Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-08-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
I have the other post as well but what about the Flip HD Cameras. Looked at them today also and wanted some feed back. They are priced well I believe and seem to be pretty neat. I know its not waterproof though.

http://www.walmart.com/Flip-Ultra-Hd-Camcorder-Accessories/ip/11065296
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-08-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
They have an underwater case: http://store.theflip.com/Product.aspx?SKU=AWC2T
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-08-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Shaun,

For the money and convenience, I don't think the Flip cameras can be beat. I liken it somewhat to a iphone camera compared to a digital SLR: the full blown version is infinitely more capable, but a lot of times you reach for the more limited solution because it's so convenient. Capturing and sharing video images is VERY easy with Flip.

HOWEVER, as a three time progressive Flip owner (original --> Mino --> Mino HD), as the resolution on the cameras improves, shot steadiness/shake is increasingly notable. You really have to pay attention to get quality shots. It really is more of a casual camera. IMHO, it's great for capturing kids and to have a video record of activities (capture a wakeboard trick), but not well suited for shooting the next high-def feature film.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-08-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. It sounds like the Flip HD with a waterproof case might be the better option.

I am not trying to make any feature film by any means. I would like to be able to video myself and friends over the summer and put some clips together to make small videos but nothing too great.

My next question is how hard is it to take the video from the Flip and make it into something worth watching with music and some editing and will windows movie maker do the trick?
Old    wakejjboard12            11-09-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
Movie maker will work if you just want simple editing and music.