull. Most of these guys had nothing to lose in the matter and gave an honest opinion. I and Skiers Choice had more to lose. They hold the cards and it was up to me to do all that I could to keep communication open with them or I owned a $35k paper weight on a trailer.

We have all seen a boat industry that has changed greatly over the last decade. Ski boats were adapted into wakeboard boats. Many saw failure of parts that were not intended to be used as they were in the sport. The builders have answered with beefier boats that are built for wakeboarding. A new boat such as the SC or SE may never see a major failure and I'd love to own one or maybe even a new one every year or two.

Thanks Chris and Blair for the support. Diggs, I hope Skier's Choice is paying you by now or giving you demo boats at least. 😉👍 It's obvious you are their most passionate fan.

As I was typing the above response, my phone rings. It's Skier's Choice. All is resolved. Thanks guys, I hope we can all learn from this.

Back to the new BAD ASS SUPRA SE...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
Joe - Sorry man... Just trying to get facts. You know how the internet is and I know how I have been treated by them when I had an issue. Maybe that comes down to a good dealer. No I am not being paid by SC. No I do not get a demo boat from SC. I can show you the check that gets written for them if you would like... While you are on the phone with them, maybe you can help work that into a boat deal for me!!!!
Glad you got your problem resolved and as I stated at the beginning, I was not supporting SC. I was just trying to get the facts and understand it cause it seemed fishy. That is a crappy situation and I do feel for you. I would go nuts!!!! No hard feelings....
Back to the SE.....
Old     (Bit)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-15-2014, 3:30 AM Reply   
Nice

http://vimeo.com/103357275?from=outro-embed
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-15-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Well bring it on Supra.... I'm waiting...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-15-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
You see this pic of the surf wave they released on Facebook..... holy moly!!!
Attached Images

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-15-2014, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'm sure it's a good wave but that right there is good camera work.