Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2002, 1:14 PM Reply   
Here are some more pics of my boat, before and after windshield install.

210 Team w/o Winshield
210 Team w/Winshield
Old    skihardkore            11-26-2002, 4:06 PM Reply   
why did you have the windshield off in the first place? it looks remarkably like a seadoo boat without the windshield
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2002, 4:39 PM Reply   
When the boats come from in on the truck they come in without having the windshield, skegs, tower, etc. installed to prevent damage while in transit.
Old    dholio            11-26-2002, 7:59 PM Reply   
if ordered from the factory, towers are installed there. If not, they are added later. The fins are also installed at the factory. Can't watertest a boat and pass tracking tests without the fins! They take the prop off, windshield and all drain plugs out before they leave the factory.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2002, 9:03 PM Reply   
My boat arrived on a flatbed with 3 other boats. Pretty hard to ship that many boats at one time with towers on them, wouldn't you say?
210 Team

Perhaps I'm wrong about the fins, but I know for a fact that mine arrived w/o tower and windshield. And it is a Team, so obviously it was ordered from the factory with tower.

(Message edited by cryptic22 on November 26, 2002)
Old    dholio            11-27-2002, 10:44 AM Reply   
in the past they were shipped with a tower on it. They may have changed it now. It could fit on that trailer though with it folded down. I wasn't trying to sound cocky or anything with my last post.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-27-2002, 12:08 PM Reply   
Maybe the distance of the ship has to do something with it? Also maybe it has something to do with getting more boats made. If this is stuff that the dealer can do then I am sure that the factory wants to get the boat out. But more then likely it has to do with shipping and inventory. The factory can have the tower makers ship the tower straight to the dealer. I know on my 99 X-star in which the tower was made by a seperate company. The tower was sent to the dealer and installed by them.
Old    dholio            11-27-2002, 1:48 PM Reply   
i don't know exactly how CC works it but they do make there own towers. Any of the boats that I have seen come to the dealers and factory warehouses acroos the states, they are on from the factory. Somebody should email one of these companies for the heck of it. I do see MC's come right from the factory with there towers already on with the 2003.
Old     (elduke)      Join Date: May 2002       11-27-2002, 2:27 PM Reply   
Luke,
The yellow hull looks much better that I would have imagined. Now you got me thinking about how I would like to spec mine out. We have had a hard time with yellow where I am located but your color scheme opens up new possibilities. Thatnks for the picture show.
Old    michael_freeman            11-27-2002, 4:35 PM Reply   
RE "We have had a hard time with yellow"

What do you mean? Harder to resale, keep clean...?

Just curious, because I'm considering yellow now that I see what it looks like on his boat.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-27-2002, 5:59 PM Reply   
Here's a pic with the tower.
210 Team w/Tower
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-27-2002, 7:49 PM Reply   
Do you know if the tower is mounted and removed before shipment?

I would rather not have the bozos at the local service shop aligning, drilling and placing the backing plates for my tower.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-27-2002, 9:36 PM Reply   
Nope, they aren't mounted, but the dealers do it all the time, and it's really a simple process. Of course it would be nice if the person installing it actually had a passion for boats, but it would be tough to screw up the install.

Are getting a new 210 Dane?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-27-2002, 10:09 PM Reply   
No new boat for me this year.

I really prefer factory installed options on a car and I think it is even more important on a boat. My experience with boat service is that there is a 50% chance what you want done will get done right and 25% chance that something else will get damaged in the process.
Old     (elduke)      Join Date: May 2002       11-28-2002, 7:58 PM Reply   
As far as the yellow boats go in our market it is kind of hard to sell them. But I am in Utah so that could be a different story with your locale. And the way Luke has speced his colours it would excite more people. Congrats Luke, the boat looks great. colors depend on the market and who the users are.
Old    skihardkore            12-04-2002, 1:10 PM Reply   
I love the colours. I would definatley buy that boat. The black stripe and black tower are sweet.
who cares about the market, dont be a follower, blaze your own trail dude. way to go.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-05-2002, 4:22 PM Reply   
More pics.
210 Air Nautique Team
Interior Shot 1
Interior Shot 2
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       12-06-2002, 8:39 AM Reply   
Luke,

It looks like your bimini top is not even covering the Driver or passengers areas. It looks like the top is too far back.

Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2002, 10:01 AM Reply   
Yeah, it does. I think it may just be the angle though. The Boss bimini's are only supposed to go to the front windshield. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2002, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hey Luke, it should be like this........

bimini
Old    wakedad            12-06-2002, 10:44 AM Reply   
The towers are different, the rear leg of the tower is much further back on Luke's.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2002, 10:57 AM Reply   
I emailed BOSS to see if they could send me some close up pics of a BOSS bimini on a FCT. I will post them if they send them!

JMS
I know the towers are different, I was just saying it should look like this or at least this high.........if possible?
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       12-06-2002, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have a Boss bimini that I had on my my X-star and I wanted to use it on my Super but determined it would not work. I am using the Dealer installed bimini now. Luke I would check into your boat & top. Boss may have to exchange it for another style to fit the Flight Control Tower. Let us know what happens.
Old    wakedad            12-06-2002, 11:33 AM Reply   
Todd, both look similar in size and both mount on the rear leg. I'm curious if Luke's can be adjusted to cover like yours. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2002, 11:52 AM Reply   
John,

Do you have a pic of your bimini on your boat? (I like your tow vehicle. Sweet setup!)
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2002, 1:37 PM Reply   
JMS,
That's not my boat, that is off of Boss's site.
Still no email from Boss
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       12-06-2002, 9:06 PM Reply   
Here are a couple

Old     (jimcampbell)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2002, 4:07 PM Reply   
John,
Thats a nice dock setup. How do you get the boat in and out? Where,s the open water?. Wish i had a dock like that.

ITS ALL GOOD
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       12-08-2002, 5:21 PM Reply   
The pictures were taken at Waketoberfest in Austin, TX. The dock has just enough room to get in and out. We stay with a friend who live right on the lake and that the dock he shares with several other in the neighborhood. The open water is about a 30 second out of the cove.
Old    aquajack            12-08-2002, 10:23 PM Reply   
Hey guyz, I can get you a bimini that fits and looks like this, email me and I can get you many pictures on several different Correct Craft boats from ALL angles needed to see how they actually work and look. Plus there is NO Screwing or Drilling in your boat or your tower!!!Contact me at my email address or on our website.