Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-24-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
Yesterday I had a CTEK 25000 charger delivered from fed ex. I just bought the charger to install in my boat today at the lake. Well my daughter was home yesterday, but never saw it delivered. I went to ever neighbor and asked them if they had a package from fedex delivered and they said no.

Put a call into fed ex to try to search for it and the driver from fed ex came and talked to me this morning. He showed me where he put it and remembered the house and everything.

Just my luck. I contacted the company I bought it from and they are being nice about things, but they need a case number from fed ex now, which I am now waiting for with the call back

This sucks and was really hoping to install my Kinetik battery in my boat and use my new charger.

I hate people that steal.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-24-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
I hate thieves too. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it so no sense getting angry about it. Had someone steal my welder out of my garage a couple months back. Went out to finish welding a quarter panel on my car, and gone. Still need to get a new one, just irritating but you can't sweat it too much. Crazy they didn't take anything else, maybe they had their hands full... It was heavy.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
I've had a few things like that stolen. Really sucks, but it makes me feel better to consider that they have been a worthless POS loser their entire lives, and will live out the rest of their days as such.

I've never thought of this, but it would be so easy for thieves to follow a FedEx truck around a neighborhood and watch for boxes that look like they have electronics and other valuables in them with binocs.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
I am always afraid of that. I always do direct signature with fedex or get things sent to my work so I dont have to worry.
Old    bigdtx            06-25-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Fedex and UPS won't knock anymore like they used to. Now they just leave package and run.
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-25-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
I would say put another package on your porch, get a gun, hide and wait. When the theif comes back you shoot him, and help your community by lowering the crime rate.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-25-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
About a month ago I came out to my car and the window had been smashed in, they took a brand new ipod and I hate to say it but I had $480 bucks in my console and they nabbed it. I know I know I ussually don't leave money in there it was just perfect timing on the thieves side. Always feel violated when someone takes from you. Sorry about that man I know it sucks
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-25-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
ship yourself a nice box of dog crap
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-26-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
I hate thieves too. One of the worst issues about this happening to you is that Fed will not leave a package ever again. You'll have to be at home or make other arrangements. In other words, your life just got a little more complicated. Also, you can probably bet that this is not the first time in your 'hood. UPS will be the same too.

Regarding the knocking and running, the companies are pushing so much pressure on the drivers, to maintain (actually improve) efficiency, that they have no choice but to knock and run. As for UPS, I am surprised that the Teamsters hasn't put a stop to some of the antics that I hear UPS is doing to their personnel.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-27-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Had a UPS driver deliver a snowboard to an address with the same number as my house only one street over. Gave the package to a kid in the driveway cleaning his car. Called them when I got home and there was no snowboard. The Driver and his supervisor went to the house and talked to the kids parents they even had maps showing GPS dots of stops he made showing him at their house. Told the Dad that the kid was cleaning the car etc.... Dad remembered the kid was cleaning the car blah blah blah. However the kid claimed the UPS driver never gave him the package so even with all the evidence presented to the parents they decided that if the kid said he didn't have it he didn't have it. UPS driver was forced to pay for my replacement board straight from his paycheck. I felt so bad for the driver. I guess my point is if parents don't ever make kids take responsibility for their actions are we really that surprised they steal stuff?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-28-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
I can only hope parents like them eventually pay the price for their pathetic parenting. Maybe that kid will get all worked up over some xmas gift he wanted but didn't get and end up offing the whole family and himself.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-28-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
Well the only good thing out of this is the seller Simple auto Inc. told me that they will send me another one and that it will be here before the weekend. I have not seen a tracking number as of yet, but he says it will ship tomorrow moring.

I did place a police report, but that is just to make the local police aware of the crime in my neighborhood.

I hope it all works out for me in the end.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-29-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
Had 3 amps delivered to my house last week,they rang the bell,and then knocked,and to my surprise waited til I came to the door ......they also made me sign for it.
They usually just drop and run,but I was glad they didn't.
Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-30-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
UPS had my mom sign for my new wakeboard that came the other day. glad to see there are still some decent drivers out there who care haha
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-30-2011, 4:59 PM Reply   
Just recieved my new CTEK 25000 battery charger today. Thank you Chris at Simple Auto inc. Second time was a charm.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-02-2011, 3:32 PM Reply   
Knock and Wait - Usually a hottie comes to the door... from what I have heard....
Old     (boatmaster)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
Costco security camera setup
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-20-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
its a whole new racket, they cruise neiigborhoods and wait for trucks to deliver. My buddy at work had a bunch of ammo stolen on his porch.

Ship your packages to work from now on. i am going to.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
its a whole new racket, they cruise neiigborhoods and wait for trucks to deliver. My buddy at work had a bunch of ammo stolen on his porch.

Ship your packages to work from now on. i am going to.
That is what I do. Might add a day delay for me since I'm at a rather large company, but it means things are not sitting on the front step all day when the wife is not home.