Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-15-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Centurion unvailed 3 new boat models at Surf Expo on Friday. New DD Enzo 216 and 2 new entry level boats, 20ft 6in DD and V-drives will be called the Falcon and Falcon-V. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Awesome. I heard they had some new graphics for '08. I also like the new decal, better than the "batwing" that they've had for a few years. Looks like they carpeted the sides under the seats. Can't wait until they update their web-site.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-15-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
Why would you put carpet in a boat? The fact that you can pull the carpet out is one of the things I like best about my boat. I hardly ever put it in.

I'd like to see boats with no carpet in the V-drive lockers, no felt on the v-drive covers, no carpet under the clam shell or under any other seats.

Is it just me?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-16-2007, 3:29 AM Reply   
Ed, The floor carpet still snaps out, I believe they are trying to reduce cost and carpet is cheaper than finished gel.
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-16-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
can you say titan 3 tower?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
all 3 boats are based off the Enzo 216 SV hull

I can't wait to drive one to see how it compares to my 216 the 2 Falcons are shorter 20' 8" and not as deep as my Enzo

(Message edited by krbaugh on September 16, 2007)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
The new Falcons are 20' 9" not 20' 8"

The tower is not a titan 1 2 4 or 5 it is a new Tower from Skylon called the Double up and is Standard on all the Centurions this year You can still get the Tribal and Evolution as options.

I am hearing the new Double up is extremely SOLID
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-16-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
liquid -- i thought the exact same thing..

i hate the graphics.... seems everyone is following suit...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-16-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
Kevin, I think liquid ryder knows the tower isn't a titan, but is saying that they copied the titan design.

I just noticed the tower has to bars on the rear tower arms. Seems like an interesting design.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on September 16, 2007)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
One other thing both Falcons and the new Enzo are 102" beam

"but is saying that they copied the titan design"

ahh ok

"two bars on the rear tower arms"
yeah I guess that is where the double up comes from
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-16-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
Ed- I agree, carpet in the back compartments gets gunked up and can mildew. I like your idea of a glassed floor instead of a carpeted one. I'd like to see a rubber mat that in the back compartments that you can take out and clean.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
I could see a snap out mat in the back or maybe sprayed on ruber stuff. But what about sound deading. I would think the carpet would dampen the noise better than a ruber mat
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-17-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
Ya, I'm sure carpeting helps with sound deadening. I'd like to see some kind of Rhino liner in the hidden areas rather than carpet though. I don't have inside storage for my boat, anything that holds water keeps water around for mold growth.

I’d also like to see, especially on surf boats like the Enzos, a tower that is also a surf board rack. I saw one on a Supra this season that looked really cool.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Kevin, Any word on the weight of the two new Falcons?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Anybody have an idea what the price range is going to be on the new falcon V.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Don I know what your thinking
No I don't think they have a number yet
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
DD starts in the very low 30's and the V starts just over $36....Those prices include tower, ballast and trailer. Super sweet boat with tons of room. It really looks more like a 22 footer. I think this boat is going to definitely boost sales for Centurion this year. No wake pics yet, but by looking at the hull I think it will be more like the Enzo 216, it is more rounded than the other models.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
I know what he was thinking as well! Are they going to AWSA test the Falcon?

Tim
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
the side profile looks nothing like an 216, the freeboard back at the transom is really short. The angle of the bow isnt as steep too. The side cut outs in the back arent enzo like. Do you have any transom shots, i'd like to see how much v they carried to the back. Looks more like a cyclone that they streached the beam on.

New gauges, and speakers (what brand are they)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
the Falcons are 102" wide too wide for the AWSA test.

The hull is what is based on the 216 not the deck and style of the boat

This is the Falcon hull not a great picture it only show about half the hull

Upload

216 hull

Upload
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Kevin, did you go down to the expo (I'm assuming that's where you got the pics.)? What did you think of the 216 SD? I thought it was the nicest direct drive I've ever ridden in when I test drove it in Nashville.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Don,

What do you think the chances of getting them approved for LSL w/o AWSA approval?

Tim
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Tim, as you know, LSL already took a major step this year by allowing certain v-drives, so I don't know if the odds are too good of them taking another big step and dropping the AWSA requirement. Having said that, if the weight of the Falcon comes in below the requirement, I think we'd at least be able to present a fairly solid arguement for why it should be approved. Believe me, I hope to God they do approve it!
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
The more choices the better....as long as they are good for the lake!
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
If the Falcon comes in at the price we're hearing, I think this boat could introduce a lot of people on that lake to inboards. We'll certainly try our best to get it approved.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
I did not go I had a friend that did email me some pictures.

I have heard they are priced right!
Altought "DD starts in the very low 30's and the V starts just over $36...." seems a little to right but one can only hope

I would think that you might have a chance to get them approved if the weight is right. since they have some other manufactures boats that are approved that did not go to the test
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
Kevin - I am surprised that your friend failed to inform you of the price, because he sure didn't forget to fill you in on everything else......The model has been launched as an entry level boat to compete with the likes of Moomba. I am sure your friend told you that, right?. If I misunderstood my rep and the National Sales Manager about the pricing while I was placing an order for these boats then it looks like I am in trouble. The boats will start in that price range for sure.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
So has anyone had the chance to ride behind these new boats? How are their wakes and handling? How about ther gunwales and overall feel of deepness. We loved our Cylcone (as well as our Hurricane and Avy) as we felt very comfortable in there with our little ones. And I loved the peaky wakes with the kick. Wouldn't be the case in say an older Moomba LSV or current Outback V if you understand where I am coming from on the gunwale/seating issue.

Do they ride like Centurions, or are they more along the ride of the Enzo 216? How deep do they sit in the water? With a 102 beam on a 20ft'r that is gonna be tough to beat. So are they setup pretty much like a Storm 1? How about trailers? Tandem standard? Sorry for the 20 questions. WAs a long time Centurion supporter. Still am, but dealership issues have forced us elsewhere, but with these new boats a 20ft'r with a 102beam is hard to not want to know more about.

If anyone has some pics you can shoot them my way. Would love to check them out.

Thanks
Kris
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Kevin,

All the vdrives that were approved have the same hull as an AWSA approved DD hull.

Tim
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Nate if you can sell the V drives for just over 36K that is fantastic! I did not mean to question your price. I am sure weeds and porkchop gave you the right price!

I have not been behind one but I have been behind my 216 since this hull is based on the 216 I have to think they are similar. The stock 216 is more of a ramp than the Cyclone. However I loaded mine down the other day and it can get pretty vert with a lot of weight in the back. Me I like the ramp. The Cyclone will have a better ride.

Yes Like a storm 1 it has a Tower and Ballast.
I am pretty sure they are standard with a single axel but you can upgrade to a tandem

I have only seen the pictures but they seem like they are comparable to the Cyclone Freeboard maybe Nate can help with that.

I know Tim
"All the vdrives that were approved have the same hull as an AWSA
approved DD hull."
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure that they will ride a little more like the 216 basing it on the way the hull is designed. As far as wake goes I have no idea, these two boats were the first ones to be produced so I am not sure that anyone has had a chance to get behind one. The freeboard seems to be deep....meaning more than the Cyclone but a little less than the 216.