Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
This thread is not intended to bash Ronix or their GREAT products in any way. Just want to get that out of the way because last time I posted about my ONE board there was a huge discussion about bashing Ronix on a public forum.

So I managed to break another ONE board this weekend hitting double ups. Luckily my bindings were ok this time. My first one was replaced quickly last time so I wasn't too worried. Called up Ronix and Wakeside this morning and sure enough my replacement board is on the way already. The ONE is out of stock as well as the IBEX for a few weeks so I ordered the 08 Covin as my replacement. Being all black it will look decent with ONE bindings.

I really liked the pop of the ONE but my biggest issue with the board was how tight it was with fins and how loose it was without. I would like to have something in between so hopefully the Covin will be a good fit. For those of you that ride this board how does it ride? What do you like and dislike about it?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-04-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
The Covin will be just as tight on the water if not tighter that the One with the 1 inch fins. What you have to do is put on .7 hyperlite a-wings and you will love life. My buddy has a Covin and I have a One and we both have ridden eachother's board. The one obviously has much more pop but the Covin definately has more pop than sharpe's 3DS and is pretty fast. The landings also don't kill your knees like the one. On the other hand, my buddy just switched over to the Ibex now (which i haven't ridden) and he said it blows his Covin out of the water
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Thanks, I rode with ONE without fins so maybe the Covin will be a little tighter finless. If not I'll get smaller Hype fins as you suggested. I thought about waiting for the Ibex to arrive at wakeside but I would rather be on the water this weekend with the Covin then have to wait a few weeks or maybe more without a board. I think the 08 Covin graphics look sick too.

I may end up purchasing another board next summer which would be another ONE or IBEX. I've never owned a continuous rocker board so I look forward to trying the Covin.