Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-19-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
I just got a copy of Relentless last night, I went to the premier which was cool but they did not show the Lake Powell footage which i was really looking forward too. I will tell you this....it is the best Wake video ever made, the film quality, sound quality and all the different camera angles is outstanding, along with some cool extras. It is a must buy!!
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-19-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Randy – I have a 6yr old wakeboarding freak for a son. Is it safe for little eyes and ears???
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-19-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
Yes there is no nudity or profanity just some good clean fun
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-19-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
For all of us not lucky enough to attend the premier , you can pre-order the DVD from Boardflix.com. I read on the "other" board that his shipment should arrive next Tuesday, and he's shipping pre-orders on Wednesday.

Here's a link:
Byerly Retrospect
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-19-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
That’s cool, because his mom wasn’t too happy with Byerly in Welcome using his middle finger to say “hello”. Shortly after that he asked his karate instructor, “what’s a bitch, and how do you bitch slap somebody?”

Man I miss that DVD…
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-19-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
How is the music in relentless? The trailer had jay-z i think. I hope it isnt all rap, I can only handle so much of that stuff.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-19-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
excellent sound track...off the top of my head there is some Jay-Z, The yeah,yeah,yeahs, some oldies, some really good 80's stuff, i just don't remember them all. The sound quality was just amazing i had to crank up the home theater.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-20-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
Sounds like a bada... sorry Jamie ... sweet video. I pre-ordered mine today!
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-24-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
i believe it has some grand funk railroad, niel young, the wrecks section is a really cool slow song by enya, it works perfectly
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-24-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
I rec'd mine in the mail yesterday from Boardflix.com. It is a "must have" in the wakeboard DVD section. There is tons of old-school footage mixed in with brand new footage for the video.
Darin Shapiro's "I go out and take it easy" segment is hilarious. Ya gotta check out this video!
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
Aparently there is a section where watson is riding a slider we built.

It's called the camel toe

Here are the rest of them in that park.
http://wake.com.au/modules.php?name=News&article=14
Let's just say this little lake will be very well know in about 12 months time :-)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-25-2004, 1:34 AM Reply   
Anyone know anywhere that has the DVD in stock? I keep getting the "should be here anyday" locally.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-25-2004, 5:30 AM Reply   
BOARDFLIX.COM

They had it to my door in two days.
Old    snoobs            08-25-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Got my Relentless DVD last night. The video footage was the best I have seen yet in a wakeboarding video and there is only about a handful of videos that I do not own. I did not like the choices of music but, hey, can't please everyone.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-25-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
what kind of music is it?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-25-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
toolfan ~ It's all rap!

J/K
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-25-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
I think a couple people are talking about Retrospect and not RELENTLESS... Darin Shapiro and Byerly do not make any appearances in the LF team video
toolfan- a little bit of everything, read through the previous posts
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-25-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
just got relentless today and it is one of the best videos i have seen. great wreck section too, made me hurt just watching it
Old    snoobs            08-28-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
ok....i made a comment about not liking the music selections...i would like to take that back....after watching this awesome video about a hundred times the music is starting to grow on me...infact, i just let the video run just to listen to the music sometimes now.

if your sittin on your duff and havent bought it yet, buy it! best video footage in a wakeboarding video out there...

peace
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-28-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Definitely a great flick. Shane Bonifay is now one of my favorite top three riders to watch. Just the way he transitions up the wake to the perfection in his landings just amazes me.

Ben Greenwood was awesome, Collin Harrington just kills it.. TS backside 540 clean with no double up

I've always loved the Liquid Force videos, this one rules.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-29-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
a masterpiece. smooth editing, justin stephens provides once again. I really liked the music. Some good old stuff, remix's, electric, and not to much rap. the bonus section is awesome as well.
Old    snoobs            08-29-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, the rap for Bonifay section seemed fitting. Its unreal how huge that guy gets. Large and incharge. Its so explosive it almost overshadows the other riders in the video. That slowmo shot of Soven doing the whirlybird is pretty wild. Stephans had to have some better equipment for this video. The water looks so crisp.
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-29-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yeah Justins equipment is way beyond anything I have seen before. I thought it was funny to see Shane bonifay wear the same outfit in his intro as he did for his lifestyle shots in his article in wakeboarding mag. Def has so mmuch more respect after that section, top 3 for me too. Collin just busts it! what a good re-break through section
Old    edward            08-29-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
mines on the way and should be here tuesday sounds like it will be good.
Old    flixmaster            08-30-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
We have been shipping them out Everyday since they came in last Tuesday. We have a second batch on the way so we should not have any delays in shipping on this title..
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Wakeside.com has a cool contest to go along with the purchase of Relentless. They are giving away a board, skimskate, clothes, hats, etc. Check it out!

RELENTLESS
Old    spinsir            08-30-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
how long is the video runtime?