Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (dre7ams)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
I visited my friends' house to demo Ronix One 141 on last Friday. The Ronix graphic on 2007 MC X-Star is awesome. Also, Danny made his signature on my board. Unfortunately, Danny dislocated his right shoulder. He said he got injured from skateboarding. I am sorry but we won't see him riding for a while. I hope he is feeling better.

I posted these pictures, especially the Ronix new X-Star, to share with you guys.

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by dre7ams on October 16, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
"Unfortunately, I saw dislocated Danny's right shoulder. He said he got injured from skateboarding. "

Did you mean to say that Danny Harf dislocated his right shoulder?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Thats what I was wondering, its a little confusing from the post and I couldn't find any other info on it. Does anyone else know?
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, he disclocated his right shoulder.....check out alliance under injury update blog
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-16-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Is he gona get surgery cuz riding without the surgery in my opninion just doesnt work and I could only imagine with someone that goes as big as Danny. I hope he can get better quick, maybe him and I can do rehab together lol
Old     (dre7ams)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Yes, Chris is right. I corrected the post. I saw a little bump on his shoulder. so, I guess he have not taken any surgery yet.

(Message edited by dre7ams on October 16, 2006)
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I dont know if hes going to have surgury or not, I am assuming NOT for a dislocated shoulder.
Old    ace5693            10-16-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
i dislocated my shoulder last time i rode which was in late august, not a fun way to end the season. the weird thing is that it doesn't take much to dislocate it.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-16-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
I dunno I had a dislocated shoulder and I can tell you that nothing I did fixed it. With Danny's riding i think it will really hold him back
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-16-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
That X-Star is sick!!
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-16-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
I dissagree i had my left shoulder dislocate and was ready to go into suregery until a close friend told me not to. He said he did the same surgery and it made it worse. I rehabbed and compensated in my riding by keeping the handle in closer. That was 4 years ago and as of today it is not holding me back. I have since heard of people getting the surgery and their sholders have frozen up and, or been infected and they have lost the ability to ride at all. Rehab is the way to go. You can really build up those muscles so they hold your shoulder in. Fyi i did mine on a raley and it dislocated numerous times, after strengthening my shoulder, it has yet to dislocate again. (knock on wood)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-16-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
I dislocated my shoulder and there is nothing I can do to fix it. It keeps dislocating more and more. The doctors said there is no surgery for it, since I didnt tear anything.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on October 16, 2006)
Old    gotwake123            10-16-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
ya i went and rode behind that at paridise lakes and it was awsome the ronix logo is sick
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Unstable shoulders are fairly common...see them a lot in sports that are occasionally high contact but don't require excessive shoulder strength to excel in (think soccer) There are ways to "tighten" them up surgically but as a rule remember that there is nothing out there that can't be made worse by surgery. Start spending some time in the weight room and you will do wonders.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-16-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
so wait....
hOw did u get hte Ronix "one" so fast?

Is thata new xtar??? How did u get the Ronix graphic on the side

And How are u so tight with Danny Harf??
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
leo that is a bunch of crap and you need to talk to a different surgeon. my surgeon is the number one shoulder surgeon in north texas and is known for his talent. he did it orthoscopicly and mine was just realllly stretched out and not torn. makin the decision to have surgery is a tough one, the bones in my shoulder were starting to fracture so i had to have it in order to ride. after rehab i thought it would never be the same, but id say 8 months after surgery it was a lot stronger. now 2 years later im extremely happy i had it repaired, im back on top of my game. just make sure you realllly get a good opinion, my first surgeon said he was gonna cut me all the way open which would have destroyed a lot of muscle and would have made rehab hell. rehab was still hell but my surgeon did an awesome job without destroying the surounding muscle.

(Message edited by wakebrdr38 on October 16, 2006)
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-16-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Some of you guys are depressing me. I just had shoulder surgery two weeks ago and now I see this. I have been having frequent dislocations and I hoped surgery would make it better. I spent a lot of time in the gym but that didn't prevent the dislocation. However, it did help my recovery time and it did seem to reduce the frequency of dislocations. I think you can make your should worse if you continuously dislocate it.
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-22-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Like the boat. I'll take 2 LOL