Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-17-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
I am going to be a freshman at the university of oregon this year and was just wondering what the riding scene is like there? any information is appreciated. thanks
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-17-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
lots of riding up in portland. www.pdxwake.com

not sure what goes on down in eugene but you are close to detroit lake a green peter res.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-17-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Couldn't get into OSU? Keep your head up, study hard and maybe next year you'll get into OSU.

GO Beav's
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-17-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Wow all the way up to Eugene Oregon. There are quite a few riders in Eugene. I think they have a wake club at UofO. It would be worth checking out.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-17-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
thanks a lot for the info.

Hey Face Planter we will see about that after we beat you guys Dec 1
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
There are a bunch of good riders out of Springfield, check with the local board shops.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-17-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
there is a club at u of o. They dont have a boat but they do get out every now and then.

Your best bet is PDXwake. The guys up there are friendly and likely will be willing to help you out with some pulls and such.

Ill be in eugene the 28th for the cal game. Cant wait!
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
hey bro i grew up there i got every name and phone # to get you in contact with people even a job teaching at a school in eugene your lucky cuz i seriously got you coverd e mail me your number
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-18-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
All you ducks and beavers...... Go to a real pac 10 school....... Go Huskies!
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
huck the fuskies Marques Tuiasosopo was all you ever had Go Ducks
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-18-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
All Husky Allumni:

* Mark Bruener - NFL tight end for the Houston Texans.
* Mark Brunell (1993) - NFL quarterback for the Washington Redskins.
* Chuck Carroll - Elected to the College Football Hall of Fame and National Football Foundation Hall of Fame.
* Chris Chandler - NFL quarterback for the St. Louis Rams.
* Ernie Conwell - NFL tight end for the New Orleans Saints.
* Don Coryell - Former NFL head coach for the San Diego Chargers and introduced the I formation to the NFL.
* Corey Dillon - NFL running back for the New England Patriots.
* Steve Emtman - Former NFL defensive lineman and the first pick in the 1992 NFL draft.
* D'Marco Farr - Former NFL defensive lineman and current television personality.
* Don Heinrich - Former NFL quarterback for the New York Giants.
* Brock Huard - Former NFL quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks.
* Damon Huard - NFL quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.
* Tank Johnson - NFL defensive lineman.
* Napoleon Kaufman - Former NFL running back for the Oakland Raiders.
* Lincoln Kennedy - Former NFL offensive lineman and three time Pro Bowl participant.
* David Kopay (1964) - Former NFL running back.
* Olin Kreutz - NFL Pro Bowl center for the Chicago Bears.
* Hugh McElhenny - Former NFL running back and member of both the College and Pro Football Hall of Fame.
* Lawyer Milloy - NFL safety for the Atlanta Falcons.
* Warren Moon (1978) - Former National Football League quarterback and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
* Jim L. Mora - Former NFL head coach for the Atlanta Falcons.
* Tony Parrish - NFL safety for the San Francisco 49ers.
* Jerome Pathon - NFL wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons.
* Matthew Rogers - Offensive lineman for the 2001 Washington Rose Bowl team and American Idol finalist.
* Sonny Sixkiller - Former NFL and CFL quarterback. Cast member in the original The Longest Yard.
* Jerramy Stevens - NFL tight end for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
* Marques Tuiasosopo - NFL quarterback for the New York Jets.
* Arnie Weinmeister - Former NFL lineman, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Teamster boss.
* Reggie Williams - NFL wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

(Message edited by solo on September 18, 2007)
Old     (wallaced)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-18-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
haha... this is classic! Steven... I can't believe you left out two of the most important husky alums... Bill McCaffray and Greg Nelson! I'm a DUCK, as is Charlie Patterson, so I'm not really giving any props to the Husky's... just wanted to point that out! By the way... Has anyone looked at the standings lately? Top 15 and moving up! Go Ducks! Gabe... there are some killer lakes around Eugene. When I was in school we didn't have a wake club, but there were plenty of people that rode... you should have no problem getting some pulls.

Don W
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
alli got to say is oct 20th its on
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-18-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Don, you left out Jon Lindsay!
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Wow, I didn't think there were any Fusky hans left after the last couple years. I would rather wear orange or green any day of the week. Purple just doesn't seem right. I am glad they gave Rick NeuWeasel the boot. At least they have that going for them.

Go Beavs! Go ducks!
Old     (sparkmonster)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Steven those huskies looked good last weekend early cannot wait till the cal game i am coming up for it
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-18-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Go Dawgs!
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
The ducks have this year locked down for football, plus they have home field advantage for civil war it could be ugly for the beavs, But we will get our revenge when we stack our baseball team against the one Phil knight is buying you guys!

GO Beavs!!
Old     (smithwake101)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
don wallace your a duck did you ever ride at fern ridge or fall creek who did you ride with o and go ducks joey hairinton is a starter thanks vick
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-18-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
I just graduated from U of O last month. There isn't a whole lot of riding going on in Eugene, but its getting better. If you check out the UO website you should be able to search for the wakeboard clubs' web site. The club just started last spring and they use a borrowed DD Response LXi with The Wedge and a tower...so not really a wakeboarding boat.

Fern Ridge (aka Fern Ditch) is a nasty lake, but its shallow and warmer then most. About 70% of the time its so rough that you can sail on it, but when its smooth, its unbeatable. The lake is about 10-15 minutes outside of Eugene if you head East on the Beltline. Other lakes in the area are Cottage Grove Lake and Dorena Lake which are about 30 minutes south of Eugene. If you head North about 30 minutes you will run into Foster Lake and Green Peter. There are some others, but those are the most popular ones in the area.

The season in Eugene is pretty short (don't know if you are from Oregon) and the lakes are typically only used from June-August heavily. If you have a drysuit or nice wetsuit and a dedicated group of friends you can ride all year long in the area, but you will be hard pressed to find a group. My friends and I used to bring our parents boats down to Fern Ridge and moor them at the docks during spring term. It was really cold for the first month, but in May the water really started to heat up (as in low 60's) and it was really fun! We were usually the only boat out on the water and with the lake being so close we could just head out after class.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
A duck fan and a beaver fan were walking through the woods when they came upon a set of tracks. The duck fan said, "Those are deer tracks." The beaver fan said, "No. They're two big to be deer tracks. They must be elk tracks." As they were arguing back and forth they got hit by the train.

And yes, there are a few of us Huskies left out there, even through the bad times.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-19-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Joey Harrington is doing pretty good for the Falcons this Year. He has 2 touchdowns, which both happen to be to the other team. He is a bum. Go Dawgs. WAR Jake Locker.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Anyone heading out anytime soon?
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-24-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Yo Gabe I'm a freshman @ the U of O too. Same boat as you right now. I'm def. looking for people to ride with. I haven't been able to find where to get hooked up with the club yet.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
ya im trying to find the club too
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
Noteworthy guestion for the Dawg fans...

Your not claiming Billy Joe???

He played in the NFL as well.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-25-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Big game Saturday with college gameday in Eugene!!